Avaliado em 4,3 de 5
4,3 de 5 estrelas
- por Usuário 9812016 do Firefox, há 6 diasAvaliado em 1 de 5I have had this for Firefox for over a year with no problems but since Sunday it has been blocking Youtube. Not just the ads it has been preventing the videos themselves from playing. I was getting nothing but error codes. So after trying everything and discovering there was nothing wrong my PC and noticing that Youtube videos were playing fine on Yahoo and any other websites that had them I decided to switch of my Ad Blockers to see what happens. So I turned of Ad Block and discovered it was blocking Youtube. So now I have it disabled on Youtube. Luckily I have uBlock Origin and Ad Blocker for Youtube installed.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 5 diasGlad to hear you were able to resolve this issue. It sounds like the behavior is inconsistent regardless of the ad blocker being used: https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/fmerf2/ads_on_youtube/. If you're seeing ads on YouTube with AdBlock installed please try updating your filters and signing out and back into your YouTube account. If you still see ads, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we're happy to take a look! --AdBlock Support
- por Nephalès, há 10 diasAvaliado em 1 de 5Impossible à installer.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 10 diasSi vous ne lisez pas l'anglais, s'il vous plaît collez le texte ci-dessous dans Google Translate. Steps for uninstalling AdBlock are available in our Help Center: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000055763. If you are on a site that prevents ad blockers and AdBlock has been removed from your browser, something else is preventing access. This article will help: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000161397. If you need personalized assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com; we're always happy to help! --AdBlock Support
- por corvin, há 14 diasAvaliado em 1 de 5i loved using this addon but now its advertising its own premium service by having it show up a warning saying my ad block software is out of date.
sorry but after years of this being free it has jumped on the premium band wagon removing stuff that was free and is now behind a paywall.
sorry but no more, an ad blocker using ad's for its own software premium is a step to far
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 14 diasHi corvin, AdBlock is still free and blocks ads just as it always has. We do offer Premium options (that don't change the ad blocking services you've always enjoyed) which you can read about here: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000195093. Could you send a screenshot of the warning you are seeing so we can take a look? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you! --AdBlock Support
- por Aakash, há 14 diasAvaliado em 3 de 5Add blocker with some its own adss... not blocking many ads :( sad to see it to go from my browser now :(
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 14 diasHi Aakash, Could you reach out to us at email@example.com with a screenshot so we can take a look at what you are seeing? Thanks so much! --AdBlock Support
- por syn294, há 17 diasAvaliado em 3 de 5Always got this error message: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: nKXJSBrXjhF2TUc9)
or something similar when playing youtube videos. If i left it for a couple of seconds, the video will just play by itself anyway, but nevertheless still kind of annoying
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 17 diasHi syn294, We're not able to consistently reproduce this error on YouTube. Could you check to make sure your filter lists are updated? If the issue persists after updating your filter lists, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your debug data: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000087856. In the meantime, reloading the page seems to be the fastest way to dismiss the error message (disabling EasyList will stop the error but will also allow ads to appear). --AdBlock Support
- por Usuário 13958735 do Firefox, há 19 diasAvaliado em 3 de 5I've used this Adblock in multiple browsers, usually good. Having issues Mar 2020, Adblock is blocking entire videos on YouTube... Found work around to get videos to work, disabled "Easy List" in settings...
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 18 diasWe're not able to consistently reproduce this error on YouTube. Could you check to make sure your filter lists are updated? If the issue persists after updating your filter lists, please reach out to us at email@example.com and be sure to include your debug data: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000087856. In the meantime, reloading the page seems to be the fastest way to dismiss the error message (disabling EasyList will stop the error but will also allow ads to appear). --AdBlock Support
- por Teg, há 20 diasAvaliado em 1 de 5Every time I close firefox, I have to go back into options and reapply every block list, as it defaults to no protection at all.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 20 diasHi Teg, Thanks for reporting this issue. We're not able to reproduce this on our end. Please try reinstalling the extension and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the problem persists. --AdBlock Support
- por Usuário 15728422 do Firefox, há 23 diasAvaliado em 1 de 5With the most recent update sometime in 2020, this add-on is now broken. It no longer blocks video ads on YouTube, it doesn't block ads on some sites and you can no longer block ads by selection. I don't know what the developers were thinking by updating to this broken version, but they need to rethink that change. 1 star.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 20 diasHi, We believe this is an issue related to being unsubscribed to our primary filter list, EasyList. To enable EasyList, please click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Options. On the Filter lists tab, select "EasyList". Refresh the page where you were seeing ads. This should resolve this issue but please reach out to us at email@example.com if the problem persists. --AdBlock Support