- Waardering: 4 van 5door xerus, 4 jaar geledenWorks, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstThank you for the feedback.
TLDR; For users that are happy with the built in Reader Mode, there is no need to use this extension.
This extension was first created in 2012 when there was no built in Reader Mode in Firefox.
Once Reader Mode was introduced in Firefox, for a while the listing description of this extension encouraged readers to first try the builtin Reader Mode and use this extension only if/when the user is not satisfied with Reader Mode.
Reader Mode works on on web pages that have an "article" tag (to the best of my knowledge) -- it is not enabled on pages that don't have an article tag. This extension works on pages even without an article tag.
There are always some pages where this extension does a better job that Reader Mode; and the converse also holds true.
Here are some of the additional features that are available that some users like:
(1) Finer ability to customize fonts, font size, reading width, background color etc.
(2) Ability to save pages locally for offline reading (and to add annotations/notes to offline articles); export/import such pages (as opposed to using an online service like Pocket)
(3) "Continuous browsing mode" -- when in the transformed view, clicking on a link will automatically take you to the transformed version of the page referred to in the link
Refer to the extension listing for more features.
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15536011, 4 jaar geledenEu ainda não usei, mas fiquei muito interessado em conversar com o autror depois que li o prospecto e todos os releases. ¿Será que ele poderia trocar ideias comigo a respeito de meu projeto em desenvolvimento? > Multifokus Projekt< Soluções para hiperativos inteligentes que gostariam de ao menos uma tarefa terminar!
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14578967, 4 jaar geledenCIAO FOLKS...
GREETINGS FROM WESTMINSTER CA.
I HAVE BEEN A MICROSOFT & MOZILLA USER FOR MANY YEARS. I AM A RETIRED INTERNATIONAL BUSINESSMAN. I WENT TO HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL. I HAVE TRAVELED TO 31 COUNTRIES. I AM A VERY HAPPY USER OF MICROSOFT & MOZILLA.
I WISH ALL OF YOU A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE.
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13892648, 4 jaar geledenCustomizable to suit preferences.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstHi user 13892648,
Thank you for the review.
To get back to the original page you can either click on the browser toolbar button again or on the "Original Link" icon at the top right of the transformed page. Both of these should toggle back to the original page.
There is a corner case where the the toolbar button may not work in version 3.0.15 and earlier and in the "Original Links" button/icon in version 3.0.14 and earlier (this happens when the website URL has a "#" symbol). This will be addressed in the next release.
If you notice a problem toggling back to the original page with any other kind of URL without the "#", please update you comment with the problem URL or you can open a ticket on the github support site (https://github.com/ushnisha/tranquility-reader-webextensions/issues) and I will take a look and try to address any bug.