I'm sorry that the add-on didn't meet your expectations. Was there something specific that it failed to do for you? I would love the chance to address whatever shortcomings you found.
- от Wescyde, 3 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5Working fine again, but for some reason on Feb 10th it wasn't...
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 месяца назадI'm sorry its not working for you. Could you send an email to support @ richardfrost.info (without spaces) with your config? You can export your config from Options page > Config tab > Export button. I just double-checked, and it is still working on Twitter for me in Firefox. If you'd rather not share you config, perhaps try saving a copy of your config using the steps outlined above, then reset back to defaults (same page in options) and try it again.
You might also check to make sure it isn't disabled on twitter. You can check that in Options page > domain tab, or by opening the extension's popup on Twitter and making sure the switch is on/blue.
- от Irish, 8 месяцев назадОценено на 3 из 5Unless im doing something wrong.... this filter has only worked on Hulu for me so far. Its great on Hulu and a wonderful tool but it hasn't worked once with HBOMax or Netflix... a little disappointing but much appreciated for the work put into it.
Updated: After the last update it would appear it works for Netflix now but still not for HBO Max. Thank you for the hard work you put in
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 8 месяцев назадThanks for the review, and for letting me know about the issue. There have been some changes to HBO Max that have broken the filtering for now. I'm working on that issue as quickly as I can and will hopefully have a fix out in the next few days.
Update: HBO Max should now be working as well. Please let me know if you still have any issues with it.
- от Пользователь Firefox 16434413, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Not only does the text filter work perfectly for my needs, but the audio filter is an exceptional feature that I didn't notice at first but now might be my favorite aspect. Thank you!
- от Sunshiner5, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I liked this extension immediately, as it works straight away, better than I expected. It does the job you want. Has lots of options to customise settings and add words. That's quite easy. There's a very good Help page explains EVERY setting. Use it on Chrome too. Both good.
- от Пользователь Firefox 15001250, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5A very fast and effortless install in under 30 seconds, and all the default settings work perfectly.
I went right to redditt to see the results and it worked well. I opted to use underscores, which are easier on the eyes than asterisks. It caught everything and indicated the number of substitutions over the filter icon.
While the default settings will give you 95% of what you need, it also allows for customization. And programmers rejoice--it even supports regular expressions!
This simple and useful extension is worthy of a donation.
- от Dilaver, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Hi, I'm from Turkey and using this add-on on Turkish language. There is a problem with "İ" characker for example İstanbul, AİLE, İran, İslam... it is a perfact extension. Please make it better.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 2 года назадHello! Thanks for reporting the issue. I've created an ticket to track this issue here: https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/issues/184 . Unfortunately there are some issues with unicode characters like the ones you reported, but most can be solved by putting in a specific case to work around them. I will try to get this implemented in the next release.
- от ByteofPi, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Haven't tried it for audio yet, but otherwise works well. TIP: If the 'censor' option doesn't work (as it does not for Reddit for me), use the 'remove' option.
Edit 2: I updated to 72.0b3 today and censoring works fine now. Thanks!!
- от Matthew Miner, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5This is the most powerful profanity I have found. While it works great out of the box, you can customize it to do anything you want and even transfer your settings easily between browsers. It's hard to imagine how it could do a better job.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14796298, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Thank you for this fantastic addon! I made a wordlist for an emethophobic dear friend of mine, so if needed, she can avoid daily exposure of non-safe, possibly phobia-inducing words for herself.
(also, finetuning grep for hungarian grammar is hell :) )
- от Пользователь Firefox 14728449, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Fantastic extension that I use for a live chat. This extension has an amazing developer who will respond and correct any issues with the extension. 5 stars, great work Richard!
- от Hua Rong, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5While I am initially unsatisfied with this addon, getting used to it and its quirks makes a world of difference, especially as the developer is actively improving it based on user feedback.
Thank you so much for replying and I appreciate it.
1. While I am aware of the option of editing the import/export, as I've made use of it, it is not intuitive. Thus, I believe that to improve usability, creating a different GUI element to handle deletion is best to streamline the user experience.
2. After switching to remove, the words are fully displayed. However, given my experience, there seems to be a possible source of confusing that you might take into account when improving your product. But with this, my personal issue with this is resolved.
3. Thank you for looking into the bug. It might be my biggest gripe with this addon since it's the only one I haven't found a workaround for.
4. As with (1).
5. I am sorry to hear that this is by design, and this is simply a case where our preferences do not match up. But as it doesn't significantly impact my experience after getting used to the addon, it's a non-issue to anyone using it past initial setup.
In conclusion, I have found most of my problems fixed with the exception of the bug, and a couple of potential improvements for you to consider. I have updated the rating to reflect my current opinion.
There are too many faults with this addon for anything but a one-star, because it is barely usable.
- There is no easy way to access a list of censored words. Removing words is tedious.
- The list of censored words on the Words tab itself is censored. Do you want to see what you've censored? Well, guess it based on first letter and length, or reference with the export page.
- Punctuation is ignored. There are some situations where you want to censor a word only when there is an exclamation mark after it, for example, because of varying context. However, this addon does not register anything entry with punctation.
- You can't disable the default list. You have to go through and remove what you don't want censored one by one, which, as mentioned before, is extremely tedious.
- Removing every entry on the list in an attempt to start with a fresh slate simply brings back the default list.
However, I think the testing setting is very useful. But unfortunately, until the above problems are fixed, this addon is really not complete.
If the creator of this addon chooses to fix one or more of these problems, I will gladly change my rating to reflect his efforts.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 года назадUpdate -
I have just published version 2.1.0 that should address the bug in #3. With your use case in mind, I also added a button to clear out the word list (#1, #4, #5). I moved the check box to filter the word list next to the word list, which should be more accessible and intuitive (#2).
If there are areas/features of the filter that are confusing it might be worth taking some time to check out the wiki (https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/wiki). If after the update you still notice problems, don't hesitate to open an issue (https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/issues)
I'm sorry that the filter doesn't meet your expectations. I'll reply to each of your points in order.
- I am open to suggestions on how to improve the flow of modifying words. If you want to bulk adjust the filter, the fastest way is to probably to use the Config tab in the options page. Clicking export will show you the current config, which you can adjust and then save with the import button.
- The words are censored by default, but that setting can be toggled in the main settings page -> General Settings -> Filter word list in Options. They are censored using the current filter method (censor, substitute, remove). This was at the request of several users (schools, parents, etc).
- This looks like a bug in the Exact match method, it works as expected in partial mode. I'll take a look at that and see if I can get that fixed.
- This seems a lot like bullet 1, and is achieved most easily by importing a config that someone else has made, or make your own and import it.
- This is by design, and likely won't change. The filter would be completely useless without any words.
I am happy to work on improving the extension when possible, and I will do what I can to take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
- от EasyPeasy, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Thank you for helping me clean up reddit. Along with some of the comments, there are a few usernames I prefer not to read. UPDATE: Still using it and it's still going strong. Thank you again, developer!