- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13547447, 6 jaar geledenSince Firefox upgraded to V57, the recent versions of the Roboform extension for Firefox are much less useful than they used to be - no upper toolbar and the optional lower toolbar randomly disappears or gets obscured; no option on the button interface to fill only or edit password fields, only fill and submit; a cluttered screen on the button interface that requires more clicks and provides fewer functions. Roboform blames this on the Firefox requirement to use Web Extensions, and Firefox pins the responsibility on Roboform to adapt its interface. In truth, Firefox is free and Roboform charges so Roboform has the most to lose if customers leave because of the reduced capability.. Even before Firefox V57, Roboform was becoming less useful because of two-factor authentication, two screen logins, sites that block automatic filling of password fields, and the like. I've used Roboform for many years, but at this point I would recommend that a new user try one of the free password managers.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13508668, 6 jaar geleden1) When started, it was a one-time purchase. Then it switched to require and annual repurchase.
2) Does not work with some programs like Thinkorswim.
3) Often will not FillForms saying it sees no open browsers.
4) It does a good job with it's prime mission of preserving PWs when logging in to new sites - often too good, saving multiple logins.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13508236, 6 jaar geledenI have been using RoboForm for years. The old Firefox add-on allowed you to place the toolbar at the top of the browser screen. The new extension does not allow that. When the toolbar is placed at the bottom of the screen, it hides information that I need to see from Firefox regarding URLs. This is a MAJOR problem and I may begin to look elsewhere for a password manager. PLEASE FIX THIS.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door RockofAges, 6 jaar geledenUsed to work great now not so much. Dose not fill on some of my web sights that it used to and no longer has the menu at the top. Don't like how it displays the passwords anymore.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13425117, 6 jaar geledenI am trying to do the latest update which demands using or installing Firefox and it does not work! Keeps telling me I need to download the latest version of Firefox. I do it and the same thing happens. Great program but this is a horrible pain and dropped you from a higher rating to 2. I am so frustrated, I would make it a 1.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Tyler , 6 jaar geledenThe Roboform login page keeps opening even when I'm not interested in using it to manage all my passwords. Some of my sites automatically login via Firefox or propritary programs. I can't seem to turn this feature off.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13411852, 6 jaar geledenNot as good as it was before after upgrading to V8
I understand that this is due to firefox upgrade, but a lot need to be done to get to the old good standard
The more i use it the more is frustrating me..it is incredibly slow compared to the old version!
I contacted them and they said it is my pc that is slow...ahah..how come it was working so well with the old version?
P.S. i am using it since at least 5 years ;o)
P.P.S. sometimes it "forget" his job..have a look: http://viraltecoop.com/images/roboformdoesntwork.png
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13254085, 6 jaar geledenInstallation attempts crashed Firefox repeatedly. Now "verifying add-on" is stuck in endless , so still no integration.
Becoming more cumbersome to use. Guess it's Chrome for me.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13378342, 6 jaar geledenI just updated to version 184.108.40.206 and have experienced several issues. It has not been able identify data fields on web pages that worked fine with earlier version. The menu no longer appears on pop-up windows such as PayPal log-in. It also appears to slowing Firfox launch to a crawl. Bid disappointment. Running Windows 10 (64 bit) fully patched and Firefox 56.0.1 (64 bit).
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13321745, 6 jaar geledenIf you read these reviews carefully, you'll see that most of the 5 stars are for the old version. The new version isn't nearly so good. The toolbar I accept has to be at the bottom, but why do we have to re-enable it every time we clear cookies? The old one didn't used to disappear like that. Nor do my other addons disappear every time I close Firefox. They remember their settings. Why can't Roboform?
Or if this is really beyond Roboform's coders, then why not have two versions, as someone else suggested. One version for those who want the toolbar and one for those who don't. It would be such a simple coding job to make that small adjustment. But too difficult for Roboform, apparently.
Then, unfortunately, you can't auto-fill your passwords for so many sites with the new version. The old one used to work perfectly with Gmail, for example, filling in your username as well as your password, even after it changed to two screens. Gmail must be one of the most visited login pages on the internet, and yet Roboform can't cope with it. Not to mention many other less common sites, like the popup for Cpanel, which the old version used to handle smoothly.
Shame, this used to be such a good tool, but I will be looking for a new solution next time my renewal comes up. I'm not paying for this again.
Bottom line, if you're new to Roboform and come with low expectations, you'll like it. It's better than nothing, definitely. But if you're "upgrading" (ha!) from the previous version, you won't like it at all.