- Waardering: 5 van 5can i use this for https://playmag.ir ?
- Waardering: 5 van 5I haven't had to touch this in a year and everything just works. Thanks for the great work!
- Waardering: 5 van 5Works great
- Waardering: 5 van 5Works well on Tor browser also! Thanks, EFF and Tor!
- Waardering: 1 van 5As default, Privacy Badger allows more than 1000 tracking domains. Why? So I do not use it!Unlike most other privacy tools, Privacy Badger automatically learns what to block over time.
We pre-train Privacy Badger for you so that it already knows about many popular trackers when you first install it. (Visit https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/08/giving-privacy-badger-jump-start to learn more.) But the database isn't fixed: Privacy Badger learns from your browsing.
To get answers to Privacy Badger questions, visit our FAQ (https://www.eff.org/privacybadger/faq), check out our GitHub issue tracker at https://github.com/EFForg/privacybadger/issues, or simply email email@example.com
Edit: To clarify, Privacy Badger starts blocking a domain once it sees that domain perform tracking on three different websites. The idea is to avoid blocking too much, while still protecting your privacy across the Web.
- Waardering: 5 van 5Along with uBlock Origin and Decentraleys, works best.
- Waardering: 5 van 5Love this addon. I use it everyday, fantastically designed, fluid and easy to use.
- Waardering: 2 van 5worked well but came with unintended effects: couldn't use my company's jira board (wouldn't load on browser) or PowerApps (got stuck in an authentication cycle. Don't know why this happened for PowerApps and not other Microsoft features such as MS Flow). Couldn't use either with this add-on in my browser so I had to removeHello!
Unfortunately, as you noticed, Privacy Badger may break sites while working to protect your privacy.
The good news is that you shouldn't have to disable Badger completely. When you run into something not working, you could try telling Privacy Badger to leave the site alone by clicking the "Disable Privacy Badger for This Site" button inside Privacy Badger's popup while on the site.
You can also let us know when a site is broken by clicking on the "Did Privacy Badger break this site? Let us know!" button in the popup. This helps us figure out which site fixes we should work on next.
Edit: The Jira issue should be fixed for all users with the next Privacy Badger update.
Edit2: So should the problem with PowerApps.
- Waardering: 3 van 5Resource heavy (uses an extra 40-50MB RAM) and not needed with any other script blocker (NoScript, uBlock, etc). But EFF is a solid org I otherwise support!uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger should work well together. uBlock Origin protects using blacklists. Since Privacy Badger protects by automatically learning about trackers as you browse, Privacy Badger might catch trackers that uBlock Origin doesn't know about.
When you write "resource heavy", what do you mean? You could tell us by posting on our GitHub issue tracker at https://github.com/EFForg/privacybadger/issues, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Edit: Do the other add-ons not consume similar amounts of RAM? In any case, this is best continued on GitHub or over email.