Оценено на 5 из 5от Nijaz Muratović, 2 года назад
better than other bookmark extensions because allows automatic bookmark removal, and very fast and compact layout, just bad that some people may accidentally remove all bookmarks after finding dupes if they mark and delete all bookmarks, they have to know mark only but first or last should be used, but hopefully they backup bookmarks
- Оценено на 1 из 5от What???, 22 дня назадOne star because it doesn't scan ALL your bookmarks (across different folders and subfolders). Even then, it's not detecting duplicate urls within the same folder (most of the time).
In other words, you can have duplicate urls across many different folders but it won't detect them because it can only scan one bookmark folder at a time. There's no option to scan all folders.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 22 дня назадThis claim is incorrect; all bookmarks are compared, of course, and folders have no influence at all to the comparison (in non-expert mode).
If you intentionally want, you can trigger behavior similar to the one you described by using replacement rules in "Expert Mode". I assume that you had "Expert Mode" open when you looked for dupes; if you do that, all example rules from that mode are applied simultaneously which is probably never what you want.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Venkat, 2 месяца назадGreat nifty tool. Very fast and accurate.
Need to understand the options once we run the Bookmarks DUPES.
Options to mark the duplicates in many ways.
For a huge volume of bookmark duplicates use one of the intuitive 'marking' options.
(Example in each duplicate group, select all but latest).
We can also manually choose and remove but when faced with a huge volume better to leverage the tool.
It also creates a "Dupes' folder we can move (similar to Recycle Bin on a computer) before permanently removing or choose to directly remove. As the Add-on warns, once removed there is no way to get back. But that is how it works. (It is like when we empty recycle bin)
Awesome tool. Kudos to the creator (s)
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Andy, 3 месяца назадI did not use expert mode, but I felt this add-on was easy to use and handled my problem (duplicate bookmarks) very quickly with no issue.
I have imported my Chrome bookmarks several times over the years and was dealing with several duplicate copies of my Chrome bookmarks with varying levels of additions in Firefox. I finally decided it was time to clean.
Bookmark Dupes allowed me with one click to find all of the dupes in my library. With a second click, I was able to select all but the newest bookmarks, and with a third click I was able to move them to a new folder called dupes. Then a quick check to make sure that everything was good and I deleted ~7000 bookmarks from my library.
I then ran the "empty folders" option. The only minor complaint was that I had to run the "empty folders" about five or six times. I'm assuming that if an empty folder is inside another folder it will not consider the parent folder empty, but it was pretty easy to to "empty folders" then "select all" then "delete" until 0 empty folders were reported so definitely not a major complaint.
Overall great and easy to use, took less than five minutes to install and clean out my bookmarks library.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 17608465, 3 месяца назадWorks well. If you just imported a large number of bookmarks (17,000 in my case), wait 5–10 minutes before searching. Similarly, after batch deleting bookmarks, give it another 5–10 minutes before closing the tab.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от DasBaconfist, 4 месяца назад+ easy to use
+ self explanatory
+ does exactly what it is supposed to do
+ no weird stuff
as always: make backup before any changes. (export your bookmarks)