- por M-a-k-o-s, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5My experience with the app was fairly good for about five years, until now, when they've made having this extension and the app on your phone at the same time a premium feature.
Honestly, it is not the best. The UI is always clunky. If and when I allowed it to do overlays to autofill it's always a significant problem and puts in the wrong thing after preventing me from doing what I'm trying to with a very slow popup that messes with everything else.
Changing passwords can be a problem. If you happen to lose your phone with Microsoft or Google's Authenticators on it (or just delete and re-download the app) you'll discover you're in very real trouble if you were using them for 2FA because they generally aren't locked to your account but your phone (at least, this was the case in 2019, things could have changed). With that, despite having the password, one working 2FA code that I could provide consistently, and every bit of information about my account and its usage it still took me weeks to regain access to my password because of how slow customer support is to free users - that last part I at least understand. I will note that their policy says that their people will never ask for your password, but mine did way back then. I spent a long time stewing over the possibility of some random lastpass employee selling my passwords online, and they could have in the time it took for them to tell me 2fa was finally disabled. I'll still never know about that for sure. It's also somewhat funny to me that Lastpass, the people that protect my passwords, are the only people to ever ask me to send a random employee on the other end of a text chat my master password in cleartext. Or ask me for it at all.
This application for handling the most precious and private things you have comes with seven trackers on Android. That is significantly more than its competitors. That and effectively making having your passwords everywhere you go a premium feature was a good enough reason to leave it behind. I will not be coming back.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 16392067, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5This use to be a 5 star app no questions asked. But, over the years they've become more and more greedy and removing features to put them behind a pay wall. This would be understandable if they offered a unique service.
BUT, there are A LOT of free alternatives that do just as well but for free. The two that come to mind are BitWarden and KeePassXC. AND they are open source so you know exactly what the app is doing.
- por Storm Engineer, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5It used to be pretty good, but recently they decided to strong-arm free users into upgrading to premium by removing the ability to use it on both your phone and your PC. Switched to BitWarden - much better and no shady tactics, check them out.
- por DealWithIt, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5Really liked the free version until it limited the devices I can use. Off to Bitwarden like everyone else.
I'm a student now, but once I got a job I was planning to get LastPass' paid version. Not anymore. That's the last I use of LastPass.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 12920208, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5This addon now gives "cannot connect to server" in Firefox 86. It nags for paid feature upgrades, but won't it won't even connect to its own servers in free. And the thing is, this is a reoccurring issue with this product going years back off and on in web searches. I will most likely will switch to Bitwarden.
- por Granoblastic Man, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5I've been a paid LastPass user since April 2009. The service has gotten consistently worse since LogMeIn bought it. The last straw, however, was them punishing the free users by limiting the devices. There's NO REASON for this change other than pure greed. Well, if you're that greedy, you're not getting another cent from me.
Also, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEIR CREDIT MONITORING; YOU HAVE TO CONTACT SUPPORT TO CANCEL IT! There's NO WAY to cancel it without having to talk to a human who, I assume, is probably just going to try to upsell you. Nah, that's super scammy behavior.
- por Old Fox, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5It was a very nice time, almost 5 years I use LastPass Premium at browser and phone. But suddenly: The seven trackers found are as follows:
AppsFlyer; Google Analytics; Google CrashLytics;
Google Firebase Analytics; Google Tag Manager;
I think, I will rollout to another password manager now.
Thank you and bye.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 16718815, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5Sad that they are ruining the free version after I've been a user for 10+ years. Oh well, off to use Bitwarden which is a better product overall.