Avaliado em 3,9 de 5
3,9 de 5 estrelas
- por Lenoxus, há um anoAvaliado em 1 de 5This absolutely needs a higher limit than 5 per window, which is absurdly low. Adding the extension shouldn't cause anything to happen, it should open a settings page where the user can determine a limit.
- por Miles B Huff, há 3 anosAvaliado em 2 de 5It won't save changes to settings, and the default ones are unfortunately pretty awful.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 3 anosHi Miles, developer here. Dustman saves changes to settings, at least the way I do it. I edit a field and press "enter". Doesn't that work for you, or did you expect something else?
What would be more reasonable default settings in your opinion?
- por JustBoris, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5UPDATE to UPDATE: found the culprit, and it wasn't this add-on.
I am a really bad tab collector, because it takes far far too long to Ctrl-D, add tags, and save (NOT!). Dustman is good incentive to do the necessary work.
It's missing a counter on the icon which indicates the number of binned tabs though as sort of an indicator to do something; a notification popup is not necessary but .. some might want it. I could also use a restore-all options from the bin - the default bins tabs from 20 minutes old, and delete them when you exit. If you have a significant number of tabs open when you install it you will lose almost all of them when you close the browser.
- por Usuário 13454772 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I need this feature, but this Dustman is a madman. As soon as I installed it, it closed 450 tabs and remembered exactly 0 of them. What the heck? How about some more sensible defaults or a soft start, or at least a limit to how quickly it can close tabs (say, one tab every 5 seconds)?
Also, I'd like to be able to lock tabs that I don't want to be automatically closed.
- por SlimeQ, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Does what it says. I do wish the default was not so short however, I had well over 1000 tabs open when I installed it (including ~20 i was using today) and it just immediately closed almost all of them. This is sort of what I wanted, but I would have liked to keep the ~20 I had opened today. I'm using tab tree so this is sort of reasonable. I'm aware that I am an outlier, though.
Appears to work, just after install. I configured it to clean up tabs after 2 weeks, with a minimum of 40 tabs. Thanks for the extension!
- por Leo2, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5After updating of FF to v56 and Dustman to v.2 it doesn't remove tabs from the closed tab lists when you reopen them. Also, in the settings for the max # of closed tabs disappeared. My system is Linux Mint 18
Thank you for the answer. Can you make the max # of tabs selectable? I usually set them 100 or 150, but in the new version is is unclear how many are stored.
To store all closed tabs can be inconvenient and will lead to storing obsolete links.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 3 anosHi Leo2, thanks for the feedback.
The v2 version is a complete rewrite of the v1 version to stay compatible with Firefox 57. Given that I'd never used the closed tabs list, I seem to have forgotten some things. Will fix them soon.
Regarding the max # of closed tabs setting: Did you actually use this? I assumed that most people would either want all their closed tabs to be saved or none. Currently, Dustman simply saves the last 100 tabs, and forgets the others if the appropriate setting is checked. Would you rather set a bigger (reasonable) limit, say 1000?
Answer to update (wow, the comment system is inconvenient here!): Sure, I will take care of it in the next few days.
Update 2: I think both issues should be fixed now.
- por NIce, há 4 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Very Good and useful, wish i known this plugin exist before on average i have 30 tab open
@dlegate that how private Browsing work, addons will not be able to read what website you're visiting
- por Usuário 10143520 do Firefox, há 4 anosAvaliado em 1 de 5It seems that addon cause of memory leaks and slowdown browser. Forced to disable this useful addon. Please fix. It appears on latest firefox version(s): 48.0
- por dlegate, há 4 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Sadly, this Add-On does not work in the Private Browsing Window, which is kind of essential for me, and I would assume others. I login with multiple identities to test my apps. Works great in the main (non-private) windows though!
- por JimW, há 5 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5Very nice works exactly as described. I used this to replace another tab auto-closer because it stopped working for me. One feature I think would benefit Dustman is modifying the soon-to-be-closed tab title color. Or some indication of a tab that is going to be closed soon.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 4 anosSounds like a good feature. Unfortunately changing tabs colors could cause some problems in future, so instead Dustman will be changing favicons. This feature will be added in 2.0.0 version, but I don't know yet when exactly it will be released.