Оценено на 3,6 из 5
Оценено на 3,6 из 5
- от Пользователь Firefox 14237522, 2 года назадОценено на 2 из 5another one (along word count) that only counts to ~3k words, ~15k characters.
I wrote a lot more than that (hemingwayapp says 17k words!)
useless for long texts - which is what I need it for.
- от sean, 2 года назадОценено на 3 из 5It doesn't give me the correct Chinese character count for a long article. It should be over thousand characters, but only reports 150. Also wish there's an option to ignore Chinese punctuation symbols.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13668108, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Loved this tool, but has recently stopped working. Maybe since the Feb update? Neither right click or Ctrl + Shift + C is working for me. If someone can give me a solution and I can use this tool again, I'll change my review to 5 stars.
EDIT: Remove and re-download solved. This tool is my fav again.
- от eUROs, 2 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Very good Extension! BUT the only problem is that it counts also the Empty spaces between the characters. There is no option to disable Not to count the "empty spaces". Fix this and I will give all 5 stars rating.
- от Thom, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5This gives me more information in one (right) click than I had originally thought that I needed, but have since only just begun to appreciate. I just-this-moment discovered the Web Version, accessible via the right-click popup: Wow, I am sure that I can put THIS to good use! Thank you.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13085399, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Yes, it is designed by someone who hasn't acquired any fresh designing skills since the 1990s, and yes it is clunky but it does the job and I haven't found an alternative add-on that works better. I'm happy. Ok, it doesn't work with Bahasa, Lahasa or Mahasa but it works perfectly well with English. So, where exactly is the problem?
- от phubert, 3 года назадОценено на 3 из 5This would be a GREAT add-on if it was available for Thunderbird! And Thunderbird needs to be competitive with Outlook when it comes to COMPOSITION. A link with LibreOffice might be wise, that way, WRITING tools could be available from a source where they are most logically developed!
- от oliverdragon, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5I am using Firefox 47.0 with Classic Theme Restorer, and I am using an add-on called TabCounter and it's eight years old, and it still displays text in the Status/Add-on bar.
So, I don't understand why this add-on can't do the same thing when an eight-year-old one can.
I have now uninstalled this broken add-on because it doesn't display in the Status/Add-on bar anymore, and I don't like the right-click menu pop-up.
After this add-on broke, I took their website's code and embedded it into a very simple HTML page, and that is what I use instead of this broken add-on.
- от Пользователь Firefox 12263147, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5Installed the add-on in Firefox 45 and it doesn't seem to do anything. When text is highlighted, no results appear in toolbar, no Word Count is listed in right-click context menu, and Alt-Shift-C does zip.
- от Apollo!, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5In order to make it work you need to run version 2.0.rev281.1. Then it will work in both the context menu and the status bar- which lives in PaleMoon and has been obliterated in Failfox.
The latest version was as if it wasn't there. Run PM and roll this back one version and it will work just fine.
EDIT: It actually is working- too well. It displays in both the context menu and the status bar- and then it remained there until I removed the extension. There was no way to toggle it and even Organize Status Bar could not remove the display.
- от ctsurv553, 5 лет назадОценено на 4 из 5This used to be one of the best add-ons I ever found for Firefox. But sometime in August, the Status Bar display for the word and character count suddenly quit working. I don't know if the problem is due to an update to Firefox, or an update to WCT, but I can no longer get the Word and Character Counters to show up in the either the Menu Bar or the Status Bar. In Firefox's "Customize" menu, I can't even find an icon for Word Count Tools anymore, yet a check of "Tools - Add-ons" shows that it is installed and enabled. Whatever, I can't make the Status Bar display work anymore. Hopefully the author will be able to fix this problem on a future release. I assume this is some kind of compatibility issue with Firefox. I like Firefox, except for it's annoying tendency to come out with updates that "break" some of my favorite add-ons. If this problem gets solved, I'll update this review back to 5 stars, because I really liked WCT, back when it was fully functional.
The good news is, the pop-up dialog box display is still working. To use this, highlight a section of text on the web page, right-click, and look down toward the bottom of the Context Menu for "Word Count Tools Shift+Alt+C". Clicking on this this menu item with either the left or right mouse button brings up a dialog box that displays the statistics of the selected text. You then have to click "Dismiss" or hit the "ESC" key to kill the dialog box when you are done with it. Unfortunately, this dialog box appears to be hard-coded to pop up in the center of the screen; there does not appear to be any way to move it to some other part of the screen or to a second monitor if you have a dual-monitor system (as I do).
I have found that Word Count Tools does not work with one of my other Firefox Add-ons, the Simple Text Editor by "kud" [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/simple-text-editor/]. This is a Firefox Browser add-on, which provides simple plaintext editing. But for some reason, the process of selecting a block of text in this Editor window, then pulling op the Word Count Tolls dialog box, is not fully functional. The dialog box pops up, but the statistics are not displayed. The Character count is "1", all other statistics are "0", no matter how many characters are selected.
Because of the disabling of the Status Bar/Menu Bar display, and the apparent compatibility problem with kud's Simple Text Editor add-on, I am giving WCT 4 stars instead of 5. If these two issues can be corrected, I will upgrade this review to 5 stars.
- от Mateo Hamburg, 5 лет назадОценено на 3 из 5Answering a previous comment, you wrote "From Firefox 40, they do not allow to use the status bar to display information any more." Who's "they"?! And: quite a lot of other add-ons still work in the status bar, displaying information, too. Don't you think you could look into that again? For me, like for other user before, this was a very important feature. Now having to use the right-click context menu is a lot less simple.
Other than that, this is a great add-on! Please, try to look into it again. Thank you!
- от sandrainwpb, 5 лет назадОценено на 3 из 5I'm an online instructor and loved this word count tool. However, as of today (Aug 14), it's no longer showing up in the toolbar. That's the reason for the three stars rather than five.