- Evaluat(ă) cu 3 din 5 stelede Drago, o lună în urmăReview from 12.01.2024 addon v.1.1.7:
This addon is awesome for privacy matters (especially the search engine because it applies google results), but on some (important) pages, it blocks security content.
I would like to report a problem with your addon "Startpage Privacy Protection" with Firefox browser (Windows 11).
When creating a Microsoft account and the user is told to solve the robot puzzle, "Startpage Privacy Protection" blocks the entire puzzle. The reasons for this behaviour may be justified (due to privacy harms from Microsoft), but its impossible to create an account while having your addon enabled.
Răspunsul dezvoltatoruluipostat la o lună în urmăThanks for trying our extension and for taking the time to leave a review. We'll share with our Product team. For now, consider using the extension settings either to be less restrictive or to temporarily allow-list Microsoft.
Thanks for caring about privacy.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 5 din 5 stelede RiemannZeta, 4 luni în urmăI've used all of the privacy search products for many months, some many years - looking into how they work, trying different settings configurations, keeping track of trends in results like accuracy, bias, and the similarity to results and adds offered by the major players. Adding Startpage is one of the first things I do when setting up a device/browser. Less bias, more unique results, less obnoxious ad tactics, and less creepy data fed to my digital twin. The only con is fewer results at times. Bears little weight when you compare the quality to the longer list made of endless repetative garbage.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 3 din 5 stelede kula, 10 luni în urmăadd-on would be great if the more annoying then helfup "Escape Route feature" could be disabled.
blurring a site when pressing "esc" 3x but not reloading the site properly after that; closing tab when pressing "esc" 4x - that is not really what I need or expect from a privacy-/search engine-add-on.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 5 din 5 stelede Utilizator Firefox 15179677, 10 luni în urmăVery cool looking page without hoopla with all the things I hate about Google taken out. I can't stand advertising because it has become the focus of everything, everywhere. Being able to search without it is similar to reading a book in a quiet place with no distractions. I would call it "comfortable". My laptop does not lag from everyone attempting to put things into my computer. My processor is calm. So am I. No blitzkrieg of unwanted ads. Finally a search engine that is up to date, quick, simple, and easy on the eyes. I hope it stays this way. Don't sell out to an alphabet agency. I will spread the word about this search engine as long as it considers my privacy. Thanks bunches.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 5 din 5 stelede Stehlampe2020, un an în urmăIt's nice to have such a nice little tracker-blocker.
The only thing that confuses me a little bit is that if I press three times Esc it blurs the page for a few seconds and when I press Esc a fourth time it closes the current tab and opens a new one with startpage.com
Răspunsul dezvoltatoruluipostat la un an în urmăThanks for trying our extension! That’s actually a privacy feature called Escape Route, which allows you to quickly hide what’s on your screen.
We’re glad you are enjoying the extension and very much appreciate your feedback.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 3 din 5 stelede Pixelcode, un an în urmăStartpage Privacy Protection is obviously based on EFF's Privacy Badger and does an okay job, although it's not as mighty as uBlock Origin, for example.
Though, what I find really irritating is that the addon apparently injects additional HTML elements into all websites for unknown reason; I suspect it's for analytics on startpage.com.
Since that can't be disabled in the settings, I don't use the addon anymore.
Răspunsul dezvoltatoruluipostat la un an în urmăThanks for trying our extension! Any HTML you might see is only used for one of two purposes: either to enable the Escape Route feature (Click Esc three times to blur the screen and four times to exit the page you’re on) or for Startpage to determine whether to show or hide promotional messaging about the extension on our homepage. No tracking whatsoever!