For contact information, see https://languagetool.org/legal/
We don't store the text that you submit for style and grammar checking on languagetool.org, with the following exceptions:
* If you explicitly submit feedback, for example about false alarms or undetected errors, we store that feedback.
* If you accept or explicitly ignore corrections or open examples for an error, we log the internal rule id of that error (this is something like ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE for word repetition errors).
* If you accept a correction of a spelling error, we log the original word and the correction you selected.
* In case of an internal software error (which is extremely rare), we log the sentence that caused the error so we can reproduce and fix the error.
In any case, we don't store the data with your IP address or any other meta information that would allow us to identify you. Thus it's also not possible to delete your data.
To improve our proofreading service, we keep a log of the following information:
* date and time, length of submitted text, text language, processing time on server, number of detected errors (but not the actual errors unless you have agreed to that),
* the page on which you submitted the request (referrer, e.g. languagetool.org),
* internal errors that occur (e.g. the browser add-on not being able to access the text to be checked),
* only transferred when you uninstall the browser add-on: the number of times you used the add-on and the URL of the page where the add-on was last used
None of this information can be used to identify you.
In our web server log files, your IP address is stored in an abbreviated form (like 192.168.xxx.xxx) so it cannot be used to identify you. Error messages like for exceeding the query limit are stored with the full IP for up to 48 hours so we can prevent misuse of the service.
You have the right, upon request and free of charge, to receive information about your personal data we store.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you have the right to complain to a regulatory agency.
Our extension uses Piwik/Matomo, hosted at mysnip (MySnip Solutions - Thomas Seifert, Kreutzigerstr. 4a, 10247 Berlin). This is a so-called web analysis service. Piwik uses so-called "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer that enable us to analyze the use of the extension. For this purpose, the usage information generated by the cookie (including your abbreviated IP address) is transmitted to our server and stored for usage analysis purposes, which serves to optimise the expansion on our part. During this process, your IP address is immediately anonymised so that you as a user remain anonymous to us.
A small part of this website - the pages dealing with installation and deinstallation of the browser add-on - uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC ("Google"). The use includes the "Universal Analytics" operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus analyze a user's activities across devices. The part of this data protection notice that deals with Google Analytics is provided by www.intersoft-consulting.de.
Purposes of the Processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Recipients or Categories of Recipients
The recipient of the collected data is Google.
Transfer to Third Countries
Personal data will be transferred to the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield on the basis of the European Commission's adequacy decision. You can download the certificate here.
Duration of Data Storage
The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user-identifiers (e.g. User-IDs) or advertising-identifiers are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
Rights of the Persons affected
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by blocking the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of this website to their full extent.