2. Information We Collect and Use
3. How We Use Your Information
4. How We Share Your Information
5. How We Protect Your Information
6. Other Important Information
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE.
Anonymous User Information. In general, we collect and use anonymous information and data regarding your access and use of the Sites. When you visit the Sites, our servers record the information your browser automatically sends whenever visiting or using a web site, including your web request, the Internet Protocol address and browser configuration of your computer, the date and time of your request, and the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the referring and exiting web sites. If you use our search services, we also collect information on the search terms you submit and the links you click upon the results pages. We do not require you to provide us with any information that identifies you personally to visit the Sites or use our search services. We generally collect this anonymous information in server log files and use this information for a variety of purposes, including providing you with our search services, the administration and operation of our web sites, identifying and preventing fraud and misuse of our web sites, and designing and developing new products and services.
We may collect or request such personal information in the following ways:
1. Correspondence. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the contact information you provide to us in order to communicate with you regarding your correspondence.
2. Surveys, Promotions or Contests. From time to time, we may conduct surveys, promotions, or contests on the Sites. Participation in these events is completely voluntary, and you will always have a choice whether or not to participate. Any personal information collected as part of the event will only be collected and used for purposes of the event, such as to notify the winners and award prizes for a promotion or contest, and as otherwise set forth as part of the survey, promotion, or contest. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Sites.
3. User Groups. If you register for a user group or special program on the Sites, we request individual user information. If you choose to participate in a user group, your individual user information will be used to qualify you and to contact you for various projects at our discretion. You may opt-out of a user group at any time by following the opt-out provisions of the user group.
4. Tell-A-Friend. If you use our referral services for informing friends or family about any of our services, we may ask you for individual user information and the name and email address of your friend or family member. We will only use the information you provide us to send the person an e-mail inviting them to visit the site or use the service.
Cookies Information. When you visit the Sites or use our Services, one or more cookies, web beacons, or action tags may be sent to your computer or otherwise used in connection with your visit or use. A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your computer when you visit a web site or use a service. When stored on your computer, a cookie uniquely identifies your browser and records your preferences and other data about your visit or use. Cookies are also sometimes used to complete transactions requested by users. Web beacons, also known as web bugs, are small, graphic images that transparently reside on a web site or other web-based service and are designed to allow the web site or service owner to monitor who is visiting the web site or using the service. Action tags assist in delivering cookies and embed a random identifying number on a user's browser. We use information collected from these devices to track which pages our users view, which browsers they use, and other information about user activity when visiting the Sites or using our Services. We also use the information collected and stored by cookies to help us provide you with personalized features and preferences when using our Services in a manner that is linked to personal user information you elect to share with us. We use action tags to compile statistics and other data about our users on an aggregate basis.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. For a session cookie, once you close your browser the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie stays stored on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can change the settings on your browser to refuse or notify you prior to accepting cookies and to remove them from your computer. However, some features and services may not function properly without cookies.
Third Party Advertisements. From time to time,we will engage third party advertisement networks that may place cookies on your computer when accessing and using our Services. These cookies collect anonymous, non-personal information regarding your access and use of our Sites, and are used by us and our third party advertising network partners to identify and target related advertising to the computer's user when on the Sites or web sites within the third party's advertising network. Some of these third party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and subject to the NAI Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Preference Marketing by Network Advertisers, available atwww.networkadvertising.org (the "NAI Principles"). If you would like to opt-out from these services from NAI members, you may go to the NAI Non-PII Opt-Out Page, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp, or the opt-out page of the particular third party advertising network identified in the cookie.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
Generally. In general, we use your personal information for the purpose it was collected, including internally to serve you the web sites and services you request, to enhance and extend our relationship with you, and to improve our Sites and Services. We also use personal information for fulfillment and billing purposes, to respond to customer support inquiries, to inform you of new web sites or services, and to comply with applicable laws. We may access, use, disclose, and share any non-personally identifiable information and data we collect for any business purpose and with any third party in our sole discretion. When you conduct a search on the Sites, we use the search terms you submit along with the information set forth above to provide you with relevant search results, including results tailored to your geographic location based on the Internet Protocol address of your computer. This information is also used to maintain and improve the quality, security, and integrity of our Services and to detect and protect against security threats such as botnet attacks, click fraud, and worms.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
In general, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise trade your personally identifiable information ("PII") with third parties. However, we do share your PII with third parties when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. For example, sharing of your PII may take place under the following limited circumstances:
1. Consent. When we have received your consent or permission.
2. Transaction Processing. When it is necessary to complete a requested transaction, such as verification of your credit card information.
3. Third Party Service Providers. Occasionally, we engage third parties to provide us with products and services, such as support, consulting, statistical analysis, and marketing research that may require access to or use of your personal information. In such event, the third party will be obligated to maintain the privacy of any PII disclosed or shared as part of its provision to us of the product or service and to only use such information for that limited purpose.
4. Business Transfers. Information about our users and the access and use of the Sites and our products and services is one of our most important business assets. As such, information about our users, including PII, may be disclosed and transferred as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide our products and services, and the sale or pledge of company assets, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which PII would be transferred as one of the business assets.
5. To Respond to Legal Requests and Prevent Harm. We may disclose, remove, destroy, or alter PII in our possession or control pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requests. Such action will only be done if we have a good faith belief that the response is necessary to comply with the legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers, or the public.
Anonymous Information.We may access, use, disclose, and share any anonymous, non-PII and data we collect for any business purpose and with any third party in our sole discretion.
Third Party Information Collection and Use. The Sites and our Services use and provide access to products, services, and content of third parties ("Third Party Properties"), such as third party search results, web sites, links, and advertisements. Please be aware that we do not control and are not responsible for the information collection and use practices and policies of these third parties, and that by accessing or using Third Party Properties they may collect information regarding your use and access. In general, clicking on third party links on the Sites, whether part of a search result, advertisement, or other content, will allow the third party provider of the result, link, or content to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about your browser and activity. We encourage you to be aware when you click on a link or visit a Third Party Property or otherwise leave our Sites, to review any such third party's data and information collection and use practices and policies with regard to their web site, products, or services.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
6. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
Choice. Typically you will have the choice of whether or not to provide us with PII. However, you may not be able to access or use some features of the Sites, Services, and some of our other services if you choose not to provide us with the information required for those services. Unless the cost, burden, or expense of such access is unwarranted, or the rights of a third party would be violated, we will provide you with the ability to access, correct, update, and/or delete the personal information we collect and store from you by written request using the contact information provided below.
Children's Privacy (Users under the Age of 13). In response to concerns about protecting children's privacy online, Congress enacted the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), which sets forth rules and procedures governing the ways through which web sites may collect, use, and disclose personal information for children under the age of 13. In accordance with policy and COPPA regulations, we DO NOT:
1. request or knowingly collect personally, online identifiable information or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age; or
2. knowingly use or share PII from users under 13 years of age with third parties.
It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will work to delete the information from our servers.
Safe Harbor.All of our Sites abide by the European Union ("EU") Safe Harbor framework, as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding collection, use, and retention of data from the EU. Our privacy practices with respect to personal data collected from individuals residing in the EU are self-certified to the Safe Harbor Program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission. For more information about the Safe Harbor Program, please visithttp://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. Terms that are capitalized below have the same meanings given to them as part of the Safe Harbor Program.