- Avaliado em 5 de 5por laowei, há 6 mesesWorks great for YT, PH, among other sites.
Note: users who are still using 32-bit Windows and who want to use the "native app", you will need to replace ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe with 32-bit versions (google for download sites)
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 6 mesesThank you for your report and ratings!
Users with 32-bit systems can contact for appropriate FFmpeg version to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por RaphaEL, há 7 mesesThank you for providing such a wonderful Add-On.
There is a bug that consumes CPU resources and memory in version 4.12, and it seems that some functions have been rolled back and version 4.13 has been released, but in my environment the phenomenon of consuming CPU resources and memory continues. ..
I am measuring the line speed on a site called https://www.speedtest.net/, but there is a problem that it cannot be measured normally whether it is recognized as a video.
If you roll back to version 4.11 or earlier, you can measure the line speed normally, and Add-On works normally.
We would like to inform you that there is a possibility that a new problem has occurred in version 4.13, or that the problem of the previous version has not been solved only by rolling back some functions.
Also, I would like to use version 4.11 or earlier until the situation becomes stable, so please verify and correct it.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 7 mesesThank you for your report!
We confirm the issue with the false stream detection on https://www.speedtest.net/
This issue will be fixed in the nearest AVD update.
In case of any other problems please contact with details to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Deeze03, há 8 mesesSo, the latest reviews seem to say this doesn't work but it's working fine for me. There's a comment from the developer I saw on one of the bad reviews that says the person needed to reinstall, I'm guessing maybe an update borked the extension for some people, and I can say that seems to track considering my new install is fine. If that changes I'll update this while leaving this first impression so people get the whole story. (If that's possible, I've never bothered to review something on here so I don't know yet.)
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 17237147 do Firefox, há 8 mesesAfter removing 4.12, installing 4.13 and resetting it is working pefectly for me again!Thank you for your report and ratings!
Please don't hesitate to contact with any questions or suggestions to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por fota, há 8 mesesAbout my previous reviews....
This was a great add-on until they tried to make it better."
I feel I was extremely unfair leaving such a harsh review.
You made something that a lot of people found useful, that includes me. It saved me hours of memory buffering waiting for videos to load and play. So, please accept my apologies I'm sorry.
All the complaining really resulted from your success with the addon.
Must have been somewhat gratifying and ego stroking to know people missed something you created. Unfortunately, some, well me, were completely ungrateful in the first place for it's existence, not to mention it was made available for free.
I really should have thanked you for giving the world this pretty cool and incredibly helpful addon.
So.. Thank you.
Thank you for your hard work, your generosity and your patience.
I hope the kinks get worked out and I promise to do better.We are grateful for your kind report!
We are doing our best to make AVD even better in future releases.
If you have any problems or suggestions, please contact with details to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Alex Mirnov, há 9 mesesЕсли вы ищите какое дополнение убило ваш браузер, вы угадали. Сейчас попробую полностью переустановить дополнение + программу, и надеюсь, что это исправит ошибку, и вам советую.
А дополнение само по себе классное, если этих проблем не будет, то оно суперское! Надеюсь, разработчики постараются исправить эту проблему, ведь сейчас у многих людей не работает браузер, и не все могут додуматься об отключении дополнений. Что уж там, даже мне пришлось потратить немало времени, чтобы найти дополнение, которое вызвало эти проблемы (У меня больше десятка дополнений). А Дети? Дедушки и бабушки? Они же не смогут всё это сделать...
Я очень благодарен разработчикам за дополнение, потому не стал ставить низкую оценку. Надеюсь, таких проблем в дальнейшем не будет.Many thanks for your report and ratings!
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope for your understanding.
The issue with overload is related to the cache from previous add-on versions.
Please try to reinstall AVD add-on and Native Application and reset the data at the menu Settings - Reset, using WIPE OUT AND RESET button.
This will delete any data in the extension storage, and reload the extension.
If you still encounter the issues with overload after this operations please contact to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Drunken Kong, há 9 mesesHad any problems with overloaded RAM etc. De- and Reinstall did solve the problem.
I can say: MVP under the Videodownloader !!!!!If you encounter the issue with RAM usage again, check if there is a child process called ffprobe.exe running and consuming CPU and virtual memory.
Don't use default task manager for reviewing process, use Process Explorer from Microsoft (former Systinternals):
It provides a much better view of system processes.
If you see ffprobe.exe hanging under firefox.exe and consuming resources, kill it and then go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Ant.com\Ant Video downloader and delete ffprobe.exe
You will have MPEG-DASH protocol disabled in AVD but there will be no more RAM issues.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por dare2live, há 9 mesesJust want to report that doing a full "Wipe Out And Reset" under "Settings" completely solved the memory leak/build-up issue! Some weird UI issues (affecting other Firefox addons as well) also disappeared after the reset.
(Hopefully more Firefox users are able to figure this out, or they might think it's an issue with a Firefox update & switch browsers... >.<)
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 15479475 do Firefox, há 9 mesesI wish to confirm you that uninstalling and then re-installing AVD following the procedure you described for resetting the cache has solved the memory leaks problem.
Keep up your good job !
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Moha, há 9 mesesUPDATE:
After deleting the addon and adding it again, the addon seems to work great. No memory leaks at all.
I am updating my score to 5 stars
It was working great some weeks ago. Now it's impossible to work with it.
Has huge memory leaks when I open it. Firefox ends taking all of my RAM (12 GB of my 16GB). My computer gets laggy and I have to close Firefox just 5 minutes after opening it.
I will disable the addon until this big issue gets fixed.
It was a great addon, but not anymore.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Seb, há 9 mesesEDIT:
Many thanks dev team, the reset solution solve the memory leak issue.
Back to 5 stars !
I had to retry several times because even getting the settings tab clicking on the icon was imposssible due to memory leak bug triggering immediately after start.
So you're probably right the extension storage was corrupted after upgrade and caused this bug.
Why not releasing a new version which auto-resets at first start after installation in order to solve the issue for everyone ?
I used this shortcut to get into the settings without the annoying button bug (UUID should be different, identify with Firefox "about:performance" tab):
Then, first reset try hanged (memory leak again).
Next time I uninstalled extension/ restart Firefox / reinstalled the extension and used the reset option again which at last succceeded
thank you for posting this solution !Glad to hear the problem is gone.
Regarding the auto-reset of storage on install, good point, we'll implement right in the next release.
Contact support if you need any kind of assistance with AVD.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por BluTGI, há 9 mesesThis add-on is still the best at what it does. When Down-Them-All failed, it's the only thing that's worked.
Please, next time, don't release a new rebuild of your work before major holidays. Wait, test it some more, then drop it when you can fix it.
Love the work, thanks for the fix! Updated 1/8/22Thank you for your report and rating.
Well, we write that developers are working on a fix because it is really it is, what else can we write? The new version is already released.
Releasing before or after holidays won't make much difference, because making a fix will take days to develop and test.
Will be appreciated for more feedbacks from you, thanks again.