- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16024671, 8 dagen geleden"Hide Images -> Never" not working for the top image of NYtimes.com articles (first picture element in webpage). I installed the addon precisely for that website...
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 12849453, 2 jaar geledenLove the concept. Only immediate suggestion is that the dark mode Annotation colour is diabolical...i just set it to the same as background colour (#333333)...fixed....
- Waardering: 4 van 5door christopher bronowski, 3 jaar geledenTo be honest it hasn't been long enough. If you don't edit video all the time I say it's great so far. The content I produce is all over the place so I want to see if it reacts to insane content and if it plays tricks on how I think it will export. Basically see how it handles chaos and movement. i'll report back in and hour or a day.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door xerus, 3 jaar geledenWorks, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstThank you for the feedback.
TLDR; For users that are happy with the built in Reader Mode, there is no need to use this extension.
This extension was first created in 2012 when there was no built in Reader Mode in Firefox.
Once Reader Mode was introduced in Firefox, for a while the listing description of this extension encouraged readers to first try the builtin Reader Mode and use this extension only if/when the user is not satisfied with Reader Mode.
Reader Mode works on on web pages that have an "article" tag (to the best of my knowledge) -- it is not enabled on pages that don't have an article tag. This extension works on pages even without an article tag.
There are always some pages where this extension does a better job that Reader Mode; and the converse also holds true.
Here are some of the additional features that are available that some users like:
(1) Finer ability to customize fonts, font size, reading width, background color etc.
(2) Ability to save pages locally for offline reading (and to add annotations/notes to offline articles); export/import such pages (as opposed to using an online service like Pocket)
(3) "Continuous browsing mode" -- when in the transformed view, clicking on a link will automatically take you to the transformed version of the page referred to in the link
Refer to the extension listing for more features.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door circcc, 3 jaar geledenbug? grayscale icon is not applyed to context menu.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstThank you for pointing out this problem! I forgot about the icon displayed in the context menu.
I looked into the documentation and the icon is being picked up from a default icon value that is specified in a manifest file (packaged along with the extension).
However, I am unable to find any programming API that allows me to change the context menu icon (the documentation indicates that only icons for the sub-menus of the main context menu entry can have customizable icons). I will continue to look into this, in case I've missed something.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door prempatel8, 3 jaar geledenWorks very well, clean interface, just one request, I wish there was a option to keep the images along with the article, sometimes a article is describing a diagram and that images is necessary to read the article.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door zedux, 4 jaar geledenThe reader is probably the best for Firefox, but it didn´t identify the encoding of a page and the characters became messed. For example: http://www.planalto.gov.br/CCIVIL_03/_Ato2019-2022/2019/Decreto/D10024.htm
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstThank you for the review and the sample URL which is not processed properly. A fix for this specific URL is available now in the latest released version, 3.0.12. Please do let me know if you run into any other problems and I will try to address them.