- Ocena: 4/5Autor: ovnis82, 3 miesiące temuHi!
Good add-on but I have got some issue:
When I make search with the Firefox search bar with this site:
On the website page translation result, I have "+" between words I have entered in the search bar.
For exemple, if I have entered this "Je chante dans la chambre", the website displays "Je+chante+dans+la+chambre".
How to avoid that issue?
(I have entered this on your plug:
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: Jeff NME, rok temuThis works quite well, once you work out the proper URL of the website's search box. It seems the way it works is to copy a sample search return URL (eg: for eBay Australia, https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=[EXAMPLE] ) and substitute [EXAMPLE] with the "%s" from the instructions
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: lolzilla, rok temuMust have, really useful. But for some reason I can't add Bing, the magnifying-glass with the PLUS sign "add Bing" option just wont appear. Haven't had issues with any other search engine though. I'm using Firefox ESR.
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: dc_coder_84, 2 lata temuI wondered why I cannot add eBay as a search engine. Turns out the name was already used internally some way even if I hadn't installed an eBay search. So "ebay" instead of "eBay" as search name worked but it would be nice if the user could get some type of feedback otherwise this is quite confusing.
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: MarkTwang, 2 lata temuedit: figured it out, though seems quirky
Used to work now I get this: When I manually enter a search engine and press "Add custom search engine" I get sent to the "Adding a new search engine via the URL bar" page, showing how to add a search engine with the 3 dot menu, but the option in the 3 dot menu never appears for the sites im trying to add. just like the other guy, will also fix the rating if the issue is fixed.
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: moka_a, 2 lata temuAlmost perfect. I'm having hard times deleting or fixing an engine (which happens to be Google FYI and) whose "Search URL" I tweaked and ended up making it invalid when I added it. Unfortunately it seems users are not allowed at all to edit added engines.
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: Charles, 3 lata temuThis is a lifesaver if you've come from Chrome, which is much better for search engine customization. It works very nicely, and unlike another add-on I tried, it will find the appropriate favicon for the search engine on its on.
Only real flaw is after you add a search engine, when you add the next it will by default continue using the last favicon. You have to always delete the current custom favicon url before entering the next search string if you want the write icon.
If you add a different url it should find the proper favicon. Short of that, there should be a "clear" button so I don't have to select and delete.
Also it won't let you add a nickname, but I'm assuming that's a limitation of Firefox.
- Ocena: 4/5Autor: Korwin, 4 lata temuВ Firefox 64.0b6 x64 под Windows 10 работает, но приходится все вводить ручками, а не визуально, без использования клавиатуры, как это реализовано в аналогичных дополнениях.