- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13681637, 5 лет назадHello,
was used to this addon and liked the possibility to have one red tab as optical separator.
Do you think it will be possible in Quantum?
Like have different colors for tabs but without background of URL? Just the Tab area?
And have to chance to change the color of the tab?
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Pumpkin Gal, 5 лет назадKUDOS & THANKS - MANY to Shivanand for trying SO HARD, CONTINUOUSLY, to get his wonderful FAVORITE add-on COLORFUL TABS up & working with the major Firefox 57 overhaul. I've stayed with Firefox (so far) because I believe they are focused on security issues, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt - but beware & be warned Firefox/Mozilla, as my patience is growing VERY THIN with this new FF 57 ordeal (& I don't think I am alone in feeling this way). I don't trust Windows anymore - poor security & all that with IE, as I used to be Windows until 2010 - & I'm not ready to move to Chrome or anything else. WHY am I saying all this here? Because so far I still HATE the new Firefox 57!! Colorful Tabs deserves EVEN MORE KUDOS for being one of the first so called "Legacy" add-ons to actually diligently KEEP TRYING to get up & running again, as soon as possible, with this completely different format Firefox seems to think they "need". I just want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT & THANKS to Shivanand, for his hard work & perseverance! Also for the mere fact that HE IS TRYING - HE DIDN'T QUIT. NO, Colorful Tabs isn't working like it used to . . . I think fans would all agree that we'd like it the OLD WAY, with each tab (only) a different, beautiful, interesting color. BUT the only way he can get it to work NOW, RIGHT NOW, is with this whole bar thing, beyond just the tab, being colored. ANOTHER PROBLEM, at least for me, is that I have always loved also & used very happily PERSONAS - which is NOW all messed up with Firefox 57, in that you have to CHOOSE between either enjoying Colorful Tabs OR Personas - they are NOT, so far, compatible in this new FF 57 ABOMINATION. So, I am switching between the two. Since it's been the Christmas season, I've been disabling Colorful Tabs (HOW SAD is THAT?!!) in order to enjoy the (now MUCH SMALLER) Personas decorations, SINCE WE CAN'T HAVE BOTH TOGETHER RIGHT NOW IN FF 57, like "Back in the GOOD OLD DAYS". MEANWHILE, AGAIN, BRAVO TO SHIVANAND & HIS COLORFUL TABS, FOR TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THIS HORRIBLE FF 57!!! People, those of you who are COMPLAINING & ANGRY about how Colorful Tabs is right now different from the past - PLEASE, DIRECT THAT ANGER & FRUSTRATION APPROPRIATELY, WHERE IT IS DESERVED, AT MOZILLA & FIREFOX; NOT AT THIS HARDWORKING, INTELLIGENT & CARING DEVELOPER!! I cannot even believe how many new reviews are GRIPPING & COMPLAINING about Colorful Tabs not being "right", as if this is the developer's fault - IT'S NOT HIS FAULT! Do you all not realize just how many developers have ABANDONED THEIR ADD-ONS, BECAUSE OF FF 57??? I have a very LONG list of (now termed "Legacy") add-ons that I REALLY LIKED A LOT & which are NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with FF 57! It is apparently UNWISE to run an older pre-57 version of Firefox, as it could be unstable & MUCH WORSE, subject to SECURITY ISSUES. So, PLEASE, let's all still give Colorful Tabs FIVE STARS, because HE DESERVES IT! He is working constantly, UPDATING every so often as this new Firefox 57 evolves - FF 57 itself is STILL EVOLVING & has MANY BUGS & PROBLEMS, so this is ALL A WORK IN PROGRESS!! REWARD this developer WHO IS TRYING, CONSTANTLY, to get this VERY POPULAR & MUCH LOVED add-on back to the best it can possibly be!!! He's PRESENT, HE'S TRYING, HE'S ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES to comply with this STUPID crazy new FF 57 - SO GIVE HIM THE CREDIT HE DESERVES for just not giving up & ABANDONING this add-on, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE. AND, by the way, I AM NOT IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED with Colorful Tabs or Shivanand Sharma, OR with ANY of his other add-ons. I've never met the man or spoken to him, nor have I ever corresponded with him by email. I'm NOT being compensated for this review & my opinion here is FROM MY HEART & 100% TRUTHFUL - NOT A "FAKE REVIEW"!!! Last of all, let me REFER YOU to another well written review, about 12 days ago from a reviewer called "worseldine" - it is a LONG review, so you can't miss it & it's about the 16th review down right now. This person HAS IT RIGHT; PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ALSO - those of you complaining & faulting this developer, Shivanand, who CARES ENOUGH TO KEEP ON TRYING! I can't believe this - I just read one VERY IGNORANT person's review who stated - about Colorful Tabs - "There should be a special ZERO star review for this one." CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW UNFAIR & UNINFORMED THIS IS? No, there should be a ZERO STAR for Firefox 57 & for ignorant reviewers who DO NOT understand how add-ons work & who are criticizing & faulting EXCELLENT ADD-ON DEVELOPERS who have NOT given up on Firefox 57 & who are constantly TRYING to become compatible with the new "non-Legacy" format & are doing their best to comply! MANY DEVELOPERS HAVE WALKED AWAY - DON'T FALSELY BLAME THOSE WHO ARE STICKING WITH IT & TRYING THEIR BEST TO GET THE ADD-ONS WE LOVE WORKING AGAIN, IN THIS COMPLETELY NEW FORMAT! The EASY thing to do, is to give up & abandon your add-ons! The HARD, DIFFICULT thing to do is to stay in the game & to TRY to get your add-ons working properly again in this "new" (not improved, in my opinion) Firefox 57 format! SO GIVE COLORFUL TABS THE 5 STARS IT DESERVES! He got it up & working almost right away & has updated it many times already since then!!! BE HONEST IN YOUR REVIEWS!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13451247, 5 лет назадI decided not to update FF to 57 simply to keep this extension working on my PC - it just simplifies my online life!
