- door juan perez, één dag geledenWaardering: 4 van 5One of the best addons for today's internet.
Almost perfect. We just need a way to open sites in containers specified directly using Firefox command line options or with custom URLs.
E.g. Having a Windows shortcut that will open a site in one container and another shortcut that will open it in a different one.
- door Anomaly, 2 dagen geledenWaardering: 4 van 5This is unintentionally a very good tool for systems and there doesn't seem to be any real limits to how many accounts you can have. The only issue we've run into is the limit of tab colors can make things confusing, and I can't see why there isn't a custom color option unless I'm just not seeing it.
- door Camilo, 4 dagen geledenWaardering: 4 van 5The idea of having separate containers for different online activities is great, but it's annoying when you create new containers and they disappear when you change something on the settings and the fact that you can't import your stored data into the containers unless you do it manually...
- door Hirnuva, 20 dagen geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Has done what it's supposed to do so far. A caveat though: when I've set a site to open in a container, I can't revert that change to it to open without a container/in a default one.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13470798, 25 dagen geledenWaardering: 4 van 5I like idea that Mozilla tries to move some of the power user functionalities into add-ons making the browser more lightweight by default.
But I really missed this feature, when it was removed and just found this add-on today.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 17187143, één maand geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Isolation of trackers, always a good thing! Would be 5* if it were possible to manage the stored data for a particular group of containers, Shopping, News, Google, etc.
A news site that downloads 50 or more, highly intrusive and persistent cookies and trackers will need "cleaning" far more than my "Work" tabs that are typically Linux and FOSS technology which (in the main) seem to use minimal cookies.
- door lm, één maand geledenWaardering: 4 van 5It's good but I wish there was a way to put always put all subdomains of, say, google.com into a container automatically, instead of having to add a rule for each subdomain separately.
Ublock Origin and similar add-ons allow the use of wildcard characters which make it easy to filter all subdomains of a site at once. It would be good if this functionality was added to Firefox Multi-Account Containers.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 17168040, één maand geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Very close to perfect! A lot of great features! Excellent for both security and privacy. Just a couple of points keeping it from 5 stars:
1st: We need an option so that all tabs set to open in a container by default won't prompt the user to ask if they want to open a link in its assigned container. It should just do it.
2nd: "The Manage Site List..." menu needs an option to manually enter a web address. Currently the only option is to use the address bar button while navigating, but this can break some re-direct heavy sites. Slack logins, for instance, may go through several different corporate domains in an instant and will break in horribly painful ways if one of those URLs isn't allowed to open in the container holding the login cookie.
3rd: Mozilla VPN is a good idea, but its implementation would be less vulnerable to traffic profiling attacks if it were on by default on all containers and each individual container had a separate opt-out option instead of the current enable option. I'd also like if the service weren't tied to specific Firefox accounts, or had a multi-account payment plan, so that I could use it on my work and home accounts at the same time.
4th: This is just a wish-list thing, but I'd absolutely adore it if you allowed us to use third party VPN logins instead of Mozilla VPN. This would be really great for tunneling into VPNs tied to router networks in the home or at work as if the user were physically on location. A lot of companies do this for security and including this could really help adoption.
Address at least the first three of these and you'll get five stars!
- door oquendo123, 2 maanden geledenWaardering: 4 van 5La extensión es excelente una de las mejores para esto, pero por favor ya arreglen el problema que cuando se cierra el navegador y no escondí las pestañas de un contenedor al abrir el navegador, abren como pestañas normales y no en su contenendor.. Es un incordio y dan ganas de dejar de usar esta extensión.
- door Beer Cup, 2 maanden geledenWaardering: 4 van 5I use this addon to login to multiple social accounts. Very good addon.
But once enabled this addon, the desktop notification no matter from inside or outside the container would not showing the pictures through proxy. Yes, I use firefox's proxy setting and visit matrix element chat sites. (Firefox 94.0.2 x64, Windows 10 Pro, this Addon 8.0.2). Downgrade this addon to 7.4.0, no this problem.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15755045, 2 maanden geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Containers are a good idea. I like the warm-fuzzy of knowing that trackers are limited by Container (right?).
I truly enjoy the color-coding.
And I like the option, accessible from within the little Containers icon* that allows me to choose to group tabs by Container. That Grouping option allows me to keep newly opened tabs together.
1) I need MORE colors. Eight is just not enough.
2)The option to alphabetize Containers by name doesn't flow through to Firefox Settings, and does not alphabetize when adding a new tab.
3) I tried to re-open a Google search tab that was not already in a Container, in a new Container named Amazon, but that operation failed. The new tab opened outside of a Container. The Google search tab opened as expected in a newly created Container named "Research".
I was a little concerned about the privacy of my data given the Containers' permission that says "Store unlimited amount of client-side data", but after reading https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1265089, that became a non-issue. Thanks!
Firefox is my go-to browser. Thanks for keeping user-privacy and convenience in mind!