- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 11640498, 6 лет назадThe "content" option should be blocked by default!
If an user found that it breaks websites, then he might have the option to unblock "content".
It is a shame to force all users to behave as soft-users. You are downgrading users to the same low level.
Also, if you don't block "content" by default, then why do you count "content" as blocked?
It should not appear at the counter in the icon.
It is a shame (if not a scum) to do that.
And worst, if an user blocks "content", why the add-on doesn't remember/respect user' choice after browser restarting?
Why users must block same "content" at every session?
... just crazy!... so mediocre!
And you are hearing from us users, the same complains every year... and nothing, zero changes, zero improvements.
You deserve zero stars due to your blindness along so many years.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13666733, 6 лет назадThe license for this add-on is falsely stated here as GNU GPL 3.0. This add-on in fact also includes two proprietary (non-free, not open source) third-party software products, as stated on the add-on's github page (https://github.com/disconnectme/disconnect). Claiming that the add-on is free software and licensed exclusively under GNU GPL 3.0 is highly deceptive, dishonest and inaccurate. Please rectify this and include the licenses of all software parts of the add-on on its official Mozilla Firefox add-ons page.
I've now reported this issue to the authors, to firstname.lastname@example.org, via the form on its AMO page and on Mozilla's forum (https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/information-about-add-on-stated-incorrectly-by-authors-on-amo/23377). All with no effect, the mistake remains. Apparently any add-on developer can just claim anything they want about their add-on, there is no control. It's good to be aware that addons.mozilla.org can't be trusted and doesn't really care to provide accurate information about add-ons.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от David Vanderschel, 6 лет назадWith Firefox Version 57 (the new Quantum), I no longer have an icon on my toolbar which allows me to control it (e.g., whitelist). I removed Disconnect, NoScript, and AdBlockPlus, restarted Firefox, and then installed Disconnect again. It does show to be installed; but no joy! No icon.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13547071, 6 лет назадThis program was installed without my permission. I'm generally pretty careful about looking for all of the click boxes and check the terms before installing a program - though I do give the terms a quick scan. Generally, anything that sneaks its way onto your computer should be treated with great suspicion.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Sighn, 6 лет назадSame problem as the user levdr. I now have a green jigsaw icon instead of the black D. Pressing it does nothing. Using firefox v57.0. Been an incredible extension until now.
I've given up using this extension. I don't have the proper icon, stats or anything anymore. All started since the change from legacy.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Rick, 6 лет назадi remember back in the day i used to use this add-on, this was before uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger. But this add-on doesn't play well with those add-ons installed as well. it clashes with one or both of them and the drop down menu looks weird. Also the settings still don't save on the newest version. i'm probably gonna get an automated type of copy and paste response, "Our users have had issues with this and we are looking into it", which i've been seeing for the longest, probably the past year now, on both addons.mozilla.org and their Facebook page. They just paste the same replies over and over again. it's like they don't have the knowledge to fix the problems, and i don't know this factors into it if at all - https://blog.disconnect.me/no-longer-a-b-corp/
Then this extension uses Dom Storage. Why?
Also, on another topic, why when Google blocked Google Search from https://search.disconnect.me/ about a year and a half ago and you replied on your Facebook page that you guys were looking into it and would fix it. Not only has it not been restored but you guys have been silent.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от levdr, 6 лет назадI've been using Disconnect in Firefox for years on my Mac. It was brilliant. Today I finally went to Firefox Quantum, reinstalled Disconnect but it doesn't work any more. There's just a green Jigsaw icon that doesn't do anything.
I reported this problem with FF Quantum a year or so ago and it seems the problem has not been fixed. What a pity. Removed the add-on. As it doesn't work any longer my 5 star rating goes to 1. I'm so sorry.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 6 лет назадThank you for taking the time to share what you're seeing with our extension as that is definitely not normal. We have had reports of some users encountering issues with the extension, and we've been digging into this issue to get to the bottom of what is going on for these users.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от glnz2, 6 лет назадAll I get is the puzzle piece.
dom.storage.enabled is True.
dom.storagemanager.enabled is false.
I will NOT allow cookies as my default position on CookieMonster - no way.
I even tried UNinstalling AdBlockPlus before installing Disconnect but does not help.
I have left Disconnect UNinstalled for now.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 6 лет назадThank you for letting us know what you're seeing. We have had reports of some odd issues with the extension not displaying properly, and our team is digging into what could be causing this trouble for the users who see it so we can make sure everyone is able to use our extension.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от username, 7 лет назадIt stoped working months ago. Even after several Firefox updates it still does not work. Tried on Win 7 an Win 10. Several install/uninstall plug in attempts, several reboots, so I guess the thing just does not work. For what I read, it is pretty common, not just "scattered" cases.
Just a green jigsaw piece that does not do anything.We appreciate you letting us know what you're seeing, and our developers are digging into the reports of this that we've had from users. It is taking much longer than we would like to find a solution, but we are continuing to work on this.
- We're sorry to see you didn't enjoy our extension. If you ever get the chance, please write in to our support team at email@example.com with your experience. We'd love to learn more so we can help address the issues you saw.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12924301, 7 лет назадIt was working very well until the latest update. Now, it annoyingly sits on the toolbar with a long 'View and manage requests' label; the site preferences have to be reset every time I start the firefox and the site speeds are low, defeating the original intent of this add-on. Please roll back whatever update you did recently.That is certainly not normal behavior for the extension. If you have the opportunity, please email our support team with a screenshot of the "View and manage requests" label that you are seeing as this is the first we've heard of that. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org