Avaliado em 4,6 de 5
4,6 de 5 estrelas
- por SCollins, há 17 diasAvaliado em 5 de 5I love this extension. It does exactly what's needed for creating a distraction free, aesthetic reading environment. It also doesn't try to do too much. Bravo!
- por xerus, há 2 mesesAvaliado em 4 de 5Works, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 2 mesesThank you for the feedback.
TLDR; For users that are happy with the built in Reader Mode, there is no need to use this extension.
This extension was first created in 2012 when there was no built in Reader Mode in Firefox.
Once Reader Mode was introduced in Firefox, for a while the listing description of this extension encouraged readers to first try the builtin Reader Mode and use this extension only if/when the user is not satisfied with Reader Mode.
Reader Mode works on on web pages that have an "article" tag (to the best of my knowledge) -- it is not enabled on pages that don't have an article tag. This extension works on pages even without an article tag.
There are always some pages where this extension does a better job that Reader Mode; and the converse also holds true.
Here are some of the additional features that are available that some users like:
(1) Finer ability to customize fonts, font size, reading width, background color etc.
(2) Ability to save pages locally for offline reading (and to add annotations/notes to offline articles); export/import such pages (as opposed to using an online service like Pocket)
(3) "Continuous browsing mode" -- when in the transformed view, clicking on a link will automatically take you to the transformed version of the page referred to in the link
Refer to the extension listing for more features.
- por Usuário 15536011 do Firefox, há 2 mesesAvaliado em 5 de 5Eu ainda não usei, mas fiquei muito interessado em conversar com o autror depois que li o prospecto e todos os releases. ¿Será que ele poderia trocar ideias comigo a respeito de meu projeto em desenvolvimento? > Multifokus Projekt< Soluções para hiperativos inteligentes que gostariam de ao menos uma tarefa terminar!