- Waardering: 2 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14536983, 4 jaar geledenIt works nicely, except for syncing across different machines (no refresh option on synced machines) which unfortunately for me is a big deal.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door David Lewis, 4 jaar geledenPresentation is nowhere as compact or easy to quickly scan as the original Firefox RSS and consequently I probably will not use this add on. I do not understand why the author didn't compact the display of live feeds so that users can see all that is available without having to scroll and scroll and scroll!
- Waardering: 2 van 5door jj, 4 jaar geledenThis is an excellent replacement for the discontinued FF Livemarks. I created a folder for all my rss feeds and placed it on the toolbar. This is a simple way to keep the feeds organized and easy to scan.
My wish would be that visited links would change icon color to show already visited when reviewing feeds.
Update: Sadly the feeds do not update regularly. The only way I can force an update is to close and reopen FF.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door morkil, 4 jaar geledenA very good idea, but this extensions not *yet* usable (at least not in my case). It breaks the following Firefox features I use:
- Firefox sync (some RSS article links got changed to empty folders, there are problems with synchronizing subscribed RSS channels),
- Recent bookmarks "magic" folder got flooded with RSS entries (all RSS entries got there, pushing off bookmarks I added manually).
I'll update my review when things change :)
Too bad Mozilla decided to delete a good feature because "people don't use it", but they didn't actively promote it :(
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstHello morkil,
Thanks for the review, the latest version (version 1.8) now adds Firefox sync support. Normally, the livemarks should appear on the other instance too and should be listed under the add-on preferences. Can you please let us know if it works for you ?
Also, the recent bookmarks folder situation should be improved as we no longer recreate the bookmarks when updating them.