- от boxfreind, 3 года назадОценено на 1 из 5While the service this extension provides is indeed very helpful, the extension itself is in dire need of updating. Right now, it slows down Firefox substantially and hangs it up. I have stopped installing it on client's computers and will not be recommending it until this is remedied.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 года назадWe're sorry to hear that! We made several updates and improvements to solve this issue. If you think differently we'll be happy to hear from you via https://support.mywot.com/
- от Пользователь Firefox 14072894, 3 года назадОценено на 1 из 5Web of Trust CAN'T BE TRUSTED, DON'T USE IT AS U ARE A MOZILLA FIREFOX USER.
BLOCK IT NOW.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14065274, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5"Web of Trust Sells Your Browsing History, Uninstall It Now"
LifeHacker.com - https://lifehacker.com/web-of-trust-sells-your-browsing-history-uninstall-it-1788667989
- от SandpaperWasteland, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5WoT's "Active Protection" actively tracks and links your IP address to what you type on search engines, your web history, then "distributes" (or sells as some websites have warned) this information directly to others.
This obvious breach of privacy mingled with the fact that they were caught red-handed in selling it is UNACCEPTABLE.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14038268, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5Aside from the obvious deception: https://lifehacker.com/web-of-trust-sells-your-browsing-history-uninstall-it-1788667989
We need something that gives expert warnings based on what experts detect, not community as in every person who thinks they know something when in reality they know less than nothing.
Yeah, This addon is bad for multiple reasons. I used it long ago, but one day I decided it was not worth using beyond even the deception above that they did.
PS, duckduckgo removed wot from their engine so yeah... its no lie.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14012454, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5This site almost completely relies on community opinion, and that opinion's honesty, for its results. There is little fact checking done here since anyone can go to their site, enter a web address and rate it without posting a review or logging in. I would be very careful to trust this service's info without manually fact checking it yourself. I know that doing so defeats the purpose for this service, but that's how untrustworthy I think this service is. Anyone (using this service) can give a site a bad rating without it being crosschecked by someone before it's posted. Even if the site deserved the rating or not. A system like this is easily manipulable, and should be taken with the understanding that there is no guarantee for accuracy.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 4 года назадWOT does in fact rely on our community for ratings and reviews, but that is our strength. It's not accurate to say that "anyone" can influence a site's ratings. We use a reliability algorithm that only allows trustworthy users to influence a site's ratings, which greatly increases the quality of our ratings. The system is actually built to prevent manipulation like you're describing. Thanks for your review!
- от Yassine Daoudi, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5I can login in the original website, but not the extension, I can't stay connected in firefox and chrome, i can't even login on any browser with this add-on, so, it's a big problem for me .
- от Пользователь Firefox 13772382, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5After leaving a candid but respectful and cautious review on an alternative health website, my account was blocked.
This health website was safe and offered an alternative treatment that helped me. Nothing in my post was abusive and I included a disclaimer at the end of the review in case anyone mistakenly thought I stepped in something. Bang. Account blocked after 5+ years of use.
Strangely, three negative reviews seething with abusive, foul and specious language were posted against this same health website and its owner. Their accounts were not blocked.
Could these people be in alliance with pharmaceutical companies? Hmmmm..... That was a question and not a direct attack on WOT, in case their staff are feeling a tad paranoid.
Not recommended. I feel WOT are not trustworthy, since they seem to monitor their users' activity in real time and they seem to censor ideas that may or may not be perceived as threatening to certain corporations.
I recommend trusting the reviews found on WOT only if you accept conventional propaganda.