- Оценено на 4 из 5от lusie, год назадUsing this + mouse = perfection
gJ and gK i feel like are better keybinds to navigate through browsing history tbh, thats exactly what I did with :bind!
Better than Chromium-FF
- Оценено на 4 из 5от taharqa, 2 года назадVery good extension ! Very usefull and complete.
One thing is preventing me from using it right now : I'm using container in firefox, and when issuing a new tab with tridactyl, the new tab created is in another container (not the current container, so not next to the current tab) this is a no go just for this little bug ... Can you fix this ?
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 2 года назадWe already have this feature : ) `:set tabopencontainerware true`. You can still open non-container tabs with `:tabopen -c firefox-default`.
Feel free to file an issue on GitHub if you're still stuck.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от smittie, 3 года назадThis is a really useful and feature rich extension.
Took me a while though to learn that jumping through search results isn't the same as in vim. In my opinion that makes it unnecessarily harder to cultivate a workflow with the extension, when core functions are mapped differently. Other than that it's great.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 года назадYou can set that up if you like - see `:help find` - but it has some tradeoffs (no incsearch, for example).
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Ozan Ogreden, 3 года назадGetting started is mostly a breeze. Thanks a lot!
I was sad to notice a well featured find mode missing. The tip in the Readme about how to unbind the was helpful. Very thoughtful to leave it there, thanks!
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 года назадWe do have the beginnings of a find mode - see `:help find` for more information. It's left unbound by default as it is experimental.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от bool3max, 4 года назадEDIT: The more and more and I use it the more bugs I find. e.g. :tabopen opens 3 blank tabs every time it is used. Extremely annoying.
Lots of really annoying quirks that are not limitations of this addon but of the WebExtension API. Thus we can't really factor them in the review.
Some of them include not being able to use any bindings before a page has fully loaded, not being able to use bindings on about:blank, etc...
One major factor that could definitely be improved upon is performance. There's a noticeable delay when switching tabs and especially when typing commands in the console.
Also the link-follow UI with the giant yellow rectangles is atrocious. Lots of duplicate links, poor visibility. Vim Vixen does much better in that regard.
Other than that the addon is really good and I appreciate all the work that's been put into it. Once the WebExtension API improves I don't doubt that we'll see a lot of improvements in Tridactyl too.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 4 года назадThanks for the review. We're aware and working on most of the issues you've mentioned.
> [... T]he link-follow UI with the giant yellow rectangles is atrocious. Lots of duplicate links, poor visibility. Vim Vixen does much better in that regard.
Please could you file an issue detailing the page(s) where you see duplicate links, or they have poor visibility? We've tried quite hard to remove duplicates from hints. Our issues page is here: https://github.com/tridactyl/tridactyl/issues
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14961690, 4 года назадits not as good as pentadactyl, however that one recently stopped working on pale moon (patch is there but i cant download it yet). but it does the job mostly.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Rohit Goswami, 5 лет назадThis is the best replacement for pentadactyl at the moment. I wish it supported a visual mode for highlighting and copying things...Hi, thanks for the review. We don't have a visual mode (yet) but there is a "copy paragraph" hint mode bound to ;p. Hope that helps.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14084081, 5 лет назадThis has been a great replacement for vimperator for me. The only feature I miss right now is local marks.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14048265, 5 лет назадI've been a long time pentadactyl user and like other reviewers here have been evaluating a few alternatives to replace it . So far it seems like tridactyl is the only current one that approaches and has the best potential in trying to provide a pentadactyl/vimperator experience.
Being used to the maturity of pentadactyl, using tridactyl does leave me feeling a bit disabled
- tridactyl sometimes stop working on some pages and I have to switch tabs and back to get it working again
- mapping like 'gh/GH' appear to be documented but do not seem to work.
- things feel slower, e.g. my muscle memory from pentadactyl has a T + Enter to open a newtab but in tridactyl opening the commandline takes about half a second - making a few things no-ops and I have to attempt again albeit slower. :)
- tab-completion at the command line is missing. I hope this gets added.
- searching still uses the firefox native search interface (i.e. `ctrl-f`) but a feature to support this appears to be under development.
- some keybindings are different from pentadactyl - e.g. `yy` as opposed to `y` to yank the url - arguably tridactyl is doing the right thing but it does mean some investment in unlearning/remapping things.
tridactyl is still young but has an active community/code-base and I'm sure most of my pains will go away in time. So far it looks like this is the contender I will stick with.Hi, thanks for such a detailed review.
