- Waardering: 2 van 5door ronaldgameking, 9 maanden geledenRandomly changes active page with "Page not available?" message even tho page is still available, just loading
- Waardering: 2 van 5door 5draonw, één jaar geledenWould be a perfect addon without this feature: "Detects dead pages, 404s, DNS failures & a range of other web breakdowns", beacuse often when I go previous page or Ctrl+Shift+T, this addon popups, blocking the page loading properly.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Kitty None, één jaar geledenSame complaint as everyone else: this addon would be SO useful if there was some way to dial down the sensitivity of the automatic redirect or turn it off — but since the addon hasn't been updated since 2018 I assume this bug won't be fixed. Hopefully someone picks up where they left off and implements this functionality into a working addon, because it's a great idea.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door nickb2, één jaar geledenMeans well but just kicks in too quickly and too often.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14879842, 2 jaar geledenSame issue as everyone else. You *cannot* throw a splash screen in my face every time a page fails to load properly. Have some respect for your user base - if someone is familiar with the Wayback Machine and chooses to install this extension, chances are they know how to navigate to the archive for dead pages via the widget! Please add a toggle. This is an issue I would have expected the Archive Team of all groups to be savvy to.
My primary reason for downloading was to be able to quickly save websites and contribute to the archive. While this extension makes that slightly more convenient, I would recommend that anyone seeking similar functionality just memorize this to prepend to the address of whichever page you want to save: "https://web.archive.org/save/". If you're more interested in the other function, you can instead prepend "https://web.archive.org/web/*/".
Other people have suggested that the page-down screens be converted into banners, and while this would be a huge improvement, I would really like to be able to disable all popups regardless of "intrusiveness." Again, this seems like something you guys would be sensitive to! I can't understand why it's designed this way.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Self-Perfection, 2 jaar geledenCan't use it: detection of down webpages gives too many false positives. And it messes with browser's history replacing original URL so you can't just click "reload" or "back" to get back to original URL. Have to uninstall.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door MrAureliusR, 2 jaar geledenThis extension is SO useful that I've put up with the awful automatic page-down detection for ages. But it's just gotten worse and worse. It doesn't even wait for the server to respond before redirecting to the page not available prompt!
I can see that this is the number one most complained about feature -- all you need to do is add a toggle so that we can disable the automatic redirects. That's it! If I could have this extension without the automatic redirects I would instantly give it five stars. I love archive.org and the Wayback Machine but this extension needs some love!
- Waardering: 2 van 5door William , 2 jaar geledenI love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely :-(
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Andrew, 2 jaar geledenFrequent false positives, obstructing access to working websites.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16376297, 2 jaar geledenIt does what it is supposed to do, but also does it WHEN it is NOT supposed to. It is often triggered when my (overloaded) browser takes a bit longer to render a page, which is VERY annoying. What makes it worse, sometimes pages REALLY timeout if the server is down and this extension doesn't react to that. The additional minus point is the lack of any configuration options to, say increase the timeout or completely disable that "feature". Besides that, it would be nice to have it work from the context menu on links so the target pages could be instantly looked up on the Wayback Machine. All being said, I don't have much hope any of this will be fixed as I've seen many people have complained about the same problem and nothing has happened...
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13797098, 2 jaar geledenNo option to modify how the app functions -- only enable/disable. Pops up MUCH too often, and seldom for the pages that I actually want to check the archive.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door TpmKranz, 3 jaar geledenThe “Page not available?” site opens even for some sites that work perfectly fine and prevents visiting these sites completely and this feature can't be disabled in favor of only manually visiting a site's archive.
Also the context menu entry only works for the current page, even if you right-clicked a link. I would've expected to be taken to the archive of the site the link leads to, but that could just be me.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door sdschramm, 3 jaar geledenVery annoying, this add on keeps popup up and taking over webpages that are not down and normally would load fine. Sounds like others are having the same issue. I guess I'll have to remove this if the developers are not going to fix it.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Jean Lo, 3 jaar geledenUnconfigurable, which gets annoying if one doesn't want to automatically (or always) see the archived version.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15249045, 4 jaar geledenA great addon but it sometimes thinks that a non 404 page is a 404 page, which is very annoying
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15184521, 4 jaar geledenIt redirects many pages that are working just fine to the "Page not available screen", and there isn't a way to disable that part of the addon. I really like the ability to open a page in the wayback machine, but this addon gets in the way of my regular browsing too much.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14540481, 4 jaar geledenToo aggressive when sites don't load immediately. It was nice the one time the site actually was down, but not the fifty other times my internet just was slow.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door ꜱᴩʀɪᴛᴇ➀, 4 jaar geledenIt keeps taking over pages even if they do load. I end up having to click on the back button mltiple times because it keeps insisting that the page is missing when I can see it perfectly fine before it redirects it half a second later.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14215346, 5 jaar geledenGreat in principle, but... as plenty of other users have noted, it's way too hasty in execution. I'm continually having to reload perfectly live, current pages because it's jumped in prematurely. As others have also pointed out, it's ludicrous that the obstructive pop-up can't be cancelled – all it needs is a 'Cancel' button.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14212480, 5 jaar geledenAs a lot of people noted, too eager to display page that will take you to archives. Please, at least make setting that would disable that pop-up. I'm totally fine going into menu and asking for archive page from there if the page doesn't load. What I'm not fine with is when pop-up blocks otherwise working page.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14191726, 5 jaar geledenAsk me to see archives when the site is good.