- Autor: Firefox user 13574269, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5The new interface and options screen is not very good. It used to be slick looking now its just confusing and ugly. Reminds me of very old websites where the fonts are huge and colorful. Long time users can probably find their way around still but new users will think its a piece of junk.
- Autor: Firefox user 13573279, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Hopefully, NoScript will soon be a usable piece of software again. The options are manageable but difficult to use without manual or tutorial. It is possible to form a group via the input field. But then you have to edit each line individually. It would be good to have a checkbox in front of each line. The selected operation should then apply to the selected rows. I find it unfortunate to have to give lines the "default status", then close the window and open it again to remove entries. Where is the problem with the "Delete-Button"? To the user interface could be improved much more. Html is powerful if you know to use it. I hope, you will find the time to improve this. I believe, it will take less then 3% of the time to code the base, but these 3% could lead to 99% user-satisfaction. Thank you.
- Autor: Firefox user 13572041, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5While I am personally also not quite happy about the recent version change, I am glad that this add on receives active development. It is a GOOD addon, despite the fact, that not everything has improved with the recent update.
There are bound to be setbacks when redeveloping large parts of an application.
Personally, I like the interface, but there are some things I miss from the old interface - like the option to allow scripts globally (temporarily), which I find necessary at times. To do that, I have to go into the configuration screen- which has a bug and freezes for about a minute - on all my machines.
I'd like to thank the developer for the effort he put into this. Please keep up the good work, I am sure this addon will receive top reviews again soon!
- Autor: Firefox user 13569810, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5It took me 2 hours of playing with this new version of noscript, but I've finally figured out how to use this non-intuitive version. I was like most here thinking it was totally ruined, but in fact I just had no clue how to use it. One nice thing, clicking "Trusted" only temporarily trusts a site (unless you click it twice). Be careful when playing with "Default" -for any site- as it changes settings globally (not intuitive at all)!!!
- Autor: Firefox user 13566908, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5I have used noScript for years now. It is an essential part of my browsing. However since Quantum the UI for it is no longer intuitive and I am having issues running other extensions such as flipIt (flipboard) because I see no way to allow flipboard script to run.
I would really like to see the old UI return as it was way more intuitive. Now I have to go through multiple steps to get to the allow script option for just a few scripts on a page.
Also if there is a method in which to cross check what kind of scripts are running when using certain extensions like flipIt (flipboard) are activated that would be fantastic as well.
As of now it appears I need to run my fireFox without no Script because I am not able to get the functionality I once had before Quantum. Which I am sure will sooner or later become available.
thanks for the work on this addOn it is great!
Only reason it is 3 stars and not 5 is because it is not quite there as far as quantum compatibility and functioning.
- Autor: StevenH928, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5I understand everyone's frustration but they need to take into account that Firefox has drastically changed an add-on authors are having to recreate their work from scratch. The fact that this person has chosen to tackle this challenge is to be commended and I'm sure as time goes by more functionality will be added, bringing it closer to the product you know and love.
So just chill and let the coder do his thing.
- Autor: Firefox user 13558998, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5NoScript my favourite extension, made browsing the internet a joy with no unsolicited popups.
But new interface for Firefox 57 is so useless it nearly makes it impossible to use.
It doesn't seem to save page settings for some sites, so you get constantly have to set the settings again for that site.
And the completely missing auto page reload of the old version is complete missing.
So please either put back the old interface or spend some time and make improvements to the layout of the new interface.
- Autor: Pairofolives, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5"In order to operate on this tab, NoScript needs to reload it. Proceed?"
I see this a lot lately. Seems the extension isn't working well. Also, the status icon isn't always showing correct status.
- Autor: Firefox user 12255157, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5If I go to the Firefox extensions and click on "More" for NoScript, then click on the reviews to get the reviews for the script and then click on the button to sign in so that I can comment, Firefox gives me a 500 error if NoScript is enabled - even though mousing over the icon in the tool bar shows 0/0. If I disable NoScript I can log in without a problem. I found a similar situation on an on-line banking site last night - even though NoScript showed 0/0 I had to disable it in order to be able to submit a form.
