- Avaliado em 2 de 5Buggy
I cannot add headers after deleting any.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Its great tool to test REST web service for all HTTP method except PATCH HTTP method.I like to test HTTP PATCH method using REST Client. In method drop-down there is no option to use PATCH method. Please suggest
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Really nice tool. Meets my requirements completely (simple POST requests).
- Avaliado em 1 de 5Has problems with HEAD requests that return Content-Type application/json since it wants to parse the result but does not get one (HEAD never returns body). Won't use it anymore since I spent hours trying to find the bug in the server code...
- Avaliado em 2 de 5Sends Accept-Language and If-None-Match headers against your will. Receives a 304 respond due to the headers it set, yet displays 200 to you. Also, the interface is buggy, cannot add custom headers after some point. Awful tool overall, very bad to test your services.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Great tool, really nice for providing curl-fearing user with a nice test tool.
It would be even better if it implement curl's "-k" option that turns off ssl verification.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Addon is useful for me. Still, there is a space for improvements. F.e.: to show response packet size or save also headers and body to presets.
- Avaliado em 3 de 5Could someone please help, I am not able to see anything in response tabs even the rest url is correct, not either errors nor correct response.. it always showing blank.. I do not know whether this is a problem with my computer or any mozila setting.. Please response, if anyone solved this problem or aware about this
- Avaliado em 1 de 5How to open rest client in mozille firefox
- Avaliado em 1 de 5I haven't been able to get this to work at all on Mint 12. It simply doesn't return anything, not even error messages. If the REST function is GET, I can type the url into a browser and get a result. This plugin just doesn't return anything whatsoever.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5... and very well written!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5ready-to-go, easy-to-use, beautiful! thx a lot
- Avaliado em 4 de 5Very nice tool, useful for quickly testing RESTful services. There is however some room for improvement, oauth support is very basic and sometimes the response formatter omitts text present in the raw response. Nevertheless very useful tool. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5I'm currently writing a REST server and this extension is my primary testing tool. Sleek and full-featured : Nice work !
- Avaliado em 5 de 5I absolutely love this tool! It makes my life as an Android developer much easier--I can easily execute requests and inspect their responses before I dive into implementing it.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Very nice addon. UI is well designed and I love the fact that I can save queries.
I'm trying to figure out if I can use this test file upload as well via mult-part form or raw file in the body of a PUT or POST. Is this possible?
- Avaliado em 3 de 5It is quite good. However I'm not happy to see that adding and removing headers are not as convenient as other similar add-ons. I have to type the header name & value (other add-ons allow to select from available lists), and favorite headers are too short, I can't distinguish the favorite ones starting with the same name (like "Content-Type: applicat..."). Besides, if I want to remove a header, I have to remove all of them and add needed ones again. The only thing I like about this add-on is its ability to highlight the response body.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Thanks for this great addon for Firefox. It's user interface is clear and complete.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5This is a great plugin. Helps a lot while debugging any rest service. Quick simple but very effective and poweful.
One small request ::
If possible, can you please include below mentioned library in this plugin? This will help viewing the response in more structured view.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5As a developer of mobile apps backed by restful servers, this has been an invaluable tool for me. It saves so much time over typing commands into curl on the command line.
- Avaliado em 3 de 5Ever since this plugin updated to 2.*.* from 1.3.*, me and several people I work with, cannot add custom Headers (or any headers at all for that matter) and also there are other anomalies that I never saw with the older version. intermittently sometimes when installed it works but returns nothing but blank responses. Cannot update to old version, even my old firefox 3.6 portable is not installing it ,says not compatible. But it always was compatible!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Face it -- the work of a developer is hard. It is even harder when there is a lack of good tools for testing and debugging software – particularly web services. In the past, I used to write test harnesses that required bulky IDE’s with steep learning curves. I was like, “surely, there has to be a better way to do this…” After some research, I found RESTClient. RESTClient is FireFox plugin for testing web services that is simple, low-level, and easy to use. I simply fill out the request and run it. Then RESTClient shows me exactly what the webserver sent without all the unnecessary fluff of a fancy IDE’s. Its simplicity has saved me hours of frustration and work. But don’t let the name fool you. RESTClient works with REST services, but it will also post back and receive XML and it works JSON data too. The bottom line is this: RESTCLient penultimate web service debugging tool because its simplicity and ease of use.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5Thanks Chao for this beautiful tool. five stars!
- Avaliado em 1 de 5Querystrings break authentication. Pretty useless until this is fixed.
Looks nicer now, but need to scroll up and down. Looks more compact in 2.0.1 via nightly build, but querystring still doesn't work. Sticking with 1.3.5 until then.
Still better than any of the chrome clients, and when this is fixed it will be a five star app. Unfortunately, functionality is more important than looks.