Waardering: 4,1 van 5
4,1 sterren van 5
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14053506, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Mozilla Version is 52.7.2... SAML Tracer is not working at all.. If i downgrade to lower version SAML tracer, it's works for a day and upgrading to latest version automatically. Could you fix this issue, as we are struggling a lot with this tool..Hi!
Firefox updated its own extension framework from version 57, breaking most extensions and addons:
This is obviously no an addon's fault. All the 1.x releases of SAML-tracer are compatible with this new framework, but then they won't work with older versions of Firefox that don't include it. The other way around, older versions of SAML-tracer don't work with Firefox 57 and later.
As such, if you want to keep using Firefox 52.x, you'll need to stick to SAML-tracer 0.4. If you want to use the latest version of SAML-tracer, though, you'll need to upgrade Firefox to at least version 57.
Finally, SAML-tracer does not automatically update itself. This is a feature you have enabled in Firefox. If you don't want your addons to update automatically, then you need to disable this feature.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14018827, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5Great tool, use it almost daily. However, seems to be broken with Firefox 60.0. Hopefully this can be fixed soon!
Edit: Although I'm still getting a blank window when first opening SAML Tracer, I noticed that right-clicking in the window will restore functionality. Not ideal, but good enough for now.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13811402, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5Hi there,
The add on is not working, it is not reading/showing any traffic, please solve it!
I'm trying to use it on Firefox for Redhat 7 and in a KVM Windows 7 that runs over the same redhat.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13897546, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5After upgrading firefox 59.0.1, the saml tracer is not loading correctly.
The tool bar on top is not showing.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13550324, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This new add on is a disappointment,
the scrolling starts and is not responsive in some cause to stop
there is no way to output the session http, parameter, SAML , at least that I have found
I had to get special authorities to be able to see the logs as our workplace has images they try to secure
the icon being on the top corner of browser, doesn't really assist assist since you still have to click on it to have it start, similar to having to go to tools and open. So we gained one click but lost in having to stop filter and auto scroll.
had to upgrade version of firefox I was using to be able to use
all in all not happy, like the old version and functionality better it had a five star as opposed to how it is now, it was very user friendly.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstHi!
The last version (1.0) was released precisely to make it work with the latest version of Firefox, as with the change in the extension framework the extension stopped working. This means we had to find a compromise solution and remove some functionality in order to have the extension out as soon as possible.
This was clearly stated in the release notes:
> SAMLtracer is now compatible with Firefox 57 and later
> thanks to the contribution of Jan Köhler.
> It includes a major redesign of the user interface. The ability
> to import and export traces is missing for the moment, but
> will be added back as soon as possible.
That given, it makes absolutely no sense to update Firefox to install this release of the extension, as you are losing functionality and some things are likely to not work. If you weren't using the latest version of Firefox, you should have stayed with it if SAMLtracer was critical to you and you needed the ability to import/export traces.
Resource filtering and autoscroll is still in place and working, though. Could you clarify what's the problem with those? I'm afraid I don't understand either why you say you needed "special authorities to be able to see the logs"?
- door Adrian308, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Although it works now with the new version of Firefox, v57, it lacks the possibility of importing or exporting the trace anymore. Can that be fixed please?
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13550503, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5I'm only giving three stars this time. Here is why....normally SAML tracer is a 5 star great extension, tremendously useful. BUT with teh new version lacking the ability to import and export.....its completely useless to me now for troubleshooting. I'll revert to an older version but I look forward to the newer update once its fixed. Overall GREAT tool!!
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13514377, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This is Addon is not working in the new Version of firefox , Please help :(
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstHi!
Unfortunately, this is due to the huge changes in the addon framework that happened in the last version of Firefox. Lots of other addons have the same issue.
In any case, we are working on it and hope to have a new release of SAMLtracer working on Firefox 57 very soon.
- door Stefan B. Christensen, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5Love this add-on and have used it quite a bit when working with SAML / ADFS.
I just wish that it would be updated to work with the latest FF Nightly builds that only support add-ons that are written as WebExtensions and multiprocess compatible.
- door DC, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5Very useful for general-purpose web service debugging. This tool captures a lot of the information you can get from a protocol analyzer, but SAML tracer is simple and quick.
- door James, 5 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5@Bas @Paolo I submitted a patch that has been integrated into the github version that allows the window to be resizable. If you want, you can clone that and install it manually.
- door Bas, 5 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Excellent addon to debug SAML problems.
I have one small issues with this addon: it doesn't allow me te resize the tracer window (Firefox 38 on OSX), which makes it quite hard to analyze the traces.
- door Thijs, 6 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5At our SAML based federation, we use this plugin extensively to study and debug SAML authentication flows between various IdP's, SP's and our gateway. We also recommend it to our customers, as well as service providers and developers as an insightful way to understand the SAML flow and identify the source of compatibility problems between products. The im/export functionality allows us to help debugging problems that we ourselves are not experiencing. Extremely useful and a huge timesaver.