- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17983605, 2 maanden geledenRecent updates caused an issue when multiple web addresses do not work for a single password entry anymore. On previous versions, I could separate multiple hosts by semicolon, for example, "https://127.0.0.1;https://localhost;https://mysite.com". And when I navigate to any of the 3 sites, NordPass would nicely suggest a password entry. Now, I have to create 3 separate password entries for each hosts separately. That's a huge step back. And why the extension does not allow to automatically populate credentials when I select a password entry from the list provided by the extension (when I click on the extension in the right top corner, would be nice to have a function to "fill in"). For instance, I'm on Google site and I want to populate Microsoft credentials into the login form in one click. I would open up the extension, find the password entry I want to populate, click on it and select "fill in". That would be an ideal functionality. Now I have to (1) open up the extension, (2) find the password entry, (3) copy username to clipboard, (4) paste the username to the login form, (5) open up the extension again, (6) find the password entry again, (7) copy the password to clipboard, and finally (8) paste the password to the login form. The way NordPass functions now is too cumbersome and too many steps are required to do simple tasks. I'm really considering switching to another password manager when my subscription ends.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16945913, 10 maanden geledenIt always makes my browser experience in Firefox very slow. Firefox itself tells me that this extension is the one making everything slow, and this has only happened to me with Nordpass. Otherwise it works mostly ok, it does not recognize the log in places of some websites.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Qaz1, één jaar geledenThis is so much fuss its more irritating than helpful. Here is why
1. You must have the application installed on the PC for the extension to work.
2. It seems (not confirmed) to interfere with NordVPN's connection on PC start up.
3.The extension constantly pops up telling me to log in when ever I input a password if the Desktop application is logged out.
4 The desk top application constantly logs out.
5. The layout is a mess. The folder view is not available in the browser you must drop to the desk top application and its squished by default.
6. Launching a website is not smooth but very clunky and needs another fuss to fill in the password once launched.
They really need to rethink this to make it more user friendly and smoother.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaaréén jaar geleden geplaatstHey! NordPass offers an auto-lock feature, with which you can select for how long you would like to be signed in. However, do note that if you restart your device, you will need to log in with the Master Password again. Regarding your issues could you contact us via email at email@example.com and we will help you solve your inquiries.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16769861, één jaar geledenI'm not sure what I missed but the app is loaded along with the extension and the app doesn't offer to auto fill or even suggest a PW. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It seems to be auto filling now. I will edit my review in a few days.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaaréén jaar geleden geplaatstHello! 👋After confirming a 4-digit code pairing code, the NordPass application pairs with NordPass extension. If you have not received this code, try to press on NordPass extension and confirm it. After doing so NordPass autofill icon should be visible on login fields and after pressing on it you will get autofill suggestions. Please make sure that the NordPass extension is not locked. If the issue still persists, could you contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org? They will take a closer look at your case.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Captbiggles, 2 jaar geledenI've been using the NordVPN product for some time now and am very happy with it. Having been presented with a cross-sell for the NordPass and having read some information on how you shouldn't keep your passwords stored inside the browser, I installed the Free version of NordPass to see how this would perform compared to browser password security. I use the Mozilla Firefox browser on a Mac. But with the new Mac OS Monterey, Apple have seemed to beef up the security for the Safari browser and have added functionality such as IP address cloaking as well as passwords that browser logins that are protected via the encrypted keychain Apple system... so not sure what is safer - NordPass or the built in Apple system etc. have yet to read up about it.
Initially installing the NordPass product was easy and importing all my login details was a breeze. It did get a little confusing with having a master password to access the vault and Recovery Codes etc, but nothing that wasn't manageable.
My Mac is equipped with a fingerprint reader which works fine all times, and takes the hassle out of having to remember passwords anyway....though I have found that getting access to my NordPass password vault is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes the Vault asks me to manually enter my password, with no option of fingerprint access - other times the finger print scanner works to access this, as it should.
Also, increasingly I have noticed that the extension hangs sometimes inside Firefox, in that a login page is presented to me, I can see the little NordPass icon in the input field, but clicking on it does not present me with the autofill credentials needed to get into the website. This has happened on a couple of occassions now. The result is, that a simple webpage login seems to take forever and gets very frustrating with trying to load the extension and figuring out why it isn't populating the required login fields. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong.
