- Waardering: 5 van 5door Narlem, 2 jaar geledenNever fails to be the best tool I have for my browser. Keeps all my downloads in a neat list that I can manage. There are also accessibility options that come with this manager. Very well made.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16758733, 2 jaar geledenCannot open files from the status bar.
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15573474, 2 jaar geledenI like to have the download bar at the bottom, but when I hover over a link the blue progress bar on the left side gets covered. Is it possible to put the blue progress bar on the right side?
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Matimail, 2 jaar geledenefficace et puissante (possibilité de scanner les liens de TOUS les onglets ouverts !) mais ergonomie pas évidente tout de même.
mais demande trop de droits dans le navigateur.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Fredisland, 2 jaar geledenEXCELLENT extension. But I had to deactive it because there is a strange conflict with VirusTotal website : it's impossible to connect with his account. With the extension deactivated, no problem.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door HuntingForPerfectExtensions, 2 jaar geledenI want to love this add-on. It is like, 70% there to be the perfect lightweight download addon for people who don't want to use an addon that requires an external application and don't need anything too complicated.
However, in addition to missing a few features I would really prefer to have, I found thee major bugs (well, one is arguably not a bug, just undesirable behavior that cannot be changed):
1. I think this was triggered by intentionally crashing the browser, since I'm a tabaholic and browser crashes are a fairly common occurrence and one of the reasons I want an addon that helps with resuming downloads. If a download is PAUSED, this addon seems to handle resuming no problem. But if it is CANCELED, and you use the retry feature, it will ignore the intended filename and use whatever filename was used locally on the source site. Sometimes these are the same, but very often (especially with, ahem, adult video sites) this is not. There is no way to easily copy the 'correct' filename and manually paste it to replace the one it uses instead. If you want to download that file again with the correct name and it's too long for typing it in manually to be practical, you're gonna have to go to the download page and just start it again.
2. The download bar can become completely inaccurate and miss several active downlods. The Ctrl-J screen shows them, they are in fact downloading, but they are not listed in the bar and not even included in the total download rate shown on the bar. This may be related to handling browser crashes and restores badly, I'm not sure.
3. The queue mode doesn't actually work. Again, this may be related to it losing track of some downloads on crash/restore, but I had queue mode set to download 2 things at a time, and it seemed to work at first, but after some testing I realized 4 things were downloading simultaneously.
In addition to these issues, there are a couple missing features many other download addons have that would be welcome here:
* a one click context menu option to start downloads
* an option to auto-select download locations by some preset criteria, the most obvious being source URL, file type, or if you wanna get really fancy, matching filenames to regular expressions
* a quicker way to skip duplicate downloads than going through the usual process of hitting "save link as", trying to save, getting a confirmation about the duplicate filename, canceling from the confirmation, then canceling AGAIN to close the primary 'save' window. I realize I'm just blaming the addon for default FF behavior, but this is default behavior a lot of download managers improve and this one does not.
CONCLUSION: this is probably great for casual users who just want to keep easier track of downloads and add a few useful features like checksumming. But it has some serious bugs preventing many of its features from actuallly being reliable, and is missing key pieces of other DL managers that make it ill suited for someone who likes to qeueue lots of files and wants an add-on that makes this process more convenient and resumes still queued downloads at a later time more elegantly. If the bugs were fixed and my only objections were missing features I'd give this a 4, but with the single most advertised and, to most users, probably important element, the download bar, having major bugs I found within minutes... Sorry, I gotta be harsh.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door EMDN, 2 jaar geledenI love the extension, all its functions are great for me, but I would like to know how to make the progress bar appear, when I download a file it would be assumed that I should load the percentage but it stays at 0% and when it finishes it says 100%, also when I download something it doesn't tell me how much time is left.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16675364, 2 jaar geledenподтверждение запроса на открытие файла убило смысл, этой программы, более того, эти запросы попадают в историю закрытых вкладок.
после многих лет пришлось удалить и вынужден использовать встроенные средства загрузки
- Waardering: 5 van 5door DestrockQc, 2 jaar geledenCan we live without it on firefox ? I don't think lol. The only problem I see with this plugin is the look of the download bar at the bottom. This is due for a redesign, it look like windows 95...
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Dewnan, 2 jaar geledenDownload Manager breaks virustotal.com website in FF-84, popping up a captcha and not working even after solving it. Disabling the addon and the site works fine. However in FF-64 it works fine. Must be a new FF settings. The addon needs updated.
Used to be five stars...