- por Utilizador do Firefox 14451689, a há um mêsAvaliado em 1 de 5a box draws out asking you to click permission on a button that is below the margin of the screen and no way to tab up and hit the yes button, going nowhere fast,
- por Electric Bacon, a há um mêsAvaliado em 1 de 5After LastPass had some of its free features locked behind a paywall, I was no longer able to use it to suit my needs. The new business practices are too aggressive, and they pushed me away. LogMeIn lost its chance at converting me into a paid user.
The monthly cost is outrageously high — it's laughable. LastPass is only worth about $5, at best, but only as a one-time fee — certainly not a subscription.
If LogMeIn wants to provide a service, it would be reasonable to pay a subscription fee. As far as I'm concerned, LastPass is a product, not a service. Paying a subscription fee to unlock features that were once free feels like highway robbery. Instead of providing new features or improving the existing product, LogMeIn artificially devalued LastPass just to resell it at a premium. It's a slap to the face of loyal users.
Restricting the use of LastPass to a single platform (desktop or mobile) is another major weak point. It's impractical to only use one or the other. Restricting the user's platform does more to harm their security than it does to help it. All of my passwords were generated by LastPass, and all of them are too long and complicated to remember. If a user can't afford the premium fee, their only other choice is to change their account passwords (on the other platform) to something shorter and easier to remember. Is LogMeIn trying to encourage free users to use weak, less-secure passwords? It sure looks like it. This business move is remarkably brazen and reckless. It's insulting.
Does LogMeIn regard long-time LastPass users as a flock of simpletons? How much of an imbecile do they think we are? LogMeIn's new business decisions reek of corporate greed. I, for one, refuse to be taken advantage of. LastPass is not the only option available. There are comparable products out there, with the same functionality (or better), which can be had at no cost. I'm going to follow the thousands of other users — that LogMeIn ran away — to a different product, run by a company that isn't so shortsighted.
It was good while it lasted, but it was a catastrophic disappointment thereafter. Farewell, LastPass. I'm off to the greener pastures of Bitwarden and KeePass.
- por Ultrabenosaurus, a há um mêsAvaliado em 1 de 5Used to love LastPass, then they sold their souls for dirty money laundered by VC market fixers and now the service (and this extension) are completely pointless. What's the point in a password manager that only works on my phone OR my computer? Those long, complex, unreadable secure passwords aren't any use to me when they don't sync between PC and mobile and aren't accessible at all on half of my devices. I've switched to Bitwarden and it's awesome, they even have a guide for migrating from LastPass.
- por jokalliauer-1364600595.78, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5Der Wechsel von Computer zu Smartphone ist nicht mehr möglich. Es wäre ok, wenn das von Anfang so gewesen wäre, aber das nachträglich so zu machen ist ein Unding, so zwingt man Kundïnnen auf Premium umzusteigen, mit kaum einer Alternative, weil man jahrelang die Passwörter nur dahin gespeichert hat. Ich unterstütze Freeware gerne mal mit einer Spende (hatte deswegen Premium), aber so werde ich mir wohl die Mühe machen auf einen alternativen Manger umzusteigen.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 15235860, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5More like AssPass
This is the absolute worst password manager I've ever dealt with. I've been using AssAss for years and the quality of both their Android app and extensions have degraded over time.
Today I switched everything over to bitwarden in the hopes that it will not be a heaping pile of complete garbage like assgas is.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 16831281, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5Browser extensions stopped working, which makes it pretty useless for me. Very frustrating, I have to sign into the web app each time, which the extensions/add-ons just show the vault door spinning. What am I paying for?
- por Utilizador do Firefox 15560381, a há 2 mesesAvaliado em 1 de 5Fuck lastpass. Used to be good, but they changed their free plan so that it will not work on more than one device anymore. I switched to bitwarden which is open source