- door MisfortuneCookie, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5A simple, useful extension that seems to work for blocking annoying autoplay videos, but whitelist/blacklisting is a missing, almost essential feature.
- door JHHL, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5This is the third one I've tried, and the first one that will actually block the new autoplay on a YouTube channel home page. It's not perfect (the red frame ends up above the channel home page autoplay video, instead of around it), but at least it works.
(Were these YouTube people born in a barn? What were they thinking? Finding ways to bypass browser settings and force autoplay? Don't they have better things to do? Don't they have the slightest understanding of netiquette?)
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15203055, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5It works, and I'll give it that. However, if we could whitelist certain websites and they got rid of the jarring red boarder, it would be much, much better.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15197543, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 3 van 5Works where other addons don't. However this needs to add exception websites like YouTube etc where we do expect videos to autoplay. It would also help to have an address bar icon to quickly disable it if we need to.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15152028, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5This works 100% of the time. Unfortunately some sites it works too well. There are some video sites, like Netflix and Amazon, where I wish I could white list those sites to they will operate normally. DAP messes up NF and AP and to get them to work you have to disable the extension.
- door ykzarb, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This worked perfectly initially for months. No video played within the red outline. I'm sorry to say, however, that recently videos have been playing immediately EVEN THOUGH they are within a red outline. I'm very disappointed as it previously worked well.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 12475531, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Very effective in blocking auto play in audios and videos. The video will play only if you click the "click to play" option. So far so good. Thanks.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14966070, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5works but yahoo has been wising up.now theres times when u will click one vid to play and another square remains in the same area..and if u click that square to make it go away another vid will start playing..
this does its job of not having things not play automatically but could use a lil adapting to the new annoying things that are coming our way
- door Firefox-gebruiker 13516608, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5THIS IS ALMOST AS OBNOXIOUS AS VIDEOS THAT AUTO PLAY. SURROUNDS THE VIDEO WITH A BIG RED BOX WITH 'CLICK TO PLAY" EMBLAZONED ACROSS THE TOP. NOT VERY SUBTLE. WILL MORE THAN LIKELY REMOVE AND CONTINUE THE SEARCH.
- door Shudushi, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5The only one I found, working on YouTube and Computerbild.de (example https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-Tests-PS4-Devil-May-Cry-5-21856621.html).
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14579905, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 5 van 5this is the only autostopper I've tried that actually works. I've recently switched to chrome (FF is a memory hog!)...do you have a version for chrome?
- door Marsu42, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 4 van 5Very nice in comparison to similar addons as it's easy to see which vids were stopped.
Some cusotomization would be welcome though - i.e. toolbar button with on/off toggle and a site black/gray/whitelist (surely, all of this code can be copy/pasted from an open source addon, if you release the source code yourself?)