- от Пользователь Firefox 13909155, 3 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Well..a good idea but when i tried so many times to change my proxy server url,it was impossible to be validated in settings add-on even tough i checked the url format to be done Did i miss something ??..Thx for answering..Please make sure the proxy server returns a proper Access-Control-Allow-Origin HTTP header, and that the proxy URI follows this pattern "https://proxy.tld/?url=".
If you need further assistance with this, please file an issue at "https://github.com/0xsobky/AnonTab/issues". Thanks for your review.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13128982, 3 года назадОценено на 3 из 5I installed this extension then opened the tab. Typed in google.com then searched "my IP". Google delivered the same IP address within the anon tab as I get by checking with What is my IP outside the AnonTab. It does hide your IP from other sites but not from google. Something to keep in mind.Thanks for the review. Like any other proxy server or VPN, your true IP address is always exposed to whoever is providing the service.
Note that you can change the proxy entirely through the settings page to any other HTTPS proxy.
- от AssassinWarrior, 3 года назадОценено на 3 из 5when AnonTab is closed after visiting webpage, and opened again from the menu bar > History > recently Closed Tabs, the last webpage history becomes inserted in the anontab's address bar.
secondly, despite the addon saying it has "private tab", this isn't not true because when in actual private tab mode, firefox uses purple UI elements.Thanks for pointing this out. While this is not much of a concern for most use cases, a fix will be deployed shortly upon review.
Regarding the second point, the term "private tab" in this context only implies that the extension prevents any history entries for visited URLs, any session cookies, and other forms of persistent data (i.e., HTML5 Web Storage).
Note that if you use AnonTab within a private window, none of these concerns will be an issue.
In the future, please report all issues at "https://github.com/0xsobky/AnonTab/issues".
- от 4everTron, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5It was Firefox's tracking protection that was causing the connection problem for me. It only does it when strict protection is enabled, standard protection doesn't appear to interfere with the add-on.
- от The Fuze, 4 года назадОценено на 2 из 5I thought this would be a gr8 addition to reduce my online presence but all I get is an "Network Error" message & are unable to utilise it! Any suggestions?Sorry to hear that. It might be a result of other add-ons interfering with AnonTab or some sort of a temporary connection problem on your side. You might want to test it on a fresh install of Firefox or try disabling other add-ons one by one and see if this resolves the problem.
Edit: A few users ran into this issue too; the problem turned out to be related to tracking protection. Changing the setting from "strict protection" to "basic protection" resolved the issue.
- от Пользователь Firefox 12736351, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Looks very interesting but can not be installed in Cyberfox (which is strange, because every other addon that I tried works fine)Please note that the latest version of AnonTab has been migrated to WebExtensions, which is only compatible with Firefox 48 and above.
You may try to install this older version (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/anontab/versions/?page=1#version-1.5.4) and see if it's compatible with Cyberfox!