- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17031629, 2 dagen geledenThis had been wonderful but for the past few days it keeps adding dozens of new containers without me doing anything.
I delete all the containers that I didn't create but they will just reappear. Sometimes it's seconds later, some times it can be an hour but inevitably they do just appear again without going anywhere near.
Shuch a shame.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17031243, 7 dagen geledenThis is one of the "killer features" for me that have me use Firefox. And when I upgraded to FF 103 it was removed along with all my containers! :-(
- Waardering: 1 van 5door allprivatedamnit, 9 dagen geledenAll it takes to lose every single bit of personalized configuration is to toggle disable by accident once.
And I thought it was supposed to sync the settings back regardless?
I'm done with containers. Great idea, poorly implemented.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door BackuPs, 2 maanden geledenLatest version is worse then ever. I want to open a website and it keeps telling me that i need to open it in a container it was opened before even if i check remember this choice. I turned it off. This is not workable anymore ! It used to be such a nice plugin. Now its not ok anymore.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Mac, 2 maanden geledenThis extension used to be amazing, but out of nowhere it stopped working correctly. Now my containers are no longer sandboxed and when I login on one, I have to log out on the others. This is exactly why I use it, to not need to sign out when switching from one login to another, and it is no longer of any use to me.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15740916, 3 maanden geledenThe latest version (8.0.7) is even worse than last time I tested this extension: still no wildcards support, horrible performance, and ads for Mozilla VPN: one at install, another one after opening the popup, and yet another one when managing a container...
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Synetech, 6 maanden geledenThis extension is okay but has at least two major issues:
• It's a massive pain to do things that require third-party sites, for example, if you put Google into its own container, logging into StackExchange sites using OAuth or logging into YouTube become quite the ordeal. 😕 Likewise, you can't log into YouTube unless you reassign Google to "always in" YT's container, then log in, then reassign Google back to "always in" its own container. It's a MASSIVE pain! Similarly, if you put eBay in one container and PayPal in another, you won't be able to make purchases anymore because you can't log into PayPal through eBay. 🤦
• Likewise, there's no way to use wildcards or container-ize subdomains, so you have to add them all manually. For example, you can't put ALL StackExchange sites (*.stackechange.com) in a container together, you have to manually visit each one individually, then do the multiple clicks and mouse-movements to set it to open "always in se container". And then, you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN for each one's meta subdomain. 🤦 Not only is it a massive pain, but it also defeats the point to containers since SE can track you via all the other sites that aren't in a container, including drive-by one-off SE sites you might find yourself on where you don't even have an account. 🤦🤦🤦
• I temporarily disabled the addon to try to debug an issue with a site, and when I re-enabled it, ALL of its settings were gone, all the containers, all the assignments, everything. Worse, restoring the containers from a backup doesn't help because it already WIPED OUT ALL THE COOKIES! 😠 Apparently this has been a bug for a long time and they STILL haven't fixed it. (I guess they're too busy wasting their time integrating Mozilla VPN. 😒)
• It also doesn't seem to work for this site (addons.mozilla.org), I checked the code to see if they put an exception for it (for some reason 🤨), but it doesn't seem to contain one, it just doesn't work. (Maybe Firefox suspiciously treats this site in a different way at a base level. 🤔)
• The interface is extremely lacking. There is no way to directly edit the settings such as a text-box to enter domains to assign containers. The only way to do so is to actually go to a site and then assign it to a container. This has numerous problems:
◦ It allows a site to track you at least once before you assign it to a container.
◦ It doesn't work if you're offline.
◦ It doesn't work if the site redirects to another domain or even subdomains (eg www.), so it can harvest data and quickly redirect, passing the data and preventing you from assigning the original domain to a container. This addon NEEDS a proper UI.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Ian Carolan, 6 maanden geledenThis extension does not work.
Try the following on firefox. Log into an Amazon account in a container in one tab, then open another container tab and log in to another separate Amazon account. Go back to the first tab and refresh the tab. The result is that the first tab now shows the account info of the second tab Amazon account.
So in effect these multi account containers tabs do not isolate anything at all.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar6 maanden geleden geplaatstThat's definitely a bug if the tabs are separate containers. Are you comfortable filing a new bug (or up-voting an existing bug) at the GitHub project: https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Pckit, 6 maanden geledenThere is a very annoying problem: I selected "Remember my decision for this site", and selected "Open with container", then opened a new tab, and then opened the same site, and the prompt appeared again! I've searched the settings and there is no option to remove this site prompt! Also, even though I've opted not to open the container, it still opens as a "private" container, and I can't find an option to remove this site's settings at all.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16662911, 6 maanden geledenannoying 4 preset containers, cannot hide and coming back every time i install the addon again, even with sync enabled. Whats more, sync experience was back.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13159776, 7 maanden geledenDoes not work comes up blank no adding no subtracting just a bunch of containers without any editing adding or subtracting couldn't paste a screenshot
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Bill, 7 maanden geledenDisappointing! Does NOT create containers! This ONLY allows you to manually open new tabs and duplicate existing tabs with a color code. Either way this requires extra steps, time, and thinking. Containers are a great concept along with color coded windows and related tab groupings, but none of this is offered.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door font21, 7 maanden geledenOlder versions worked flawlessly. Now, any time I click on a link of a page already opened in a container...it opens outside of any container. When I right-click the link and ask to open in a specific container it opens the link outside of any container. That makes this addon useless.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Cath, 7 maanden geledenFirst it was great. Five stars, then suddenly I was greeted by literally all of my containers gone. Gone. What happened here? Edit: Turns out even all my logged in e-mails and accounts are logged out?!
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15407415, 8 maanden geleden"You need an updated version of Firefox" Are you kidding me?? As of 17 December 2021, Firefox 91.4.1esr *is* the latest Firefox version in the ESR branch.
Don't you know your own software, Mozilla?