In V10.1.4 this no longer seems to be a problem - at least for logging in to post reviews here, I haven't tried the banking site again yet.
- Autor: Firefox user 12962480, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Having initially thought this extension was the cause of some websites not working properly, I uninstalled it and continued to have trouble. I then found that AddBlockPlus can cause some websites to not work correctly and they work after disabling ABP. Reinstalled NoScript and doing further testing.
However, I'm not particularly rapt in the UI.
- Autor: Firefox user 13552634, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5The new version was horrible to begin with, but it's been gradually smoothing out. The new interface still feels odd, but I'll let it ride a few weeks and see how it shapes up. For the most part I've been browsing the sites that have existing rules from the old version without issues. Today, however, I logged into Office 365 for a customer and nothing at all would load. The only option in NoScript was for Microsoft.com and it was already allowed. I had to disable the extension to get the website to work in Firefox. I would think this is a pretty high profile site that should not be having those sorts of issues.
- Autor: randy826, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Every time I click on the NoScript icon to set allow/block sites, the Firefox window is un-maximized. Very Annoying! I preferred the original method with the simple drop-down list. It was much easier to see the status of each site and to change the status.
- Autor: Firefox user 12980506, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5It seems much less effective than before, I can't figure out how to exclude primary domains from filtering as I could do before. And don't know why window resizes when the icon is clicked... Dài grande Giorgio, ce la puoi fare!
- Autor: Firefox user 13548239, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Horrid excuse of a script blocker. Firstly, I can't even get it to just open normally, it has to open a whole tab of everything I have open, not just the tab I am on, secondly, clicking the icon, takes me out of full window mode, into smaller window mode which is just annoying as can be. Why can't you make it as user friendly, and easy as ScriptSafe on Chrome?
- Autor: ExplodingCore, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5One of the most important add-ons!
I miss the old design, although I have to say the new one gets better and better with each update.
Unfortunately there is a bug in the latest version. Every single time you click the NoScript Button, Firefox is forced to windowed mode. Very annoying.
- Autor: Firefox user 13541802, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5For people having problems with NoScript blocking sites even when they are trusted: I found that removing the add-on completely (rather than disabling it), restarting firefox and then reinstalling the add-on fixed this for me. Sites now appear to respect the settings I select in NoScript. I guess this is something to do with needing to request the proper permissions from firefox, and NoScript is perhaps failing to do this for people who updated automatically?
In any event, the new GUI is a bit of a mess. I don't think I'd have any clue how to use the current version if I hadn't seen the old version and knew that I was expecting to choose between permanently or temporarily allowing scripts etc. Words are always better unless you're expecting your users to be using an icon almost constantly.
- Autor: Firefox user 13540287, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Having used NoScript for several years and never having supported makes it a a bit difficult for me to give it one star, hence the three. My situation is the same as reported by many others, the UI is just over-complicated, not all scripts show on the list, when I (de-)authorize scripts often the page does not reload and the problems continue. I had to disable it yesterday after giving it a try for 1+ weeks, but I sincerely hope that this returns to what it used to be - one of my TOP5 security/privacy apps for FF.
- Autor: Firefox user 13459771, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5Вам не кажется что в крайнем обновлении дополнения NoScript(10.1.3c3) перепутано назначение ярлычков "Доверенные" и "Временные" во вкладке "TRUSTED". У меня наоборот, "Temporalily allow(TRUSTED)" запоминает насовсем, а "Trusted" запоминает временно,до отмены или перезагрузки браузера.
NoScript version 10.1.3c3. Браузер версии 57.
- Autor: Firefox user 13538993, 4 lata temuOcena: 3/5This really was a must have for all users of Mozilla, I had been using this add-on several years ago, and it help me to block a lot of trash content like banners, pop-up windows, etc. However, since the last update of the web browser (57), this does not work anymore, blocks everything, and is hard to understand how it works.
I know all the hard work of the developer to keep running this add-on, and I know this is not your fault, but please, make it work again, no pressure. Your app was really good!!!