Right now I am having an impossible task trying to get into Ebay. The autofill isn't working, and when clicking on the NordPass browser extension, it attempts to draw the window but then remains blank...thinking abiout it.
I would give more stars if I didn't have these continual frustrating moments now and again...login to websites shouldn't be this difficult.Hello! We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. You can find guides, and instructions on how to successfully use NordPass in our Help Center here: https://support.nordpass.com/hc/en-us. If you are unhappy with any of the features, or if you need troubleshooting assistance, you can contact us at: email@example.com. 🙂
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17260692, 2 jaar geledenAs Randy below said, it doesn't work and you need to click things manually, is this a bug that is going to be fixed soon?
- Waardering: 2 van 5door TechGuy, 2 jaar geledenPotentially a nice add-on, if it would only start when Firefox launches. Seems like 1 out of 10 times will NordPass add-on actually start correctly. Doesn't seem to matter if the NordPass app is open or not.
Also, when it is working, it doesn't seem to work with all websites - it doesn't always detect a password field.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17226916, 2 jaar geledenI had expectations wrt NordPass but in most of the cases, extension is not opening or not identifiying the site. So, autofill not working and then obliged to copy/paste passwords from the main window instead...
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16182734, 2 jaar geledenThe extension often loses connection with the app making it kind of pointless. The support is less than helpful when resolving these problems, since in the end removing and reinstalling the extension sometimes fixes the problem, other times it will randomly disconnect, or crash the application itself. Overall a terrible user experience and all their developers should feel ashamed.Hey there! Thanks for your feedback ― the issue is known and our developers are already working on a fix for this. In the meantime, let us know if we can help you with anything!
- Waardering: 2 van 5door dalon, 2 jaar geledenOne problem: Periodic message report, slowdown caused by this extension. Firefox reports its as such.
Two problem: I open my firefox nordpass connects, but after using it for a while, most of the time it doesn't detect that the app is already open making me unable to use it for its purpose.
If fixed, will update review.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door yokaiero, 2 jaar geledenIt was almost perfect, the ui, the organizers. not until, the extension, at first it works really well; I open my firefox nordpass connects, but after using it for a while, most of the time it doesn't detect that the app is already open making me unable to use it for its purpose.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16101212, 2 jaar geledenI keep getting the "something went wrong" and "To use the browser extension, open the NordPass app first" message even though the app is already running. The only way to make it work again is to remove the extension and reinstall it making it pretty much useless.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door pablomax, 2 jaar geledenUPDATE: In the meantime, the app does work better than before and I rarely need to uninstall and re-install. However, even though I have it set to never auto-lock, if I use nordpass on a different machine, then I ALWAYS have to re-log into my account and then once again enter the 2nd password.
Overall, the experience is a lot worse than just using firefox to manage the passwords, which always works.
The app on Android is less than useless though.
There is little value here, unless you keep a separate work / private firefox logins on different machines and dont want to merge your saved passwords.
I still do not recommend this product.Hey there! Could you please make sure that both the extension and application versions are up to date? If the issue persists please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be more than happy to help you out! 😉
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17024986, 2 jaar geleden_sometimes_ works really well, but most of the time gets stuck in loading screen and requires you to manually open the nordpass application (which also has the tendency to load slowly/unreliably) en manually find and copy the stored password, rendering the extension useless.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13489273, 2 jaar geledenI am sure that it will be my favorite in future, it looks good, work well and stuff BUT currently the requirement for external installed program in the OS is an absolute deal breaker! Another deal breaker is the lack of option for credentials remembering, I do not like to log in every time when I start my computer.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16745810, 3 jaar geledenAfter subscribing to the NordPass service, I learned that the browser extension will not work on its own... You are required to install a desktop Nordpass app. Without that app, the browser extension just sends you to the download link for the app.
There is no portable version of the Nordpass app. I cannot install the Nordpass app on my work computer. My son cannot install it on his school computers. It would be inappropriate for me to start installing it on the computers of my friends and family who don't use the service.
So now I have strong passwords for everything, but need to manually transcribe them from my phone to the desktop. This is very inconvenient. I carry a usb stick with portable apps including Firefox portable. I would like to be able to plug into whatever computer I am using and have access to my Nordpass account, at least while browsing. This should be readily doable either through an online login or through a portable app with 2 step confirmation.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstHi there! Your feedback will certainly be taken into account and we will make sure to mention it to our developers' team. However, would be happy to learn more if you have any other insights - could you drop us a message at email@example.com.