> mapping like 'gh/GH' appear to be documented but do not seem to work
I've just added documentation in the betas to explain this better: you need to first set some homepages via `set home url1 url2 url3`. We don't get access to the Firefox ones.
> things feel slower, e.g. my muscle memory from pentadactyl has a T + Enter to open a newtab but in tridactyl opening the commandline takes about half a second - making a few things no-ops and I have to attempt again albeit slower. :)
At least some of that is our fault, and we're looking into it, albeit slowly :)
> tridactyl sometimes stop working on some pages and I have to switch tabs and back to get it working again
That's usually because focus has gone into an iframe, which are pretty fenced off. There's not much we can do about it :(
> tab-completion at the command line is missing. I hope this gets added.
> searching still uses the firefox native search interface (i.e. `ctrl-f`) but a feature to support this appears to be under development.
These are all in progress. `js` is in the beta branch but is a bit janky.
If you need any help, don't hesitate to come into the Matrix channel or IRC advertised on the new tab page and the help page.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от gianni, 5 лет назадFantastic addon, very good work.
Sometimes, when on gmail, I get this error:
"# Error: # Tridactyl's native messenger doesn't support your operating system, yet."That's weird. Would you mind opening an issue about it on GitHub so that we can investigate it further? Thanks.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14013504, 5 лет назадI was using one of the post WebExtension vim addons before I heard of this one. Very impressed!
Best Firefox vim addon at the moment, keep up the great work developers!
4 stars because this is just a work in progress, but has the most potential of any.
I would really like to open links in container tabs, but this could be an API limitation.I'm actually reviewing a PR that supports container tabs right now: https://github.com/cmcaine/tridactyl/pull/499. It will take a short while before it reaches a stable release, though, as it requires yet more permissions. If you use a beta version of Tridactyl from https://tridactyl.cmcaine.co.uk/betas you'll get it quicker :)
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Ashwin Vishnu, 5 лет назадGreat extension! One star less because it requires a lot of permissions.Are there any that you particularly dislike? Feel free to file an issue here: https://github.com/cmcaine/tridactyl/issues. All of the permissions we ask for are because we need them for features, as we try to explain in the add-on description.
It would be nice if we could just ask for permission when the features are first used, but unfortunately most of the permissions we need are not supported by permission requests at runtime - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Request_the_right_permissions#Request_permissions_at_runtime.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Palpatine, 5 лет назадBest vimperator on webextension for now. Too bad webextension is so restrictive. I always preferred firefox over chrome because chrome had such restrictive plugin api, and vimperator/pendactyl on firefox was so much nicer. Then google products got bloated and could only be run with chrome js engine with any speed. Now that firefox is catching up on the js engine front the plugin api regressed to chrome level. unbelievable! I hope things can be improved eventually. Also please allow tridactyl a configuration file. If not local file at least do gist or something!
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12411271, 5 лет назадI like this extension and most I find most of the things I need. Some things I am still missing like searching through bookmarks, but overall, I am having a good experience.I'm glad you like it.
You can search through your bookmarks with :bmarks, like :buffer.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13746567, 5 лет назадVery cool, I only miss more customization options.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 5635492, 5 лет назадThis is the best replacement for vimperator on firefox quantum, thank you for this great extension.
But I'm wondering how can I review all of my settings like editing vimperatorrc or vimrc?
For instance, after several search keywords set with `searchsetkeyword`, I'd like to have access to a list of all these keywords, and also quickmarks.
I don't know if this function is already included or not since I haven't find instructions in documents.
Thank you again for tridactyl.Hi, we finally added this as of version 1.9: just type :viewconfig :)
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13569153, 6 лет назадThis extension shows a lot of promise, and is currently the best webextension-based vim extension there is (of which I've used vimium, vim-vixen, and saka-key). I really like how easy it is rebind keys and use a "command mode" just like real vim. The developers of this extension update and improve things on a regular basis. There are some problems however:
- inability to change or disable the ugly new-tab page
- hint mode misses a few links on some websites
- ability to disable the extension on some websites (ignore mode is only temporary)
- ability to change the search engine when using the "open" command
- vim-like searching using /, ?, and n/N
- (probably an issue with webextensions) won't work on about: pages and addon pages
Even with the above issues, this extension is still very good and stable. I wish the developers luck in working around the limitations of webextensions API.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 6 лет назадThanks for your kind words and feedback!
A couple of your issues have already been resolved at least partially:
You can change the default search engine with `set searchengine [keyword]` and add new search keywords with `searchsetkeyword [keyword] [url]`.
You can change the newtab page (at least, the one navigated to with `*open`) with `set newtab [url]`.
This does expose another issue, though: our documentation isn't very good yet.