- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Utilizator Firefox 17466028, 3 luni în urmăCe changement intempestif et imposé ne me plait pas du tout, il semble que l'esprit Qwant a totalement disparu comme par magie.
La page d'accueil n'est qu'un affichage d'auto-satisfaction permanent sans proposer d'alternative, aucun réglage à ce sujet dans les paramètres de la page, ce qui existait pourtant précédemment.
Pour moi qui suit et utilise Qwant depuis ses débuts c'est une catastrophe de ne pouvoir définir le page d'accueil que je souhaite c'est-à-dire la sobriété d'une page blanche comportant un simple cadre de recherche sans tous ces éléments perturbateurs bariolés qui changent tout le temps et dont je n'ai rien à faire.
C'est extrêmement dérangeant et irrespectueux des utilisateurs "historiques", le pire c'est qu'on ne nous demande même pas notre avis !!
Extrêmement déçu de l'attitude de Qwant qui ne répond même plus aux mails (je leur ai écrit trois fois), ce qu'ils faisaient volontiers avant pourtant.
Oui, extrêmement déçu de cette évolution de Qwant qui semble finalement rentrer dans le rang et faire comme ses concurrents : agir unilatéralement et prétendant agir pour le bien de tous sans demander l'avis de qui que ce soit.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Utilizator Firefox 17438999, 4 luni în urmăLes réponses instantanées sont pauvres. Il y en a beaucoup moins qu'avant. Qwant Causes et d'autres services ont disparu. Vous mettez à jour vos services qu'une fois par an.
J'ai connu Qwant quand il se développait.
S'il vous plait, mettez à jour vos services plus régulièrement.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Utilizator Firefox 15909593, 4 luni în urmăExtremely sketchy that the apps suddenly asks for new permissions with no clear explanation. The replies by the devs are on the level of "trust me bro it's all good". Highly recommend staying away from this. Go for Qwant lite instead.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede AR, 4 luni în urmăI don't know what happened with this addon but I totally don't encourage using it until the developers clarify what's happening with it. It's supposed to be the official addon, but this VIPrivacy thing only appears in the addon and seems to me like malware (sketchy logo, installing without your permission...). I'm using the Qwant Lite addon in the meantime, but will probably change to another search engine if this issue isn't addressed by the company.
Răspunsul dezvoltatoruluipostat la 4 luni în urmăThank you for your feedback.
Rest assured, it is the Qwant extension. We are currently testing a new deployment. We will tell you more in a few days, we promise.
Our new browser extension allows you to block trackers and have Qwant as your default search engine. If you prefer to keep only the search engine feature, you can ignore the page.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Stephan Sigg, 4 luni în urmăEdit IV: this is the extension you want: https://addons.mozilla.org/lv/firefox/addon/just-search-qwant/
Edit III: Sorry, guys, I am really rooting for you, but it has become difficult to justify lately: I was wrong: Qwant VIPrivacy can not be installed without Qwant controlling my tracking preferences: "If you ignore this step, Qwant VIPrivacy will not be installed." Why can we not have Qwant as a search engine without this? The reply I received on 03.06. reads "If you prefer to keep only the search engine feature you can ignore the page" -> So, this statement is obviously wrong. What is going on?
Further questions: Why is the basic qwant extension not further supported? Also, 'VIPrivacy' stands for 'Very Important Privacy'. What is the meaning of this? Why is the Qwant homepage so overcrowded lately? Is the intention of all this to kill the engine? Somebody really need to help you with marketing.
Edit II: Thank you @Developer for the feedback. I appreciate it. Today, I gave it another try and attempted to install ViPrivacy. I was prompted that VIPrivacy would not be installed if I do not consent to Qwant managing my tracking protection. I prefer Firefox to handle this. I think the wording is just misleading and you don't want to say "search engine without tracking control is not possible" but tracking control is not installed, still Qwant will be my main search engine. I suggest that the Qwant management urgently hires a communication expert. Such a person could also consider the value of having a 'calm' (i.e. not-overloaded) homepage. The new design has been surprising to me. [...]
