- от Boom, 2 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5This is a gem indeed! After Firegestures stopped working, I thought I won't have an easy "search with" popup solution in FF ever again. But this extension did it, and added way more to it! Customization options are very powerful. Different ways of opening the menu with mouse and keyboard shortcuts effectively made it a perfect replacement for the long lost Firegestures "search selection with" option. Thank you Mike!
- от Пользователь Firefox 12563944, 7 месяцев назадОценено на 3 из 5Расширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :(
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 7 месяцев назад"The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?
- от Пользователь Firefox 16274658, 9 месяцев назадОценено на 4 из 5Why is it disabled on addons.mozilla.org? Description of the Addon says it works on *ALL* websites.
Also, in my case, I had to restart Firefox before the Addon became active. To clarify, it did install fine, and I could configure the settings, but the quick menu wouldn't popup before I restarted.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 9 месяцев назадAll content scripts are disabled by Mozilla on several mozilla.org domains, including this one ( addons.mozilla.org ). It's not just this add-on. Any add-on with features that rely on injecting code will not work here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts
- от OM_RA, 10 месяцев назадОценено на 5 из 5Very useful. But, the search by the sidebar does not work.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 10 месяцев назадThere may be some confusion due to this addon using the phrase "Sidebar" in reference to a floating iframe menu, included before Firefox added their own Sidebar feature which opens a window pane to the left or right of the browser window.
This addon can send search results to the Firefox sidebar, but cannot actually OPEN the sidebar. Normally, you'd receive a little message in the top-right browser window notifying you to open the FF sidebar if a search was performed using the option to open in the sidebar and the sidebar was not already open. If you're not getting the expected results, open a new issue at ( https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/issues ) or just edit your responses here and check back once in a while.
- от Leonid, год назадОценено на 5 из 5Version 1.26.1 works great. The last three updates (1.27.1, 1.27.2 and 1.27.3) do not work on some search engines, in particular on Yandex, Dogpile and some others - just a blank page opens.
Therefore, I remain on the old version.
Unfortunately, I don't have an account on GitHub and I'm not an experienced user, but I can add here: I found that all search engines on version 1.27.4 work fine in the Quick Menu, but Yandex, Bing, Startpage and Dogpile do not work in the Context menu.
Yes, everything is exactly as You said - I have an orange FF marker on those search engines with which there are problems.(edit3 - 10-19-2020) Were you searching a folder or a single engine when you observed the problem last? I've uploaded v1.27.5 which fixed the same problem v1.27.4 did, but when searching a folder as well.
(edit 2) Thanks for the reply. I thought the bug fixed in 1.27.4 would take care of your issue, but there must be another bug. I've tried all the engines you mentioned, but I'm getting good search results using the context menu now. Could you open ContextSearch options -> Search Engines and tell me if you see an orange (FF) next to those engines you're having issues with? If not, could you edit one of them and paste the template / method / etc info? It could help narrow down the problem.
(edit) Nevermind, version 1.27.4 going up. Context menu was not working with Firefox engines
Would you mind opening a ticket at the support site or editing your reply here? Some users seem to be experiencing problems with the latest builds and I could use some input on what exactly is going wrong. I tried adding Yandex to my install and had no problems, and troubleshooting is difficult when I can't replicate the bug.
- от Afzal, год назадОценено на 1 из 5Constantly breaks and stops working.
Most recent bug (browser restart fixed for now): highlight text, pick search engine from menu (added as normal browser search plugins), and opens New Tab, which is blank. Happened with all search plugins. Started happening mid-way through brosing session.
I had another similar bug earlier (2-3 months ago), but only happened on Google Maps plugin, all others worked. A broswer restart didn't fix it either, but everything went back to normal after some weeks. I cannot remember if I got the same empty New Tab page.(edit 10-19-2020) There was a series of bugs in 1.27+ that caused non-imported Firefox engines ( those in the Firefox search bar ) to not work in the context menu or when searching folders from the quick menu, instead opening blank tabs. That should be fixed for the most part. I'm waiting on confirmation from other users, but my results are good. If you're still having issues after updating to v1.27.5, let me know.
I'm usually pretty quick to fix a bug if I know about it. If you can give me specific behavior that's causing issues, I'll look into it.
- от nitestocker372, год назадОценено на 3 из 5I really like this add-on for Firefox, but I found out it makes my surfing lag and locks up some pages even when I'm not using it so I have to disable it from time to time.
- от hg42, год назадОценено на 5 из 5(not sure where my old review has gone...)
Definitely one of my top extensions. Adds a lot of efficiency to searching. Unfolds it's real potential, if you use a lot of search engines for more specific searches. Very nice and competent developer, he always had an open ear for useful suggestions. Keep in mind: Mozilla is blocking several possibilities for such an extension, so there may be some quirks. Being a developer myself, I can assure you, the developer does his best to circumvent such problems.
- от Пользователь Firefox 12323397, год назадОценено на 3 из 5When this add-on is enabled, Speedometer 2.0 score will drop significantly
What's going on?(edit)
I took another look at how Speedometer 2.0 works and why the slowdown. It's not actually a content script loading issue. The page simulates a ton of click events. Every click event triggers a very light "menu close" event and method. When the addon gets flooded with hundreds of simulated click events per second, it bogs down the page. It's nothing you'd experience in a real-world situation. The Speedometer rating flat-out misleading.
This addon injects content scripts into iframes to maintain most if not all function when searching text inside iframes.
When testing using Speedometer 2.0, content scripts are being loaded into the iframe every refresh. If that iframe refreshes 480 times, or whatever the actual count is, it adds up.
For reference, I ran tests while injecting this addon's code into the iframe, or not -
with iframe injection: 29.41 runs/min
without iframe injection: 63.66 runs/min
- от tomncar , 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Probably Top on my list of addons :o) Just love how you can just right click on any Site with a search box and add it to your list of search engines.
Hate that Google default is US ! Nothing against the US but by default a lot of the results are completely irrelevant to me .
Just so pleased . Thankyou