- от Super Villain, месяц назадОценено на 5 из 5Thanks for developing this. I am a laptop Linux user and I have a 4k external monitor, so the output is rendered by Nvidia GPU. When I used Firefox with smooth scrolling (which is set by default), there were always lags whenever I scrolled in Google. But after disabling it and using this extension to tune scrolling, everything has been perfect!
- от av, 3 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5still an awsome feature ,but FF84 has changed some settings.
start scrolling with mousewheel is not smooth anymore
tested on 3 seperate systems with FF83 and upgrading to FF84.
- UPDATE -
for those with little jerky/jumpy scroll( FF 84+) found a solution;
Type about:config in the URL(firefox) and filter; "general.smoothScroll.mouseWheel.durationMaxMS"
change the value as 1000 and try it. (1000 worked for me other values may work too)
also look at your add on settings , it might need some tweaking
i changed "Staggered edge" setting on options tab, to 0
and slightly changed "jump"and "smoothness" setting
- от Пользователь Firefox 6859214, 4 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5It stopped working for me after a Firefox update but I did get it to work again after fiddling around toggling settings in about:config and uninstalling/reinstalling the extension a few times. Not fun thanks to the FF update but at least it is working again.
I'm not sure of exactly what did it but if anyone else is having issues, try uninstalling YASS, enable FF's default smooth scroll, reset the general.smoothScroll.mouseWheel.migrationPercent setting to 100, and toggle mousewheel.enable_pixel_scrolling off then back on again. Leave both pixel scrolling and FF's smooth scroll enabled, restart FF, and reinstall YASS. Might work but YMMV
- от KorkyTheKat, 4 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5Some folks are complaining that this add-on no longer works. I installed it and had it working as I wanted it within 5 minutes. Maybe I'm odd. I'm pleased with this add-on and if I had found it sooner I would of saved me a couple of hours messing around in about:config trying to make my scrolling smoother.
- от Пользователь Firefox 16343909, 4 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5Unfortunately, the add-on no longer works with the update to Firefox 84.
I ask for an update. Many Thanks.
Thanks to User 6859214, his Workaround works for me. Now it scroll smooth again.
- от Пользователь Firefox 15374273, 8 месяцев назадОценено на 1 из 5had it for many years. however, no longer has any affect. doesn't work at all. Is it possible its due to that I also run Gesturefy ?? i dunno. but the addon should self actualize if its no longer having an affect, or why. compatability issues?
- от ander, 9 месяцев назадОценено на 5 из 5This has worked great for me. With no fewer than 5 settings affecting mouse-wheel scrolling, you need to experiment with some to understand how they work. But if you're a geek like me, you'll find it fun. :?) (And hey, what else are we doing right now?)
- от Пользователь Firefox 13449184, 10 месяцев назадОценено на 3 из 5The addon is very customizable and works as advertised, but there's one big problem. On websites with lots of autoplay videos, like Reddit for instance, scrolling through will become very laggy and skip around repeatedly, losing all smoothness. This doesn't happen with Firefox's native smooth scrolling or autoscrolling feature. I'm on Linux by the way. Not sure if that's relevant.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14337877, год назадОценено на 4 из 5Functions great. Only troublesome aspect for me is that if I toggle the extension to 'disabled' in the toolbar icon, it will forget this choice and start 'enabled' the next time I quit and launch Firefox.
I only use the extension on a minority of my systems where my mouse driver has bad scroll configurability, so I'd much rather have to toggle on there than toggle off the majority of times I start the browser.
While I'm being critical of an extension which someone has made and released to absolutely no cost to me, the ability to explicitly type in values in the configuration screen (vs only being able to adjust the sliders) would be a plus as well, in my eyes.
- от herofox, год назадОценено на 5 из 5Surprisingly delighted with this extension. My settings for a built-in trackpad in Mid 2012 MackbookPro 15 on Ubuntu 19.10 are:
- Step size: 50
- Smoothness (Forepart): 3.04
- Smoothness: 87.42
- Acceleration Sensitivity: 124
- Acceleration by travel distance: 1.39
It removes the awkwardness on my fingers at the fresh installation. I will still have to adjust a little bit though.