Edit: Thanks @AR for the hint: Qwant lite is the right add-on if you only want to have qwant as your default search engine.
I strongly recommend that the developers reflect on their policies. Installing add-ons without permission and forcing browser configurations is predatory behavior and can also not be excused by 'working for the right motives' (i.e. privacy). You have to ask your users at least and accept if they decide different to what you would do.
This VIPrivacy addon was automatically installed without my confirmation.
It replaced the Qwant add-on. I removed it, re-installed qwant and now it is back. Is there any way to disable that Qwant is replaced by VIPrivacy?
In my opinion VIPrivacy is extremely annoying. It opens the config page on top of other pages each time I start the browser.
Is this some sort of malware?
Concerningly, I just noticed that the last technical innovation of the engine was 2019 the integration of maps. After that, the leadership has been replaced, focus is stronger on advertising, but it seems the original ideals have been sold.
For one, forcing your users into an add-on that they did not ask for has nothing to do with freedom or ethical behavior - two of the ideals qwant boast with on their about page.
Development of Qwant Basic seems to have stopped with the new management and Qwant lite did not receive an update either since one year. It seems Qwant is dead - the future is VIPrivacy... sad :(
Răspunsul dezvoltatoruluipostat la 4 luni în urmăThank you Stephan for your feedback.
Rest assured, Qwant VIPrivacy is the new version of the Qwant extension. We are currently testing a new deployment. We will tell you more in a few days, we promise.
This new version allows you to block trackers and have Qwant as your default search engine. If you prefer to keep only the search engine feature, you can ignore the page.
About the opening of the config page, indeed this is not the intended behavior. The page is supposed to open only once. This bug has been fixed by our teams. If you update, it should be fixed, otherwise you can simply click on "Authorize" then "Refuse".
Thank you for your understanding.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Dave.s, 5 luni în urmăTwo years after the developer claimed that they were going to change this add-on so that it did not change the homepage to their own without warning it just has when I installed it in April 2022. I've reported it to Firefox and uninstalled.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Cluclu, 2 ani în urmăaprès mse à jour automatique nouvelle version impossible de retrouver la fonctionnalité qwant qui permet d'ouvrir les liens en réponse à une recherche dans un nouvel onglet. même en se connectant à mon compte qwant. et IMPOSSIBLE de modifier page d'accueil de l'extension qwant pour la remplacer par le lien fournit par qwant pour enregistrer ses paramètres sans créer un compte qwant.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede RadioFan, 2 ani în urmăThank you, all one-star reviewers. I was about to install it as my default SE but quickly found it as too underhanded. You saved me serious headaches!
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Sergey Twersky, 2 ani în urmăHi there! I have already written to your contact mail, but I will repeat the information here as well. For about a month, if I choose Russia as region in Qwant, the search does not show results, there is always "no results found". This problem is repeated in all popular browsers, including on a mobile device running an android, both with and without vpn, so I don't think it's a problem on my part. I like your search, so I hope you can fix it. :)
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Naresh, 2 ani în urmăThis add-on takes over my privacy controls and does not allow me to disable those features. I simply want to set the search engine as default, not buy into an entire ecosystem. Sad.
- Evaluat(ă) cu 1 din 5 stelede Utilizator Firefox 12659227, 2 ani în urmăDirects new tab page to it's own choice and cannot be changed. I've uninstalled it for that reason, NO addon or software in general controls what I do with my PC. I found search results nowhere near as good as Google or DuckDuckGo (which makes similar privacy claims) and heavily USA biased, despite setting my own country.
The redirction of my home page was the final straw. I found the add-on from another page and didn't check the reviews here. I wish I had, I wouldn't have even considered installing it if I'd known about the hijacking of my homw page.
Note to developer - you can see how unpopular the hijhacking is, you would do well to change it because it's a liability and will sink you.