- от BardofBabble, 3 года назадОценено на 2 из 5I used to tell everyone I knew to use FVD Speed Dial many years ago. FVD Speed Dial became an essential feature of my experience online. At different points I considered it rather indispensable. This add-on also became, for me, an example of an add-on that has consistently had functionality issues and could be downright frustrating to work out - all the more so because I depended on it and tried my best to look past its problems.
Even if you put aside the Nimbus's questionable policies, the plain reality is that it has become far too inconsistent to count on. FVD Speed Dial hasn't received regular maintenance or updates and, frankly, it shows. Sometimes, I would have a fine, working experience with the dials and sometimes I would experience the FVD Speed Dial poltergeist, despite having every setting in accordance with the add-on's requirements. Dials would be opened again and again, cycling through one after the next; The extension would load over my home page even though it was directed to open in a new tab only. the extension would cycle through my dials and keep loading them over and over again regardless of having all of my settings follow FVD Speed Dial's requirements. Was there something nefarious behind it? Did speed dial benefit from specifically opening certain pages in some way? Or was this more of a sign of how long in the tooth the add-on had become. My guess is it was just poorly updated to function with Firefox as it continues to innovate. Needless to say, a week ago I found an exceptional replacement with much better transparency, greater ease of use and functionality and the community's interests at heart and it was very easy to migrate the dials from FVD to what may become my new permanent go to. As I look around, there are a great number of dials emerging to meet user needs.
One parting word of caution: make sure you have your dials backed up locally. I'm really glad I had local back ups because when I logged in to try to download my dials from the parent website, I was told that that was a service available to pro users only at a pretty unreasonable cost of $4.99 a month. I knew Nimbus charged for a pro plan. I didn't know that all of the sudden the data would be held hostage for a price. Out of curiosity, I tried deleting enough dials to get it to just 150 dials and I still wasn't able to download them.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13974189, 3 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Считаю это дополнение лучшим для визуальных закладок. Наиболее функциональное и красивое. Однако глючное и тяжёлое. Из-за него очень долго (несколько минут) запускается браузер. Часть функций не работает, например, отображение закладок в виде списка. При смене версии все закладки удалились, а в резервной копии, как оказалось, не сохраняются картинки сайтов - многое пришлось переделывать руками. И, в конечном счёте, всё равно от него отказался.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13670919, 3 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Thanks for requesting the "REVIEW" (and NOT a recommendation). I LOVE [FVD] and have DOWNLOADED IT Soooooo many time - I COULDN'T TELL YOU how many. WHY??? You might ask! I can't wait to tell you... Every (appx) 6 - 8 times I click on the Firefox Browser to OPEN... I discover to my dismay "IT's GONE!". YES! GONE! it has been DISABLED and/or UNINSTALLED. I did NOT (neither) Disable NOT Uninstall. [The DAMN thing is GONE!] Thank god, I have made a NOTE PAD back-up of ALL the WEBSITES I have LOADED. [BTW! I haven't been able to figure out how to MAKE A BACKUP with the FVD Backup] THEN... NOW I start all over and OPEN TO ALL THE DAMN Twitter, facebook, etc. (shit) & DELETE them and re-load the "tiles" I want to keep. Sounds complicated AND it is! [Also, I discovered [FVD] for chrome.... NOT a bit of trouble OR lost TILES... I continually experience with FIREFOX] Any suggestionS? of HELP??? Please send to LuckyFVD@ezBizPros.com Thanks again for [FVD].. it's the best.
- от Hovo, 3 года назадОценено на 2 из 5it is very cool add-on I love it very much, but it starts to slow down my Firefox horribly, every time I open Firefox it seems loading and loading, after removing the add-on Firefox is alive.
- от Пользователь Firefox 12826272, 3 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Use speeddial version 63.4.5 with firefox quantum version 59.0.2.
The application automatically opens the stored pages in the taskbar.
I changed several profiles of firefox but the problem remains the same. I eliminate the problem when I disable the application. Please solve.
- от Auntie, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5This will be the fourth time i have reinstalled the speed dial add-on, as each time Mozilla updates, (which seems to be weekly) I lose the links to sites i have saved, and have to begin again to put them into Speed Dial. From the forum i see others have the same complaint, so is there something you can do about this?
- от numInt, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5I've been used to this add-on but now this is saying that below:
1. This message from FVD Speed Dial team
2. You've selected "Never Remember History" option. You need to add FVD Speed Dial to the exceptions otherwise it won't work.
I changed the option to "Remember History" and Restarted the firefox, but the FVD still displays the modal dialog describing that "You've selected 'Never Remember History' option. ". And the firefox has no option that can add-ons as an exception. I like this add-on's concept but the option that for adapting to new firefox doesn't work. I will wait for the fixing this issue during almost one week.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13691993, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Too complicated, too flashy. We want to use this and be able to forget about it once installed. No moving background, flashy background is needed.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13825886, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Pros:
Graphically this add-on is fantastic, options are numerous and whole user experience is great.
- added shortcuts can't be moved to another position in the screen (no drag-n-drop),
- 2nd day after installation I had to go through a security procedure from Google regarding strange traffic from my IP address,
- at least twice a day Firefox would cause complete dark screen on monitor and after few seconds would refresh display and Firefox.
Installed, used, discarded
- от Пользователь Firefox 13762756, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5Sadly I'm unimpressed; the user interface to create and manage bookmarks is clumsy and intrusive, and the speed dials themselves cannot be grouped on the screen, but the groups are set as tabs, making the overall effect like a poor cross between a bookmarks toolbar and a speed dial. Regrettably I've decided to uninstall and revert to toolbars.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13742923, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5I would give you 5/5 stars, but your extension overrides my default firefox start page, the so called "about:home" & this angers the hell out of me. I can't even find a way to prevent this.