For contact information, see https://languagetool.org/legal/
We don't store the text that you submit for style and grammar checking on languagetool.org, with the following exceptions:
* If you explicitly submit feedback, for example about false alarms or undetected errors, we store that feedback.
* If you accept or explicitly ignore corrections or open examples for an error, we log the internal rule id of that error (this is something like "ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE" for word repetition errors).
* If you accept a correction of a spelling error, we log the original word and the correction you selected.
* In case of an internal software error (which is extremely rare), we log the sentence that caused the error so we can reproduce and fix the error.
In any case, we don't store the data with your IP address or any other meta information that would allow us to identify you. Thus it's also not possible to delete your data.
To improve our proofreading service, we keep a log of the following information:
* Date and time, length of submitted text, text language, processing time on server, number of detected errors (but not the actual errors unless you have agreed to that),
* The page on which you submitted the request (referrer, e.g. languagetool.org),
* Internal errors that occur (e.g. the browser add-on not being able to access the text to be checked),
* Only transferred when you uninstall the browser add-on: the number of times you used the add-on and the URL of the page where the add-on was last used
* Only transferred when you have an account on languagetoolplus.com and when you're logged in with that account in the add-on: the add-on regularly (about once a day) contacts our servers to let us know that you're an active user. This includes your browser (Firefox/Chrome/...) and your email address (which we already know because you already have an account on our system), but not any text you have written.
None of this information can be used to identify you.
In our web server log files, your IP address is stored in an abbreviated form (like 192.168.xxx.xxx) so it cannot be used to identify you. Error messages like for exceeding the query limit are stored with the full IP for up to 48 hours so we can prevent misuse of the service.
You have the right, upon request and free of charge, to receive information about your personal data we store.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you have the right to complain to a regulatory agency.
Our extension uses Piwik/Matomo, a web analysis service. Piwik uses so-called "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer that enable us to analyze the use of the extension. For this purpose, the usage information generated by the cookie (including your abbreviated IP address) is transmitted to our server and stored for usage analysis purposes, which serves to optimise the expansion on our part. During this process, your IP address is immediately anonymised so that you as a user remain anonymous to us.