I'll wait to update till there's a full-functioning upgrade of Colorful Tabs.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Redray, 5 лет назадUsed this add-on for years and was disappointed to see that - as with others that I like to use - the add-on ceased to function correctly following the recent FF update. At least the developer is interested and by all accounts is sorting out what needs to be done to get it working correctly.
Its not a disaster - FF still works and there is a solution coming and what's more IT'S FREE - (unless like some of us you choose to contribute a few $).
To those who have berated the developer I say - cut him some slack - give him time and thank him when he has produced a solution!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13571424, 5 лет назадThe bad reviews here are idiotic and the people who post them are idiots. The developer is trying to get the extension to work with FF 57 - and eventually it'll happen but give the guy some time.
You people who are whinging about how "it doesn't work any more" clearly haven't read why or are too stupid to understand.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13547693, 5 лет назадAny Idea WHEN you will have it working as it did before?
Without colourfultabs microsoft edge is 1000000000 times better than firefox 57
Until the FF 57 is a no starter
Personally I HATE FF57, it appears to be a slow clunky copy of Microsoft edge version one
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Sam, 5 лет назадI love it, because it is not only more beautiful to look at a colorful screen, but because it makes me find my tab extra easily.
When you PIN your tabs, they lose the original colors you used, but they are still colorful. the non-pinned tabs, show the colors only after you click on them.
However, I believe that this is due to the latest upgrade (Or not so upgrade - because I haven't examined it yet), and not by fault of the designer, whom I think will overcome this issue sooner than we think.
THANKS BIG TIME
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13373362, 5 лет назадI've just signed up to rate this addon to tell that before Firefox 57, it was the best out there to color tabs.
Yes, sadly it doesn't work with 57 yet, but hopefully it will.
Thanks a lot for creating this addon!
PS: Maybe deactivate the compatibility of the plugin when checking it to prevent people trying it with FF57? A lot of other Add-Ons have "not compatible with FF57".
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Zaxxon, 5 лет назадВот теперь, с добавлением насыщенности (saturation) и лёгкости (lightness) цветов стало почти идеально.
Ставлю 5 звёзд после того, как установил sat. и light.на 90%. Цвета перестали резать глаза и в то же время остались отчётливыми и заметными. Жаль, что вместе с ними и панель окрашивается. Не знаю, можно ли указать высоту области окрашивания в настройках? Эта опция окончательно бы сделала расширение столь же качественным, как и в старых версиях Firefox.
P.S. Большое спасибо, что не забросили работу над расширением!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Leo, 5 лет назадThank you Shivanand, for updating this Addon, now i can use it again.
I understand there is still a pbug in firefox, that has to be solved, but you got it working again.
Now i am happy again ! !
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13501076, 5 лет назадVielen Dank für die schnelle Anpassung an Firefox 57. Für normale Ansprüche völlig ok. Auch wenn eine kleine Gewöhnung an die neue Einfärbung notwendig ist. Für Feinheiten der Entwicklung ist noch genug Zeit. Gruß vom Kielerjung.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13500795, 5 лет назадColorful Tabs has come back, it did 48Hrs ago for a while and then stopped working and disapeared, but I get the same problems ie the tab colours all of the bookmark/toolbar area and overwrites the theme, I mean it's brilliant that your'e still trying to get this great addon to work on the nonsense that is Firefox quantum, just concentrate on the Chrome version your sanity will thank you for it.
I do like the way you can use the star icon to drop down the tab window selector that's an awesome feature.