- Autor: Pestilence76, 8 miesięcy temuOcena: 5/5Truly the greatest cross-platform password manager available. I have use this software on 6 devices on iOS, macOS, and Windows with each having multiple web browsers and I have yet to experience any of the problems that generate the 1 star reviews and have to think that a majority of the problems are user errors.
Odpowiedź autoraData: 8 miesięcy temuHey Pestilence76,
Thank you for the awesome review!
It is definitely hard to build a cross platform software that integrates and works with 3rd party apps such as browsers and have it work perfectly for millions of users, but we sure are going for it :)
We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying 1Password on all of your devices!
Keep on rocking.
The 1Password team.
- Autor: Richard Careaga, 9 miesięcy temuOcena: 5/5I've been using 1P for years, first on macOS and now on Ubutnu. It's useful, helpful, solid, syncs well across Linux, macOS and iOS devices and apps and provides the right balance between nanny state and user autonomy.
The killer feature, however, is that this team is fanatical about updating, not to mention that the user update experience is seamless.
1P was the first app that I decided it was OK to subscribe to, rather than have a permanent license. It's a gottahaveit.Hey Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, much appreciated!
We’re extremely happy to hear you’re enjoying 1Password and loving every feature.
We’ll keep updating it and delighting your experience!
Have a good one,
The 1Password team.
- Autor: Vilma, 9 miesięcy temuOcena: 5/51Password is great! I had LastPass for a few years and it was working ok, but just ok, but it definitely went downhill fast! The last few months was a disaster. So I decided to change over to 1Password and it was the best decision I've ever made. It works flawlessly! Very user friendly and has all of the security measures that I need. I feel very confident that my information is protected by 1Password and I highly recommend it.
- Autor: Firefox user 17042646, 9 miesięcy temuOcena: 5/5Update
I did not expect a response from the dev but it was a pleasant surprise. I did see the responses to other reviews but wasn't sure. I tried the fixes/suggestions provided. They work, thank you. I was evaluating to see if i should purchase the family plan.
This proves the level the service they provide. Please keep this up. I purchased the plan for an year. Thank you.
For interested parties i did not use the same email address for this review as the free trail account in case of cheeky business :). They do respond to every review.
Ctrl+Period shortcut never worked. It opens app when i want to use the browser extension. Not sure why app is needed when i am using the browser extension.
It does not have an option (easily available) to generate new password. It does not allow me to choose the length and types of characters in the password it generated. The UI is clunky.
For writing this review i had to create a firefox account. It did not prompt to create password.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough landing with our extension.
Most of the points you’ve raised can be adjusted in the extension’s settings page (right-click the extension icon and select “Settings”).
In the settings page, you can change the keyboard shortcut to something else that is available and works.
You can also turn off the integration with the desktop app so the extension would work separately and won’t launch the desktop app at all.
You can generate new passwords in the generator, which is found in the extension’s menu - click the extension’s icon in Firefox’s toolbar, select the PLUS icon to reveal the menu and select “Password Generator”.
You can also change/set the default password recipe so it will always suggest your own recipe instead of our smart passwords.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email us and we’ll be happy to help you get everything working as you’d like it to :)
- Autor: Firefox user 17022433, 10 miesięcy temuOcena: 5/5Hard to beat 1Password, period.
The add-on would not unlock, it would do nothing, and normally previous versions 1Password add-ons work right away, after signing into the account. So I did try to remove, and install again. I did try to quit Firefox, and launch again with same results. At the end, after submitting to tech support, I re-started the pc, and 1Password toolbar started working flawlessly as ever. Tech support sent me a message with instruction, and follow up. This shows commitment, and response time was quick. I didn't need to follow their suggestions, since my problem was solved.
So, if you bump into same issue, remember to restart your desktop, we used to do that all the time before.
And you can always reach tech support for clarifications.
Odpowiedź autoraData: 10 miesięcy temuHey there,
Thank you for the great review!
We’re glad to hear things are working as they should after a simple restart to your computer.
Our tech support is always happy to help and will not rest until everything works flawlessly, so do feel free to email us whenever you may need :)
Enjoy your 1Password and stay safe,
The 1Password team.