- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16948790, 2 jaar geledenbrilliant! I've used so many worthless link checkers over the years I'd given up... until 'Bookmarks Organizer - it finds EVERY broken link, EVERY duplicate link, and enables you to redirect changed links - a HUNDRED MILLION THANKS to Sören Hentzschel!!
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16947642, 2 jaar geledenAfter trying to sync Firefox bookmarks on several devices cluttered with various old copies of miscellaneous bookmarks, my bookmarks were a complete mess.
Bookmarks Organizer has been a great help in the process of cleaning up the mess. Thank you!
(Now, if you could please add a feature that will remove all bookmarks that I will never need again, but which I don't know that I will never need again. :-) )
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Kelue, 2 jaar geledenAs others have said, this is HALF of a really great addon. The search and duplication check is fast and accurate. But then it's like the developer just decided that was good enough and stopped there. The inability to delete more than one bookmark at a time, and EACH deletion requires you to click a confirmation box, renders this completely and utterly useless.There was no "decision" to stop. I accept pull requests. Everyone is invited to contribute.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door bhrgunatha, 2 jaar geledenBEWARE: This add-on DOES NOT copy tags when it replaces a redirected URL. If you have tags and value them do NOT use this to replace redirects. Destroying your data is unforgivable.
Also this has obviously not been used or tested on a large number of bookmarks (I have over 2000) and it is a usability nightmare for two main reasons.
First, there is no way to select multiple URLS and apply a single action (remove duplicate or change a redirect).
Second, there is no way to use the keyboard to navigate or interact with the dialogs so you are forced to move and click with the mouse.
I AM aware there is a "Change ALL redirects" but this is dangerous e.g. many websites redirect to a login screen when you are logged out so now all your bookmarks for those sites would be for the login screen. Once again you need to adress these one-bu-one which I DID do only to discover my tag data deleted.There is no WebExtension API at all for tags. And what you described about tags is documented in the description of the add-on. If you don't read the description that's your fault, not the developer's fault. It's not okay to give a bad review just because you didn't read.
It's also not okay to tell it was tested on a large number bookmarks. I have more than 5,000 and it works for me.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door rakat, 2 jaar geledenThis organizer only found 68 bookmarks. It did not find the bookmarks imported from another browser. They were there, tho.Did you understand the function of Bookmarks Organizer? It only finds BROKEN bookmarks. If the bookmarks from your other browser work there is no point in showing them…
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Michel, 2 jaar geledenWorks badly enough to be unuseable.
Finds as "broken" perfectly working, recent, fast bookmarks, so you have to check one by one everything it finds.
Does not say why the link has an error. Eg. if it doesn't answer, is broken (404), has an authentication error (which can be OK since you are not logged on), etc. so the results are useless.
It is not possible to mass-delete a group of bookmarks anyway.
Quite slow altogether, even with a 1Gb link it's slow.
Doesn't cache the results even for a little time so if you inavertendly close the result windows while checking for actually broken links, you must start over again.
Can't stop a running task, so if you started over again and find it too long, you can't cancel it to search for something else.
Can't choose where to start or which folder to check, it's all or nothing.
Won't remove obsolete separation lines, so if you deleted a number of bookmarks you get a collection of useless separation lines in the folder.
Will do nothing to actually "organize" your bookmarks, the name is misleading.
You cannot whitelist a folder.
Bye bye.It is not really slow if you think about it how the Bookmarks Organzier works. While I could make a few changes to make it a bit (not a lot!) faster if would mean that the quality of the results could no longer be the same. From a quality POV the Bookmarks Organizer has the most advanced algorithm to determine if bookmarks are still valid or not. We talk about bookmarks. I think false results are really bad for bookmarks. That's why I used an quality-focused approach.
Giving only one star just because it hasn't all the features you would like to see is a very bad way to interact with an add-on developer. There are no surprises at all, I described in detail what this add-on offers. So if it's not enough you could could know it before you installed the add-on. One star makes sense if the add-on does not hold what it promised but that's really nothing you could say about this add-on.
FWIW, I accept pull requests for enhancements and new features.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Forby, 2 jaar geledenKatastrophe: Sah nach einem zweiten Durchlauf alle meine Lesezeichen als Fehler an und löschte sämtliche. Tipp: vorher Lesezeichenbackup machen!Mit Verlaub, aber das ist GELOGEN. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht niemals von alleine Lesezeichen. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht ausschließlich Lesezeichen, wenn du den Befehl zum Löschen gibst. Das ist ein Fakt. Es ist vom Code des Bookmarks Organizers her technisch gar nicht möglich, dass das von alleine passiert.
- Waardering: 2 van 5door Opa Smurf, 2 jaar geleden"finds" , but does not organize nor delete doubles - which isn't really helpful - since i already know i have doubles, firefox the usual culprit here. Manually deleting 2000+ bookmarks is certainly something i won't do. (buku /linux cli) but still searching for an Xmarks replacement for windows
- Waardering: 1 van 5door aringx, 2 jaar geledenEvery DELETE must be confirmed -- if there are hundreds, just annoyng
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14784338, 2 jaar geledenThe scan feature is extremely fast, the fastest from the extensions I've used of this nature thus far. However, the lack of a delete all or a checkbox system to make that part of the process faster makes this utterly useless unless you only have a handful of bookmarks. At which point, you could do everything this extension does manually anyway. To make matters, better or worse, when deleting a bookmark you have to manually confirm its deletion.
I don't know about other users, but the reason I need an extension like this is because my bookmarks are in the 10,000 range (actually used to be more like 50,000 but it got better). Because of this, not only is it important that the scan feature is reliable and relatively quick, but the ease of what comes next is also important.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door drliu1202, 2 jaar geledenIt is a bookmarks checker. I have to delete duplicated bookmarks manually.
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13536747, 2 jaar geledenWorks really good, look nice, just the pop-up warning should be able to be disabled
- Waardering: 5 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16430703, 2 jaar geledenExcellent extension - I've had many bookmarks for 10+ years or older. Extension quickly identified the ones no longer working - duplicates and redirects. My initial bookmark count was 2119 now 769. No problems whatsoever with the extension