- от Пользователь Firefox 13880448, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Seems to work fine..and most importantly also seems to successfully import "Session Manager" extension session files
In my installation it saves and restores tabs in their original order, no problems there.
I have 3 Questions:
1) Where are the TSM session files saved? (their folder location)
...the "storage.js" file in the extension's folder does not include any relevant information.
2) Will "Session Manager" session file compatibility be maintained in the future?
3) Can the TSM session be converted to "Session Manager" files?
I just recently spent a week trying to salvage my sessions (several hunded tabs a piece) from another extension in FF Quantum, which were lost after a crash following an extension update.
Recently I saw a similar issue happen with TSM...
..I am terrified of this happening again because my work (researcher) depends on keeping and organizing sessions of saved tabs...
so I will be maintaining both a Quantum and a Gecko installation with SM installed, just in case...
I need a sort of "insurance policy" to maintain "mental health" and prevent professional disasters...
...of course one thing I can do is use my Cyberfox/Waterfox installation to restore a TSM session and then re-save it in Session Manager...
Since you have obviously considered the issue of SM compatibility, if there is any info you can share on this, I would be grateful
- от Пользователь Firefox 13790188, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Great extension, it works like it should.
Only one complain. Every time I start Firefox, the settings tab of the Tab Session Manager is opened.
Please fix this.
- от AndrewMWebster, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Firstly, thank you for going to the effort of making this add-on.
I have just one request, and here it is as a User Story:
As a Firefox user,
I need to have new sessions that are opened by clicking a link *outside* Firefox restore tabs as expected AND add the tab just opened by click the link,
so that the page I wish to see by licking that link is now open, and I don't have to waste time going back and clicking the link a second time.
GIven Firefox is closed,
when I click on a link in, say, Outlook,
then Firefox opens,
and tabs are restored automatically according to how I've set up TSM,
and the new tab is added and has the focus.
I'm sure you're sick of comparisons to the old Session Manager, but this describes its normal behavior.
Good luck, I hope you can manage to add this feature. It'll be much appreciated.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13701447, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Thx for the Add On. It helps much!
There is but an important Problem. After the restart of the computer, the Tabs can not be opened. =(
If you looking forward to update your software, please put this to your priority list.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13672878, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Your extension has a problem when restoring sessions since the restored Tabs are not kept in the same position and order as they where before on the Tab Bar but they are all scrambled to new positions creating a chaos of missaligned Tabs. This flaw needs to be fixed asap.
- от Evgeni, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Спасибо за дополнение, оно очень помогает! Но очень хотелось бы одну, очень важную, функцию добавить. Многие вкладки в сессии имеют несколько страниц в глубину, но после восстановления сессии остаются только те, что были на самом верху. Сделайте, пожалуйста, так, чтобы сохранялись в сессии не просто открытые вкладки, но и глубина (история) вкладок. Тогда полноценные пять звёзд вашему приложению будут обеспечены. Заранее спасибо! С Новым Годом!!!
Thanks for the addition, it really helps! But I would very much like to add one very important function. Many tabs in the session have several pages in depth, but after the session is recovered, only those that were at the top remain. Please make sure that not only open tabs are saved in the session, but also the depth (history) of the tabs. Then a full five stars to your application will be provided. Thank you in advance! Happy New Year!!!
- от yarrmateys, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5while normally it does its job, in my case it failed spectacularly when i needed it most. i had a power failure, and upon boot i find all of my tabs are wiped as usual thanks to firefox's abysmal handling of sessions. so i go to tab session manager to restore them, only to find that its extension database (alongside a few other extensions) was also wiped/corrupted, which means no tabs at all.
the extension could use some sort of cloud backup, on google drive or dropbox to store selected (or all) sessions online for quick retrieval in case firefox's unreliable database gets corrupted or wiped.
- от DonMashak, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5My comparison is based on my previous experience with discontinued "Session Manager". First, thank you for filling in the gap... I was spoiled by Session Manager. "Tab Session Manager" works as represented. It allows me to recover exactly my last session... Which is better than nothing... But if you forget to close a pop up, last session it recalls is that pop up alone. Session Manager allowed you to go back 5-10 back ups. It also allowed you to customize Sessions... For example, Personal vs Business vs Personal Finances vs Personal entertainment. Hopefully these feature will be added in future releases. To that end, I am making a contribution.