- Оценено на 2 из 5от Kelue, 2 дня назадA year ago, this tool was just a spell and grammar checker. There was no mention of AI on it's home page.
Now it's decided to revamp itself as an "AI tool".
Which means one of two things:
Either it is, genuinely, more of an "AI tool" now than it used to be, in which case it gets an immediate boot from my browser. If it's been an "AI tool" this whole time, training a large language model off my text, I regret not removing it sooner.
Or, they're trying to pick up on the current marketing craze and slap "AI" on their basic spell check and grammar tool which is less insidious than it is annoying and sad.
Either way, it's been real, but nothing that is or claims to be "AI" is allowed on my browser. Seeya.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13502630, месяц назадMy big problem is the grammar checker. I just want an extensive spell checker. I write in a very personal style, something this grammar checker doesn't understand. Mrs Patterson, my English language teacher way back in the ninth grade drilled decent grammar into her student. I use it as I choose; I'd rather not have this addon nagging all the time. Just check the spelling.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 17969946, 5 месяцев назадWorks well, mayor security problem: allText (including passwords you enter) is sent to a server outside of your control. Deleted immediately.
I find it incredible that this is a recommended app. Does mozilla not care about the privacy of its users?
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 5 месяцев назадIt's simply not true that password fields are transmitted. Only multi-line text fields are transmitted (and you don't type passwords there). Everyone can easily confirm that by using the debugging tools integrated into Firefox.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Korwin, 7 месяцев назадLimited demo of a paid app. The list of languages on the site is limited to "English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Dutch", which may make it appear that spell checking is not available in other languages. You cannot choose "EN-GB" or "EN-US", there is only some kind of "English" with the British flag. So the American language is not supported? Uses a third party sync, not a Mozilla account.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 7 месяцев назадYou can find the list of supported languages at https://dev.languagetool.org/languages. The languages you listed are the languages with extra rules for premium users. EN-US and EN-GB are both supported, using the American or British flag as their icons.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от user, год назадLanguageTool just isn't very good. Get proper lessons, don't be lazy and "smart". Nothing special about addon... False negatives are not rare.
LanguageTool has quite low limits 150,000 characters as of 2023 for anything long.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 17636954, год назадNot really helpful. Has a lot of hard coded grammar rules that do not apply in all circumstances, actually making it more difficult to write with this tool on.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Sync, год назадDésactive l'accès au dictionnaire personnel de Firefox que l'on ne peut plus alimenter, méconnaît les noms propres les plus courants, trouve des erreurs là où il n'y en a pas et n'indique pas où elles se trouveraient. C'est un produit d'appel inutilisable sans passer à la caisse.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от WeirdCon, 2 года назадI swear sometimes it just doesn't help you in some of the ways it used to and just presents the dreaded "advanced error" notification on the bottom right. I switched to LanguageTool to get away from just that but it seems to have creeped in here too. That and some words are just labeled wrong for no reason? I understand I'm on the basic plan but I'd rather not be pestered about what I COULD be fixing.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13347945, 2 года назадKennste das, du sagst einem Addon "Deaktivier dich", und bei der nächsten Aktion ist es wieder Aktiv, ohne dass du danach gefragt hast? Nein, ich eigentlich auch nicht ... so nervig, wenn ansich nützliche Addons duch so schwachsinnige Akionen so nervig werden, dass man sogar soweit geht, eine ish Rezension zu schreiben ...Dieses Problem können wir nicht nachvollziehen. Unser Support (E-Mail siehe https://languagetool.org/de/legal) kann aber vielleicht weiterhelfen, wenn wir eine genaue Beschreibung der Schritte bekommen, die zu dem Problem führen.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 17334742, 2 года назадI recently noticed that typing was being delayed. I spent ages trying to work it out. Uninstalles Firefox, reinstalled. Cleared cache. The I uninstalled this app. Not just stopped it running, uninstalled it and typing back to normal. Then I realised, it's not even been spell checking for some time now.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14481257, 2 года назадThe LanguageTool spell checker APIs are great, but I'm disappointed by the addon:
- adds a lot of noise in dev tools: data attributes, lots of opaque event listeners, dozens of CSS variables.
- I don't need constant nudges to upgrade to premium—I'll do it if I'm happy with the default version.
- the source on GitHub is outdated—where can I find the source for the new addon?The add-on has to access the internals of each page to render errors, thus a lot of stuff shows up in the dev tools. The source of the add-on isn't publicly available.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от yankee, 2 года назадKind of a useless addon... it takes you to a website where you can see the errors but it does not clearly show the correct spelling of those words.
It is far quicker just to use another service such as google.Our add-on underlines errors in the textarea where you type. It works on almost any website, but not on addons.mozilla.org because Firefox has turned off all add-ons here.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Delboy666, 2 года назадThis used to work brilliantly. However, it now only highlights grammar and spelling mistakes as clicking on suggestions no longer replaces the misspelled word or corrects the grammar.
I have removed and re-installed twice to try and fix this fault to no avail.
It is now of minimal use.Sorry you're having issues, but you are the only one reporting this so far. The problem might be with other add-ons installed, you should try to temporarily deactivate them.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 16513937, 3 года назадPour faire un test j'ai écrit une phrase contenant 6 fautes d'orthographe, et le correcteur ne m'en a signalé que 3, pour une note de 50%. Plutôt inutile!
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 года назадPlease post specific examples, it's impossible for us to improve LanguageTool without that. Also, LanguageTool is not optimized to detect errors that people add on purpose - these are typically different from the errors that people actually make.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 15374389, 4 года назадRefuses to work no matter what I do. I have tried Restart Firefox, delete and reinstall the extension, Delete the extension then uninstall Firefox then reinstall Firefox then the extension. Nothing worked.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от miguelk, 4 года назадI don't get it. In basic mode the ad-don does nothing. Right click on selected text opens new tab with misspelled word highlighted. And that's it. The misspelled word never gets replaced...and it shouldn't open a new tab either...as it is, it's useless. Please advise. Thank you...
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 4 года назадThe add-on underlines errors while typing. That works on almost any site, except addons.mozilla.org, Chrome Webstore and Google Docs and very few others. If it doesn't work for you, please contact me at the address given at https://languagetool.org/legal/, specifying the website where it doesn't work. Using the context menu to open a new tab is meant for static texts, not for texts you have written into a text area.
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 15007240, 5 лет назадAbsolutely fantastic piece of software, except for when it stops working entirely to push you an incredibly unsubtle ad for their premium service.The basic (non-premium) checks always work, we're not aware of a single case where the premium ad made the basic checks stop. Please post details on how to reproduce to either https://forum.languagetool.org/ or contact us directly at https://languagetool.org/legal/
- Оценено на 2 из 5от Mrowa378, 5 лет назадThis addon is good but has some disadvantages burdens the operation of the browser and so websites, :-( while I would like such problems with this extension was not and I hope that over time it will change for the better by making another very large update : - )
- Оценено на 2 из 5от sinekonata, 5 лет назадIt is barely more useful than the default spell checker. What I wanted from this is an auto-detect for auto-switching languages. It hasn't implemented it. It also doesn't show the squiggly lines and is quite buggy.
But above all, it uploads every keystroke to its corporate servers... So... uninstall immediately, how bloated and intrusive is that? No thank you, either take all the code to the client add-on or don't make a spelling add-on at all....The server component is more than 100MB large plus a few GB of data, I wonder how we should put that into the add-on? Also, if you're concerned about privacy, why don't you install the server locally? It's all documented under "Offline use".