Vurdering av Firefox user 16705531
- Vurdering: 3 av 5av DisplayName, 3 dagar sidanUsed to be very good, but now none of the newspapers in Norway is working well.
Only text is visible in the feeds.
And why is 3 options in the setting "Remove tags from feed entries" greyed out ?
Can't enable "scripts", "objects" or "applets" ?
Ok, i will reply to the bug reporting mail.
Svar frå utviklarenposta 3 dagar sidanCan you give some feed URLs that aren't working as you expect?
Script, object and applet tag are automatically filtered out as potentially dangerous tags. Feed entry content should not need such tags and if it does, it should be redesigned.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av vexillia, 4 dagar sidanSo far so good. Of course there's a but.
I'm using view 5 with show unread only & manual "mark as read".
When I mark all the items in a folder read with shift-A they are marked as read in the folder view bur not the reading pane. I have to reload the page to remove the read items.
Likewise when I follow shift-A with shift-N, to move to the next folder with unread items, the viewing pane doesn't refresh and shows the read items from the previous folder.
If I'm doing something stupid please let me know how to get what I want.
Posted here because there's no bug or issue tracker available.
Svar frå utviklarenposta 3 dagar sidanWorks as designed.
1. When you shift-A a feed or folder with "show only unread" mode active, there's really no point in removing articles from the screen. Leaving them visible lets the user to undo the operation fully or partially.
2. When the user moves to the next feed or folder with shift-N, it's not guaranteed that the user wants to load the contents (especially if the user has automatic "mark as read" mode on). The user might very well want to skip to the next one without loading the contents. Therefore you need to press shift-O to load the contents. So shift-N, shift-O combination is the magic.
You can reach us via the Support email address that is on the front page of the Feedbro app page here in AMO. Reviews aren't meant for support requests or bug reports.
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av SmaugTheDragon, 11 dagar sidanThis is great, bro. Excellent alternative to the discontinued FF RRS feed.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av sonofevil, 15 dagar sidanI'm having the known autoplay issue.
Videos in this feed play automatically in Feedbro, ignoring my Firefox autoplay settings: http://feeds.feedburner.com/vice/oHrN
If I open the article in a new tab, the videos don't autoplay. It only happens in Feedbro.
Svar frå utviklarenposta 15 dagar sidanThat feed is incorrectly embedding YouTube videos. In the feed content they use tags like:
[iframe width="320" height="320" frameborder="0" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi846_OMVRA">[/iframe>
which embeds the entire YouTube video page (including comments etc) and makes the browser to autoplay the video.
Instead, they should be using proper embed URL which for that particular video would be:
[iframe frameborder="0" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pi846_OMVRA">[/iframe>
Note. html tags modified slightly (< to [) to make them visible here.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Mylk, 16 dagar sidanIt's fairly good rss reader, but if you want to delete an article or open the links in the background you have to do it 1by1, there is no possibility to select multiple.
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Aayan Saiks, 17 dagar sidanThis one is very useful for my business. I highly recommended this extension to every one.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Daywalker81, 20 dagar sidan4/5. Für den letzten Stern fehlen mir ein paar Sachen:
* Ich würde den CSS der Feed-Ansichten gern selbst gestalten. Ich hätte zum Beispiel gern in View Mode 1 die Titelleiste des Feed immer oben sichtbar (sticky). Oder in Ansicht 4 würde ich gern vollständig die Breite der Cards und die Höhe des sichtbaren Textes einstellen können (dann mit einstellbarem Zeichen- /Wort- / Paragrafenlimit).
* Tasten zum Löschen / Gelesen / Favoriten wären in jeder Ansicht auch in allen Listen sehr hilfreich.
Trotz meiner Kritik dein super Tool, welches ich täglich nutze.
Vielen Dank dafür!
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Firefox user 17759329, ein månad sidanGreat add-on for rss. Unfortunately it seems not working since last update(4.14.2 I guess), and the latest update(4.15.2) doesn't fix it for me.
The problem is that all feeds fail to update, but the "load" button in feed's properties return status "OK".
I'm on firefox version 110.0(64-bit) for ubuntu.
The problem is solved with the help of developers. It is caused by an incorrect entry at the top of feed lists with which Feedbro chokes and thus unable to update all other feeds. If similar problem occurs to you, try removing incorrect entry in your list if there's any.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av AA_WW, ein månad sidanThis is a great add-on. I use it every day but since the update of 17/03/23 ALL my feeds disappeared. I'm using 110.0 (64-bit) Firefox browser. Help please!
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Firefox user 14960273, ein månad sidanVk плагин перестал работать.
Svar frå utviklarenposta ein månad sidanThanks for the note. We have already fixed this and submitted Feedbro 4.15.2 but it's pending review in Mozilla Add-on Store review queue.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Ralf E., ein månad sidanHello, i really like this addon. I use it to notify me about new YouTube vidoes from my subscribed channels.
The only thing that i am missing is, when i click the popup, where the "blue number" appears telling you there are "XX" new entries, it would be great that after clicking on it, it would reset that blue number counter to 0. Just like YouTube does with its notifications.
Is this currently possible, maybe with rules ?
So, dont mark all articles read, just reset the popup blue number to 0 once you opened the popup.
To speak in coding language:
var popupLastViewTime = "08.02.2023 13:06:33"
and then, all articles older than that do not increase the "blue number counter", articles newer to that date, will increase the "blue number counter".
Svar frå utviklarenposta ein månad sidanThis won't be implemented. The reason is that the number on the Feedbro WebExtension icon tells the number of unread articles. The user might very well want to retain that information even after clicking the icon and reading a few articles. That's because the number would then remind the user that there are still some unread left.
If you want that number to go away, you can always use "Mark all as read" (first select the "All Items" main menu item and then click the green checkmark icon or press Shift+a) which will then mark all unread articles as read.
- Vurdering: 4 av 5av Firefox user 13407666, 2 månader sidanAlmost perfect, this extension only missing a way to sync feeds between computers.
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Firefox user 15166984, 3 månader sidanFeedbro rocks and I have been using it for almost two years. I noticed the developer checks reviews here so maybe I can make a feature request? I would really appreciate a Read/Unread button on the View Mode 4 tiles if that is possible!
- Vurdering: 5 av 5av Gordon Shumway, 3 månader sidanBeen using Feedbro for about a year now. It's great way to organize and manage my media consumption.
The defaults work well, but with a little tweaking it's a powerful tool to effectively build a custom feed without the manipulaiton of big tech.
I've observed no bugs or substantial flakiness, just seems to work.
Keep up the good work, Nodetics.
- Vurdering: 3 av 5av RA, 3 månader sidanFairly helpful, but impossible to configure the rules for accurate results. I don't want to see sports articles. But rules that single out, e.g., "NFL" don't work because the initialism is rarely in the title of the article. Setting the rule for content doesn't seem to work because Feedbro only appears to download the content of the article after I've clicked on it, so no time is saved from having to wade through the titles.
ETA: My reasoning behind the failure of the rules was apparently faulty, but the rules still do fail. I estimate I have about a 90% success rate, and the failure is more predominant in some feeds rather than others.
[solved] Also, for active feeds, a max limit of 100 articles per feed is insufficient. Go away for a day or two and everything old has disappeared before I get a chance to look at it.
Svar frå utviklarenposta 3 månader sidan1. Feedbro loads the article content when it scans the feed. Then it runs the rules that are in mode "New article arrives". So it is perfectly possible to filter out articles that have e.g. "NFL" either in the title or the feed entry content.
2. Right-click the feed in the feed tree, select Properties and adjust the max entries to save. It's not recommended to use a high value for many feeds though.