- Avaliado em 5 de 5Thanks Chao for this beautiful tool. five stars!
- Avaliado em 1 de 5Querystrings break authentication. Pretty useless until this is fixed.
Looks nicer now, but need to scroll up and down. Looks more compact in 2.0.1 via nightly build, but querystring still doesn't work. Sticking with 1.3.5 until then.
Still better than any of the chrome clients, and when this is fixed it will be a five star app. Unfortunately, functionality is more important than looks.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5After the 2.0.0 release, I emailed Chao with a "WTF?". He's is fixing it...
This REST Client still rocks; give him a little break before you flame, fer Christ's sake!
BTW the REST Client for Chrome is awful. It can't handle HTTPS without choking. Give Chao a chance to work it out; he'll clean it up. Maybe you can stop gripping and volunteer to help him code?
- Avaliado em 1 de 5What a drag. This tool was fantastic. Now it isn't even usable. Oh well; One less reason to use Firefox Uninstalling now. I think there is a decent REST client for chrome.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5The product WAS great. Now, it just looks great, but is not really usable any more.
Version 2.0.1 is much better than version 2.0.0; But not so great, as 1.3.x. Much functions are more than one click away (headers, open request), custom request headers are not visible with one look. You get much slower while working with it due to the bad usability.
Be careful! I imported an 1.3.x request to my favorites (renamed it from .txt to .json) in version 2.0.0 since I have not found a way to import them correctly. Favorites are now not usable any more. You break the tool! And you can't undo it! At least, I have not found a way :-/
Please give us back the good old restclient!
- Avaliado em 4 de 5v2.0.1 is much better than v2.0.0. Most of the functionality that was broken by v2.0.0 seems to be back. Just need some time to get used to the new UI
- Avaliado em 1 de 5I do not like the new GUI. I use your RestClient to test web services; the last thing I care for is it to look pretty. There’s a lot of empty space taken up by headings now and the fonts are huge. Before I could see the response on my screen, now I have to scroll down to it.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5The old version of RESTClient was almost perfect in every way. You've managed to slow it down, make it overly graphic, remove useful features, and kill backward compatibility with saved requests. Worst upgrade ever. Please roll back to the previous version. This new one is useless.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5WTF...plugin upgraded and I can't import my previous definitions. Please bring back the old version until you have the migration issue solved. Seems 2.0.0 version is an eye-candy upgrade that wasn't ready for prime time.Sorry for the inconvenience, version 2.0.1 solved the problem. RESTClient 2.0.1 is still waiting for review, but you can still install it now by follow this link
- Avaliado em 1 de 5absolutely missing the usability.. missing the last version a lot.. seriously do u think people doing dev/testing with rest client really bother much for beautification? anyway hope to find another better one... +1 for permalink's reviewThe idea is re-design the whole UI by HTML instead of XUL, so it will be easier to be implemented on other browsers, such as google chrome, and safari. If you don't like the new UI please just downgrade to version 1.3.5.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5OMG firefox upgtraded, and now I have this. Functionality is probably ok, but regardless of the color scheme I choose it is well nigh impossible to read the text in the UI clearly. Much too little contrast, like nothing I have ever seen before. Beautiful, if you like lightly brushed water-colors and something nice to look at. But not really usable. Going to search for another rest client.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5I will set the excellent mark, but anyway the new version still requires additional improvement. Without some of them, it might be tricky to use it :)
- format XML response (add indentation)
- JSON is not highlighted properly (properties, objects, values have the same color - red)
- when I copy a text from response body (highlight), I get a non-formatted result.
- a minor error, but when I press the Send button, the active tab below is changed to the first tab.
- Manage Favorites always shows me an empty window, however the address bar in the RESTClient contains marked requests with a star.Thank you for your review.
The XML indentation, response tab, favorite url bug will be fixed in 2.0.1.
I will try to improve JSON highlight in future version.
- Avaliado em 1 de 52.0.0 doesn't format XML nicely. Makes it pretty unusable for me. Keep using old version.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5Hi i feel the latest version 2.0.0 has gone backwards with its functionality. In version 1.3.5 you had immediate access to the buttons but now in the latest you don't. I will use the previous version as it is heaps more useful.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5This plugin is very handy while testing my web services, REST or some simple http ones. Also helps much while exploring 3rd party web-apis. My only complaint is - lack of UTF-8 unicode support in the response field, otherwise I'd have given 5 stars. Many thanks to the author.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5You can always create the icon to access the GUI by customizing your FF Toolbar:
Right click Toolbar > Customize ... > Drag & drop the GUI icon to the Toolbar
- Avaliado em 4 de 5I also couldn't work out how to access the GUI. Maybe there's a better way, but I saw from the screen shots that you can just navigate to chrome://restclient/content/
Great add-on - thanks.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Ask a silly question, how to show up the GUI. I am using FireFox 10.x and installed RESTClient. but failed to figure out how to show the UI in 30 mins!!!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5I really missed file upload feature in this plugin, so i have developed an iphone app for the same feature.
The link is :-
You can debug the response of your php service and check the file upload from iphone using this app -
It was really helpful to debug serverside code.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5This is a GREAT plugin. It would be nice though if there were compatible plugins for other browsers like Chrome. That way files saved from one tool are compatible in another. I've switched away from the memory hog of Firefox a while ago, but LOVE your plugin...
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Nice plugin. Only thing I really miss so far is support for digest authentication.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5应答首部不能复制。能不能开放这个地方
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Excellent tool but not available for FF7 :-(
Makes me to downgrade firefox :-(
- Avaliado em 4 de 5This is very good tool but, I will suggest an enhancement which will make even better currently the o/p is read only can it be editable or if we can allow copy of the result then it will be very useful.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5East Asian languages are not well supported.
"XML Parsing Error" occurs due to some Chinese character in request body.