Waardering: 4,2 van 5
4,2 sterren van 5
- door cw3theophilus, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Popup blocker strict blocks many popups, but not all. There are some sites where advertisers have figured out ways to get past most popup blockers. Specifically on the test page Method 14/1, 14/2, and 17/1 goes through the popup blocker (I am using Firefox Developer Edition). Then on the settings page the checkboxes for the options are missing. Also clicking on the addons icon should not just turn it on and off, but bring up a menu to get to the settings page, disable for certain sites, enable, disable, and other options. It should remember settings for certain sites and there should be the ability to white or black list sites by clicking on the icon.
- door tipar, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5Yes, the remember the pop-up blocked will be a great feature to add in the future but for the moment I got rid of all those pop-ups craps I used to have. For those who the addon seems not to work a hint; it used no to be working on my Mozilla Firefox but I restarted factory due to some other problems and the addon started to work one hundred percent. Thanks to the developer.
- door chris p, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5i like everything for the most part, with one exception. certain sites i frequent spam a popup on every click and this blocker should remember the rules and domain of the last blocked popups url request and block without the need of the prompt ever time and the blacklist seems to have no effects.
- door U64, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5It certainly does what it's supposed to do, and does it well. I enjoy using it.
Must agree with Mr_Blue_ in that the settings menu needs work. Hence one star less.
The other missing star is because this is compatible with Firefox Mobile, but the implementation really needs work there. It blocks the popups, all right, but the problem is that you have no easy access (or access *at all*) to the settings; there are no options of any kind in about:addons and, when the popup is blocked, you get no warning (the box with trust/deny/redirect/etc.), which hurts its usefulness. Sure, part of it can be blamed on Firefox Mobile being what it is, but still...
I'll gladly change the ranting once the concerns are addressed.
- door Dunamis, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5I reviewed This not so long back saying how could of a popup blocker this actually was. After using it for a few weeks or so, ive noticed that this addon surely needs a decent options menu. Looking for sites in your whitelist is horrible. It takes ages if you have alot, which you will after continuous use. Please make a decent options menu, to be able to edit sites ect. Then it will be a superb popup blocker like i first stated.
Please add a decent Options menu guys.