Waarom is WebDriver Element Locator gemaakt?
I originally developed the extension for myself and my team, to speed up our test script creation. Location of elements can be tricky for new users, and it can be extremely time consuming to manually check the html for every element to construct their locators in a site with hundreds if not thousands of unique testable elements. This extension allowed us to concentrate on writing valuable tests rather than worrying about the list of elements yet to locate.
Wat biedt de toekomst voor WebDriver Element Locator
Now preferences and the initial locators for C#, Java, Python, Ruby and plain XPath are implemented, I'm looking at
- IFrames: At the moment it's possible for the addon to suggest a locator as unique, but have it fail at runtime as it's contained in a frame that hasn't yet been SwitchTo'd.
- FindElements: Now I've implemented the language specific submenus I should be able to add options for FindElements without overloading the context menu. These should also contain the Count of the returned collection.
- Element highlighting: It may be handy to have the focused element highlighted on right click to help prevent confusion in the focus of the locator.
Over de ontwikkelaar
|Beroep||Principal Engineer, Test|
|Gebruiker sinds||July 24, 2012|
|Aantal ontwikkelde add-ons||2 add-ons|
|Gemiddelde waardering van de add-ons van de ontwikkelaar||Waardering 4 van 5 sterren|
Wie is Andrew?
UK based engineer, primarily interested in learning more about
- Test automation
- Test analysis
- Supporting cross-discipline test activity
- Test environment virtualisation and provision automation
- Buta no kakuni