- Avaliado em 1 de 5por SandpaperWasteland, há 5 anosWoT's "Active Protection" actively tracks and links your IP address to what you type on search engines, your web history, then "distributes" (or sells as some websites have warned) this information directly to others.
This obvious breach of privacy mingled with the fact that they were caught red-handed in selling it is UNACCEPTABLE.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por User, há 5 anosSays it protects you from spying, does spy you and sell your data:
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 14038268 do Firefox, há 5 anosAside from the obvious deception: https://lifehacker.com/web-of-trust-sells-your-browsing-history-uninstall-it-1788667989
We need something that gives expert warnings based on what experts detect, not community as in every person who thinks they know something when in reality they know less than nothing.
Yeah, This addon is bad for multiple reasons. I used it long ago, but one day I decided it was not worth using beyond even the deception above that they did.
PS, duckduckgo removed wot from their engine so yeah... its no lie.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 14012454 do Firefox, há 5 anosThis site almost completely relies on community opinion, and that opinion's honesty, for its results. There is little fact checking done here since anyone can go to their site, enter a web address and rate it without posting a review or logging in. I would be very careful to trust this service's info without manually fact checking it yourself. I know that doing so defeats the purpose for this service, but that's how untrustworthy I think this service is. Anyone (using this service) can give a site a bad rating without it being crosschecked by someone before it's posted. Even if the site deserved the rating or not. A system like this is easily manipulable, and should be taken with the understanding that there is no guarantee for accuracy.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 5 anosWOT does in fact rely on our community for ratings and reviews, but that is our strength. It's not accurate to say that "anyone" can influence a site's ratings. We use a reliability algorithm that only allows trustworthy users to influence a site's ratings, which greatly increases the quality of our ratings. The system is actually built to prevent manipulation like you're describing. Thanks for your review!
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Yassine Daoudi, há 5 anosI can login in the original website, but not the extension, I can't stay connected in firefox and chrome, i can't even login on any browser with this add-on, so, it's a big problem for me .
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13772382 do Firefox, há 5 anosAfter leaving a candid but respectful and cautious review on an alternative health website, my account was blocked.
This health website was safe and offered an alternative treatment that helped me. Nothing in my post was abusive and I included a disclaimer at the end of the review in case anyone mistakenly thought I stepped in something. Bang. Account blocked after 5+ years of use.
Strangely, three negative reviews seething with abusive, foul and specious language were posted against this same health website and its owner. Their accounts were not blocked.
Could these people be in alliance with pharmaceutical companies? Hmmmm..... That was a question and not a direct attack on WOT, in case their staff are feeling a tad paranoid.
Not recommended. I feel WOT are not trustworthy, since they seem to monitor their users' activity in real time and they seem to censor ideas that may or may not be perceived as threatening to certain corporations.
I recommend trusting the reviews found on WOT only if you accept conventional propaganda.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 12550056 do Firefox, há 5 anosон неработает у меня. оценки не ставит можно только на сайцте поставить но зачем тогда аддон нужен если можно на сайте потавить? и оценки там не верные.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13725746 do Firefox, há 5 anosThe reviews and ratings of this website cannot be trusted since the service can be spammed and individual reviews are not vetted. What's more you're not protected against new websites that might be fraudulent.
Please see an independent review of this extension here:
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por KLJY, há 5 anosMostly useful. But its very easy to game this add-on to make misleading reputation. For example an owner of a site filled with virus could easily make multiple accounts of WOT and gives positive reviews about his site. Truly dangerous.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13647948 do Firefox, há 5 anosParental control is off, yet it goes crazy saying generic imgur links (MY OWN imgur links) are "not suitable for children". Super spammy
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13605072 do Firefox, há 5 anosBreaches privacy and allows unsafe sights to pay money to show up as reputable. It's been removed previously by Firefox for security threats and privacy disregard. THEY WILL SEE YOUR DATA TO ANYONE AND REMOTE EXECUTION CODES HAVE BEEN EXPLOITED FROM THIS EXTENSION. Hilarious how a service can offer privacy features, yet exploit your privacy instead. This should be illegal, but it's owned by Facebook so money blocks any penalty. 0/5, and anyone rating higher must not know of the terrible breaches of privacy this extension has caused.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13585995 do Firefox, há 5 anosWOT has a flawed rating method.
If your site is hosted as a sub-domain of a shared domain owned by your hosting service, the poor reputation is inherited from the parent domain.
This means that WOT automatically and immediately gives your site a bad reputation just based on supposition, without even bothering to actually look at your website...
So, WOT will consider your site "guilty by association" from day one!
Is this a fair and trustworthy method? No.
Following are WOT instructions on how you can get more/improve ratings for your website:
"If you want to improve the reputation, we recommend asking your friends, business partners, blog followers, or customers to submit ratings for the site. You can either ask them to use the WOT add-on, or simply point them to your site's scorecard where they can rate the site after creating an account."
How reliable and trustworthy is that?
Anyone wealthy enough can bribe lots of people to summit ratings in order to get a good site reputation at WOT...
Or anyone wealthy enough can bribe lots of people to summit bad ratings in order to get the competitor's website a bad reputation at WOT...
But since you're using the sub-domain of a free web hosting, you're probably on a low budget, which means you can't afford to bribe lots of people, and so your site gets toasted by the gang at WOT.
Giants like Facebook and the likes will become even more dominant, while smaller innovative and honest web sites will get a bad reputation from the start, regardless how clean and malware-free they might be.
Virtually anybody can register at WOT, you don't even have to verify your email address or be proven as a site customer to review a website, even kids can end up rating websites...
The rating service does not distinguish between 'distrust a website' and 'dislike a website', so a website can get a poor trustfulness rating just because its published opinion is not mainstream or doesn't fit the reviewers' political agenda.
This makes WOT ratings highly subjective and extremely politically biased. This is a threat to freedom of speech, since they can get sites banned from Facebook.
An investigation by German TV channel NDR has uncovered a serious breach of privacy by the Web Of Trust (WOT) service, which over 140 million Web surfers trust to help keep them safe online...
See also the following Guardian article, titled: " 'Anonymous' browsing data can be easily exposed, researchers reveal", where WOT sold a database of 3 million users, which were then de-anonymised.
Because of that Mozila has also blocked WOT add-ons older than 2017-01-20.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Usuário 13554909 do Firefox, há 5 anosNach dem Skandal der im November 2016 bekannt wurde hat sich das Addon von der Bedienung sehr verschlechtert.
Der Kern des Skandals, nämlich, dass Daten weiterverkauft werden ohne vernünftig anonymisiert zu werden ist weiterhin nicht ausgeräumt.
Für Website Bewertungen bräuchte es nur die Domainnamen und nicht die vollständige URL, welche oft sensible Daten enthält. Diese bekommt WOT niemals vernünftig anonymisiert.
Ich bin ein Nutzer aus den Anfängen von WOT und schwer enttäuscht vom Kurs, der gewählt wurde.
Aus Datenschutzgründen kann ich von diesem Addon nur abraten.