- Waardering: 1 van 5Any tool becomes useful when we are instructed how to use it.
Of course we don't expect a long documentation for a tiny piece of code like this. But to provide the basic information is mandatory.
It's great to tell the users that "With Snap Links Plus you can open multiple links in to new tabs by drawing a selection rectangle. Etc. Etc." But it's indecent not to tell them HOW !!!
HOW TO DRAW THE SELECTION??? It doesn't work by simple drag and drop, nor by Ctrl+drag and drop or any other modifier + drag and drop. And even if it would work, it isn't tell where we would find the promised multitude of options: in the context menu? in a context menu automatically opened?
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Wrong!!! In this matter ten words are worth a thousand pictures. The two demonstrative pictures the developer added don't demonstrate anything.
it is a cheap excuse to tell that this add-on "is free and open-source". Trying unsuccessfully to use it did cost me a lot of time and frustration. And it is impolite to tell the users "Please report any issues or feature requests to our Issue Tracker." in other words: I don't care what are you saying here. The Issue Tracker is for technical issues. And it's even not an issue with the program, but with the documentation.When you first install the add-on, a welcome page comes up with more than minimal documention, that welcome page is on the front page of the website, but here is a direct link as well:
- Waardering: 5 van 5It is so wonderful to open a lot of links with one simple gesture. When it stops working, that's only for a short period, because the developer takes action quickly.
Snap Links Plus is a tower of strength.
- Waardering: 5 van 5great for getting youtube search results links. easy. just what I needed.
- Waardering: 1 van 5Had to revert back to Version 2.4. The new updates have made this addon 100% useless as well as effected other addons. LINK to revert: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/snaplinksplus/versions/
- Waardering: 1 van 5Although the problem with selecting links vertically was fixed (before it was going haywire and you couldn't choose properly), now there's no options so you can't customize it, and the fact that we are switched to the first open tab is especially annoying when you want to make various different selections on one page.
- Waardering: 1 van 5I used the older version of Snap Links Plus and it had an options button to allow me to change behaviors like whether I switched to the newly opened tab. I no longer have that option and the latest version of this addon is switching me to the newly opened tab. I don't want that. My FF is set to not switch to newly opened tabs, so where is this addon getting that setting and how do I disable it?
Just to note, the following two settings in about:config are set to false:
- Waardering: 2 van 5I've used this a lot over the years, I thought at one time that it should be added to the core build of Firefox. This latest version has completely destroyed what it was.
What's wrong in an overview:
- Completely removed the context menu on release so you can't decide what to do anymore or cancel an accidental selection/release
- All the options that came with the context menu are gone removing 99% of the functionality
- Unable to shape the box properly, one direction stays static and acts like a move function while the other resizes so you can never shrink a box
Badly done devs. Badly done. Now I have to figure out how to revert....
- Waardering: 1 van 5Going from 2.4.x to 3.x made it stop working. Go back to 2.4 till they have it fixed. I get no link on any site. 3.0 is Beta and should not be pushed.
- Waardering: 3 van 5Eigentlich ein super AddOn, aber seit FF50 öffnen sich die Links alle sofort im Vordergrund und es gibt keine Möglichkeit das abzustellen.
- Waardering: 4 van 5A (for me) very important feature is missing. In the original Snap Links, it was possible to draw a rectangle anywhere, even on a figure without mapped links. This was a great side-feature, as one could e.g. estimate coordinates of points on graphs, check the horizontal alignment of points, etc. It would be great if this behavior would be brought back.I know the current v3.0.x that's released is a minimal rewrite but what you're describing should work. The only cases where this shouldn't work is when the click begins on a flash object or an iframe. Could you, by chance, open up a bug report on this with a video of what you're describing?
- Waardering: 4 van 5Lastest version 188.8.131.52 is much improved and works great on Quantum (Firefox 57). When missing bells and whistles such as changing button assignment is added this will rate a 5.
- Waardering: 2 van 5I messed around trying different keyboard modifiers combinations and looking for basic instructions before finding out that you need to drag with the right mouse button - which isn't identified ANYWHERE. it just opens all links within in a new tab. So, not very convenient if what you want to do is mass download a bunch of files. I'll use Opera instead.
- Waardering: 3 van 5Before update I used this addon with mht files Excel (Save as mht and then open in Firefox). It's not working now! Please check and fix it! Realy need it!
- Waardering: 5 van 5if I could keep only five extensions, this would be in the list.
- Waardering: 1 van 5Great Addon. But not working in FF49.
- Waardering: 5 van 5Очень полезное и простое дополнение.
- Waardering: 1 van 5great addon but some comment deleted here
- Waardering: 2 van 5with FF49, Snap Links Plus lost settings, and many bugs appeared. The workaround is to rollback to previous version, and wait for a solid update.
- Waardering: 3 van 5using firefox 49 it has become awful:
first of all it opens links clicked at the end, not next to current tab, as before and tab selection has become larger, marking irrelevant areas,
I guess it's time for an update
edit: well, ok, but the new version sucks big time, while the old one worked like a charm, so I rolled back too, I don't care about electrolysis either, I'll disable it if I get a chanceMy apologies, the version that is now 'current' is a rewrite from scratch and was a first shot at it, the next release will have many more features and issues fixed. Coming soon.
- Waardering: 5 van 5It even works on Firefox 48.0 (the "uncompatible" sign isn't true, fix it pls)
- Waardering: 4 van 5unfortunately there is no ability to copy as a plain text
eg. if i set action: Copy Links to Clipboard and select links on this page
Clint Priest, Tommi Rautava and then paste them to excel or word instead url i get Clint Priest, Tommi Rautava.
i suggest add some hotkey or options to copy links as plain text so result after paste to excel would be plain text
- Waardering: 5 van 5version 46.0.1 this addon does what it says
- Waardering: 5 van 5FF46 broke this great add-on but the unsigned v2.4.3 works. I couldn't find this version on GitHub (the latest there was v2.4.3b3 and it didn't work) but you can find it under version history for this add-on here.
- Waardering: 5 van 5After I updated to Fire Fox 46, I can no longer select links in Snap Links Plus. I rely on this feature regularly, so this is a real problem for me. What do I need to do to fix it?
- Waardering: 1 van 5I used to use this all the time but ever since I updated to firefox 46.0 I can't select multiple links, I switched from the original snap links to snap links plus because the older one was discontinued but I may have to find a new add-on if I can't figure out how to get this working :(