This extension does not store any data that is not required for the functionality of the extension, this being restricted to the user browser and/or user sync settings if the user has sync enabled.
This extension does not send any data outside the necessary data for the functionality of the extension, any data transmission is restricted to the youtube.com domain only.
This extension does not collect any data for any use other than for the functionality of the extension.
This extension does not collect, transmit or make use of personal information.
This extension requires the following permissions to operate:
- Storage: Used to store the extension settings
- Privacy: Required solely for the purpose of detecting when the user has FirstPartyIsolation enabled to enforce the Dark Theme cookie with success
- Cookies: Required solely for the purpose of enforcing the Dark Theme cookie
- WebRequest: Required to intercept resource requests within the restricted domain
- WebRequestBlocking: Required to modify the intercepted requests and modify the source code of YouTube in order for the features to work
- ://.youtube.com/*: Domain requirement in order to enforce the Dark Theme cookie when user is running the extension in private mode and/or has FirstPartyIsolation enabled
- *://www.youtube.com/*: Sub-domain requirement in order to conduct the Web Request Blocking modifications
The extension may store a cookie under the required domain(s) or otherwise modify an existing one.
The algorithm in place has been created to prevent other YouTube experiments from being overwritten since these are all shared within the same cookie value.
This cookie usage is in place for the sole purpose of enforcing the Dark Theme on YouTube.
Without this cookie the Dark Theme enforcement feature will not work leaving by default the normal behavior set by YouTube or no behavior if the user has a browser configuration that clears cookies on exit or if is navigating in private mode.