- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Patrice, 4 år sidanNo permission asked = 11/10 or an easy 6 star
Once installed I got scared when i saw that i have more than 350 tabs open, but i was not really surprised... ;)
It does just one thing (total number of tabs), but it does it smoothly and well.
Simple and effective! well implemented with the FireFox UI without disturbing your eyes.
Strongly recommended to those who need to scroll horizontally to switch between tabs...
Thanks a lot to the developer/Perry
- Vurdering: 1 av 5av nd4spd, 5 år sidanCounter says "wait" all the time for seemingly no reason, especially considering it flickers with the value for such an insignificant time.Hi nd4spd,
I'm sorry that you're having this issue! In order to have the least impact on browser performance possible, the extension calculates the tab count display separately for each tab. When you switch to a tab for the first time, the addon waits a few seconds to count the tabs. When you first install the addon, it will not count tabs until you switch tabs at least once. However, if it always says "wait" after you install the extension and have started using your browser normally, then something is wrong. I will look into the issue!
- Vurdering: 1 av 5av Firefox user 13645190, 5 år sidanShows absolutely wrong number of tabs! I have 23 tabs opened and your extension shows 92!
That does not sound right at all! I will try to find the source of this issue. Please check the addon settings and ensure that it is not set to count the "total of all windows" or "both."
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Firefox user 13536088, 5 år sidanThanks for this practical add-on. I just miss the option to change text color. I like light colors but in that case number of open tabs is invisible (because it is always white). And also like someone before mentions it would be useful that you could change size of font (number) for us who don't have perfect vision any more :)Hi ClanR,
Unfortunately, Firefox controls the badge text color and size. I will implement this feature as soon as Firefox makes it available. Thank you for your review!
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Firefox user 13214482, 5 år sidanFirts of all very good addon,
I would like to know if it is possible to have an option to increase the size of the number of pages. the current size for me is a bit small (vision problems) and if it was configurable it would suit everyone, including those who see less well: D
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av ADvi, 5 år sidanCan you please add support for https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/tab-groups-panorama/ to show tab counter for current group only? Thanks for addon!Thank you for your review! Unfortunately, Firefox 57 deprecates that Tab Groups extension. The developer put a note in the addon description. The original purpose of this addon was to create a tab counter that would work with the new addon format used in Firefox 57 and beyond. I am open to adding counters for other Firefox statistics and easily-integrated addons, but I will not support an obsolete addon.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Mordor Escapee, 5 år sidanInstallation does not ask for any permissions, great!
The displayed number looks like sore thumb, too much attention grabbing, I had to change the background color in settings of the extension.I happy that the addon eventually worked out for you. How should I tweak the default icon and color so that it is initially less intrusive? Unfortunately, I am not the best icon designer.
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Cyberknight, 5 år sidanIt's about 66KB in size (packed), being the biggest contender (the smallest I've tested is 6.5KB, packed). It uses a timeout to update the badge, what I'm not sure is the best way of doing it (I've seen others using event triggers). It may be configured to show total tabs in all windows, tabs in each window or both (although that last option is not very useful, as there is a limit of how many characters can be displayed on a badge). Nevertheless, it has good options and works fine, using WebExtensions technology and is bootstrapped (no restart required).Thanks for reviewing my addon! This addon actually does use event triggers! However, I debounce the events to prevent an overload of updating the badges. This way, when restoring a session or opening lots of tabs at once, the counter doesn't impact the performance of the browser. Also, I apply the badge to each tab individually (as opposed to the default of globally to all tabs and windows) so that if you have two windows on screen, both will always show the right count for their respective window.