- Autor: Visual Notes, 3 miesiące temuOcena: 5/5At first I could not believe that this extension really combines ALL assets in a single HTML file, that a 1:1 image of a page can be archived with correct display (including all links).
After seeing the saved file, I saw images converted to base64, but still couldn't believe that at least external links to JS and CSS files are not used here: so turned off the internet connection and cleared the browser cache. Result: the page was still displayed correctly!
It really does combine HTML and all assets into one single HTML file.
This is really impressive!
As another user remarked: we've been wishing for this since the 1990s! Wow. Thank you!
- Autor: glocal, 3 miesiące temuOcena: 5/5I have been waiting for this since the late 90s! Absolutely essential for academic and serious archiving work. It produces a single file, the file is indexable, it adds source/date metadata, it edits/annotates, it saves selectable sections and links, it autosaves, there is a version for all major browsers, the saved file opens in any browser without the need for an addon so it's browser agnostic and future-proof, and more. The only thing missing (I think) is being able to edit/annotate the previously saved file. Brilliant and should come as standard in all browsers.
EDIT: Actually, you can edit/annotate previously saved files and SingleFIle cleverly won't touch the info bar if there is one already. Excellent! 6* for that. Now I wish you could select first and then click on the highlight button rather than the other way round :)
- Autor: Firefox user 14684176, 3 miesiące temuOcena: 5/5Excellent and incredibly useful add on!!! You can also save the website URL within the Single File HTML file by turning on the option "include the infobar in the save page" option.
- Autor: Firefox user 15037318, 4 miesiące temuOcena: 5/5FOR THE DEVELOPER, BIG PROBLEM FOR ONE WEB PAGE:
For the web page "The Best Small Business Accounting Software for 2021" at https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-small-business-accounting-software
On this web page,
---the section "Our 10 top picks", only the visible part of the table is saved!
---the section "the compared specs" table, again only the visible part of the table is saved!
Otherwise, I want to thank the developer for this addon that nearly all the time does a great job at saving a web page.
- Autor: Yogi_Monk, 4 miesiące temuOcena: 5/5Thank you for this helpful add-on!!
...it works as intended
...has many useful options
...is a great time saver
....is dead simple to use
One suggestion is to add tool-tips to the formatting page with names for the different tools (Highlighter, Notes etc.) so that it's clear what each button does.
That's it...thank you once again for this wonderful add-on! Maybe browser makers should think about accepting it as a webpage saving standard! :)